Rate my AH roaming build

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

Posted by: MasterAbaddon.7839

MasterAbaddon.7839

hey guys i made a build that allows you to roam and do some decent dmg as a guard while having altruistic heals. here’s the link

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJASWlYgqCnFSEEfIFRWBWaVggYKwI8ve4QKyQA-jUDBYLAoLQEGQUBAJPERrJQglhFRjVvATVKyKTJVFDwSGwbgRrGA-w

i put 10 pts. into radiance for the extra crit so it synergizes with empowering might in the honor trait. not to mention the cd reduction on the signet. you can switch it out for fiery wrath if you already have a high crit chance without being traited.
Now as for the Spirit weapon. I know theres a lot of talk of how useless it can be. but this build is idealy for roaming/skirmishing and most of the time the fights are small so your weapon isnt destroyed. not to mention the spirit weapon counts as an ally so my boons will heal me more (you get more heals the more allies you boon with AH). as for choosing the Hammer of Wisdom (it was my preference since it gives an added bonus of crowd control, you can switch it out for the sword however for the shorter CD).
The reason why i use the hammer is so i have constant protection. not to mention every 3rd auto attack i get 3 stacks of protection plus empowering might which gives might with every crit. so my regen is pretty good with a high crit chance just from auto attacking. as for staff its pretty obvious why i use it with AH.
anyways thnx for reading

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Hammer/staff for roaming?

You have no active condition removal.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

I think most roamers will just run around and play the “I CAN TOUCH YOU BUT YOU CAN’T CATCH ME” game with his guardian.

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

AH is never good for roaming because it depends on being near people and roaming is usually done solo or in very small groups.

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

MasterAbaddon.7839

I think most roamers will just run around and play the “I CAN TOUCH YOU BUT YOU CAN’T CATCH ME” game with his guardian.

i think you failed to notice i had the 6 piece rune of the traveler passive. so no. i don’t get kited. im pretty much always in their face and people barely get away from me. unless theyre a War with a GS.

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I always like to see builds with spirits weapons, overall it looks like a decent build. Only glaring issue in my eye is just the two condition remover, and both being passive on top of it. However this wouldn’t be a huge problem if you have another Guard in your group covering for you.

It looks like a fun build, don’t listen to all the naysayers on the forums.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

I also think the biggest problem is the lack of condition remover.

Your option here is 30 in honor for PoV or 20 in Virtues for Absolute Resolution, or solider runes. I am curious, why AH, if you want to roam?

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

I don’t PVP but I do play a PVE guard and as others have pointed out, AH kinda sucks unless you got a group of people around you that you can stack boons on so you can heal. Solo, AH is kinda worthless and overall I think AH even in PVE is kinda worthless unless your group sucks and needs an anchor guard.

If anything, like bigmonto said, get either 30 in honor for PoV or 20 in virtues for absolute resolution with the elite that resets your virtues(cant remember off the top of my head) so you can wipe off 6 conditions and have 3 secs of invuln.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

I really really really recommend not using AH for Roaming because it’s useless at recovering from being burst and unless you’re in a group the healing is terrible and as a Guardian I would probably be able to kite you while you are running this build in all honestly so I’d try something else like a triple meditation or Healaway Hybrid.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

CRrabbit.1284

6 piece of traveler = +25% speed, perma swiftness = +33%; basically any good roamer can maintain that, you lost in the 1st step although not too far since you have staff 3 to cover 2/3 of time;
Your build have 0 gap closer, you lost a big 2nd step;
You have only 0 active condition remover (only 2 passive), which means you will be crippled/chilled/immobilized for more than 1/2 of time, you lost another big 3rd step;
Your only hard CC (hammer 3) can be easily dodged, so you have no way to catch anyone who want to run away from you, you lost another 4th step.

Therefore , I see no reason you won’t be kited by any good roamer.

i think you failed to notice i had the 6 piece rune of the traveler passive. so no. i don’t get kited. im pretty much always in their face and people barely get away from me. unless theyre a War with a GS.

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

-You havent condition removal, with 14k health you will have a bad time vs conditions.

-You have low armor and low mobility, even with that runes, you need gap closers, dash, blinks. Because in roaming there are a LOT of cripples and chills and mobility builds…

-You have very poor sustainability, AH need players around, and you have low healing power for regen or roll dodges to keep you alive. AH is good because you dont need healing power, but you need people around.

Build mobility and condition removal if you wanna be berserker. Try the build roaming alone or with 1 or 2, not in minizergs or pug groups, try to find lonely roamers and duel them, is the best way to try your build. There is a lot of bad players in wvw, you need to try your build in duels or vs great roamers.

I agree with tanshiniza, try triple meditation or healway, i run healway for roaming and is great, with GS/sword i have a lot of mobility, i am pretty hard to kill. I use AH for zerg only or big roaming groups. You can try stunningstyles build for roaming, search it in youtube is great too, GS/staff with a lot of condition removal and nice damage.

Harbinger: this is not about naysayers, he ask for a rate, and he lack on mobility and condition removal, essential tools in roaming.

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

Try the builds out in sPvP and if you do relatively well there then you should do relatively well as a solo roamer although WvW is different from sPvP they do have similar principles. Kill people and Survive.

I have always been a Solo/2-3 man cell roamer and there are 3 things I keep in mind for it:

1) Sustain High Mobility – hit and run – escaping – chasing etc
2) Keep an eye out on the horizon for new prey but also that thief creeping up behind you.
3) Troll as hard as possible for as long as possible because nothing says Hammer time like a ring of warding in the middle of a zerg. It’s just not fun if you don’t get on peoples nerves and have them chasing you eternally for vengeance.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

no condi removers..
heavy risk.. but the prize

Roleplayer.

