Ray of Judgement

Ray of Judgement

in Guardian

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Hey guys, I’ve been playing Guardian on a serious level for maybe a month now after having mained Warrior since launch and I’ve been spending quite a lot of time in tPvP with my Guard. I’ve basically been rolling a pretty standard medi build using Focus and I had a question for some more experienced Guardians about Ray of Judgement…

How the hell do you use this effectively? I’m nearing my Champion Paragon title and I still can’t get a hang of this thing. I understand it’s better off at far range, but as I’m usually fighting on a tight point, I can’t really back up and I’m finding that half the time it goes on the 3s CD because it doesn’t have LoS.

I understand the mechanics of why this happens (my target has likely moved out of my LoS cone) but I was wondering if anyone had any tips to get better at using this somewhat clunky skill.

Also just gonna add that a 0.75s cast time is kinda silly on a skill like this, but that’s just my opinion.

noice

Ray of Judgement

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

Watch movement patterns and try to adjust as in if theyre moving towrads the right of you, move left and turn your camera to the right. Sometimes you have to be really really fast with camera movement, but I still miss probably 10% of my melee-range ray of judgements so its really just something you need to work on.
And the .75s cast time is probably necessary considering how OP the skill is imo. (just dont add an obvious animation )

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Ray of Judgement

in Guardian

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

I’ll give that a go, thanks.

It is pretty strong, I just wish I could get it off more! I think maybe 0.5s would be better but eh, can’t have everything.

noice

Ray of Judgement

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

Also not moving lets the game auto turn you but thats lame

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Ray of Judgement

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I use it a lot of the time immediately after a dodge. It creates a bit of a gap, and it will auto turn you around like oobs mentioned. Seems to work pretty often for me.