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

MasterAbaddon.7839

hi. i took some of your advice and decided to move the 10 pt.s from radiance into virtues. how ever i didnt get absolute resolution i went with master of concentration & dropped hold the line for purging flames (28 sec.multi- condi removal + dmg VS. PoV having 24-28sec. cd shouts that remove 1 condi VS. VoR 3 condi removal every 60sec. or VoR 6 condi removal every 60 sec. using renewed focus) I went with Purgin Flames since i really need an active condi removal that can counter pressure and at the same time support. not to mention its every 28secs traited which is on par with a traited Shout cd aswell. as for Absolute Resolution, the fact that it multi functions with a heal makes it useless to me because ill have to use it when im pretty high in hp to cleanse a condi & waste a valuable heal at the same time. I dunno, though ive heard that the passive regen speed makes it more valuable when in synergy with other traits. however for this build i dont really find it all that useful .^^

Still keeping the Spirit weapon so it counts as an ally and im getting the full regen affect from my boons. only this time im using Sword of Justice (mainly for the fast CD). Im only using 1 shout & thats the Stand your Ground since breaks stun/grants ret/grants stability/counts as 2boons.
I dont really need shouts tbh since my auto attack boons might & protection all the time. The build works nice. i can solo camps and take on anyone 1v1.

in terms of closing the gap im relying on my 25% passive speed from travelers & hammer #2/3 (although i usually save #3 when i need to peel myself & run) Ill make a video and post it when i have the time. FYI. this post was intended to shed new light on another possible roaming build using AH since its sounds like an oxymoron :P. i am familiar with monk/meditation builds, however i wanted to try something different and take a route that’s not as popular/cookie cutter. It’s not the best build for roaming but in my opinion its probably the funnest since it’s trolly. kinda like CRrabbit with his posts that subtly try to hint how much of a pro beast GW2 player he is. Kudos to you bro, gee i didnt know guardians could be kited….. even with GS & Meditations it can still be exploited around the cds…. atleast the gap closer with hammer #2 has a 5 sec CD compared to a 15 sec GS LoF or 45 sec Judge Int. even if its a shorter distance the splash dmg has a pretty big radius from the point of impact.

BTW i use shelter now instead of signet like a good boy :P

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Now sound better with at least that condition removal.

In my opinion PoV is better for roaming, roaming is about mobility, the oppossite of purging flames, and sometimes you need to remove that insane 25 stacks what some build can stack in too short time. Sometimes you cant wait for it (PF only remove 1 per second) And you are force to play defensive if the enemy is range because you need to stay in the circle. Letting the enemy to make a great pressure to you.
Right now PoV remove 2 condition (is bugged) and convert 1 into boons, if you run pure shout you can remove 6 conditions and convert 3 into boons in a low CD, plus the buff of the shouts.

Absolute resolve is a plus, and VoR is not a great healing tool with low healing power. You need to cycle wisely VoR and renewed focus and VoR again to clear conditions, is a plus to another condition removal tool, you need to use it in a perfect situation, when you are low or almost dying and need clear your conditions, if not, use your another condition removal tool. Is all about choices in the right time.

Another way to have a insane condition removal gaining critical damage and without PoV, is using Absolute resolution, runes of lyssa and contemplation of purity. Is a GREAT synergy. You have 3 condition removal by VoR, you convert all condition into boons with contemplation of purity, you can use renewed focus to convert all your conditions again into boons (lyssa rune) and you have again VoR to another 3 condition removal. Is great, a lot of condition removal and a lot of boons without shouts or PoV.

But is only my opinion, i respect your choice to try something new, right now the guardian is stuck in few high viable builds.

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

MasterAbaddon.7839

But is only my opinion, i respect your choice to try something new, right now the guardian is stuck in few high viable builds.

its not as solid as x/x/30/30/x in terms of what the developers have decided what a "guardian should do" but its fun to tinker around with. some people say the build is just a crutch. but crutches prevent you from becoming a rally bot.

The nerf to Judges Intervention pretty much forced me to seek out other ways to play aggressive. in this case i found that the build has a nice balance of aggression & defense to it since protection & might are on auto attack.

Rate my AH roaming build

in Guardian

CRrabbit.1284

I don’t need to hint anything. I play guardian for majority of WvW(mainly for organized medium-large group) and I also have 2 roamers (1 Condition/BM ranger + 1 GS/rifle warrior). Either my ranger or my warrior has never been killed by any guardian 1v1 simply becoz I can kite the guardian anytime as I want. For certain bunker guardian it may lead to a never-end fight but your build is clearly not that type. I am pretty confident to beat your build with either my ranger or warrior simply by kiting you to death.
BTW, also lol at you considering hammer 2 as a gap closer, you can run together with a friend who also has +25% speed and see whether you can beat him by using hammer 2 as gap closer.

kinda like CRrabbit with his pokittenkittenhat subtly try to hint how much of a pro beakitten GW2 player he is. Kudokitteno you bro, gee i didnt know guardians could be kited….. even with GS & Meditations it can kittenill be exploited around the cds…. atleakitten the gap closer with hammer #2 has a 5 sec CD compared to a 15 sec GS LoF or 45 sec Judge Int. even if its a shorter dikittenance the splash dmg has a pretty big radius from the point of impact.

BTW i use shelter now inkittenead of signet like a good boy :P