Recommend commander build

in Guardian

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

Can anyone recommend a commander build for Guardian?
Is the shield at all viable as a commander (even if its not the best)?
What is the meta & what are the alternatives?

Thanks

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Shield is a pretty bad choice in any case. That is not just because it is bad but also because you have to pick the one handers that are inferior in large mobile fights.

Alturistic healing is pretty standard. Your main goal is to stay up and also stay in front above all else. Oh and yes, people can single you out. It is pretty scary

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Commander builds are generally AH builds. 0/1/6/6/1, 0/0/6/6/2, or 0/0/6/4/4. Weapons of choice is definitely staff, with hammer or gs.

Gear is usually solider with a few other pieces mixed in.

Runes are generally Trooper or Melandru, this depends on the size of the group and number of condi clears.

Utilities, three shouts or two shouts with a consecration. Some people even like running two shouts and JI, for extra mobility.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

This is not a Commander build but what I’ll run whenever I feel like doing Zerg WvW will be Weapons and Soldier Armor wuth Zerker Thrinkets, Soldier Runes, Something with Energy on both weapons as sigils (Sigil of Strength problably, Idk is Bloodlust is to needed but if it is that will be on the Staff problably and Strength on GS) and 0/1/6/6/1 as traits. I still don’t have this all set up but I will and maybe someday WvW captivates me again to the point of I try it hard. Idk WvW for me has been roaming for a long time and even that I don’t do it as much as I wanted. The server I’m in doesn’t help much either, Gandara doesn’t do much stuff beside zerging, it is a Gold League server after all (I think)

For Commander this can work but I would not recomend Zerker Thrinkets, at least no all 6 as Zerker, maybe some Soldier, Knight or even Celestial Idk

Harbinger Guide is pretty good to check out for builds, and since Guard doesn’t change much it is still no out dated (and it will not be in like 1 year + problably)

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

6/4/4 GS/Staff – indomitable courage over absolute resolution – Stand Your Ground, Purging Flames and Hallowed Ground

Take Master of Consecrations. Basically, leap in, pop hallowed ground then pull things to you. This gives everyone on point stability and fire aura or might stacks from blasting it. Stabilty is king.

Go all PVT with a precision neck. Grab Sigil of Accuracy and use the Precision Oil. AH will give you the healing you need. This is a very tanky and versatile build.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

Thanks for the builds guys,
shame about the shield. IMO they could fix it by simply giving it a big armour boost. They don’t even need to necessarily change the skills. Realistically, a shield is gonna give you a big defensive boost anyway (and at the minute its pretty minimal).
Guess I won’t be crafting FP

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

in Guardian

Posted by: killtl.9703

killtl.9703

I also like the toughness/precision build. With Knight armor, soldier runes, guard stacks, misc. trinkets, Sigil of Perception, and cheap food/utility I end up with around 2000 health, 3100 armor, 63% crit, 600 healing, 170% ferocity, 1650 power. I use the metabattle 00644 traits mostly with empowering might, glacial heart and 2 shouts. Still not decided on ideal sigils but I have perception and stamina on staff; energy and fire but will likely replace fire with strength on my hammer.

I stack up might pretty fast in a battle and that with the high crit/ferocity helps make up for the low power. Hammer dishes out a lot of pain when in use. AH with dodge rolls keeps me alive without much trouble and I have lots of boons to share with my group.

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Hammer is obviously the pick for guardians in WvW. However, GS is good for a commander. Not for the pull but for the leap. You are able to set that spot where you are fighting and everyone following gets that mental second to adjust. You are like a marker on the map for them to get to and blast. If you leap and hallowed ground you can get it down by time they arrive.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Go full nomads, AH, x/focus+staff. Triple shout. Enjoy never dying ever.

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Can glacial heart even chill multiple enemies? It seems like those proc effects with a cooldown only affect one target.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Can glacial heart even chill multiple enemies? It seems like those proc effects with a cooldown only affect one target.

It can, It does the chill in a small 180 unit circle around your enemy.

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Go full nomads, AH, x/focus+staff. Triple shout. Enjoy never dying ever.

That could work well for an elementalist or warrior because of all the might they can maintain but unless you have allot of might stackers in your group I wouldn’t suggest it as a guardian.

Sure you will be hard to kill, but your damage will be so low you may not even tag anything for loot.

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Hammer is obviously the pick for guardians in WvW. However, GS is good for a commander. Not for the pull but for the leap. You are able to set that spot where you are fighting and everyone following gets that mental second to adjust. You are like a marker on the map for them to get to and blast. If you leap and hallowed ground you can get it down by time they arrive.

Sword is also nice because you have allot more control over when you law down a light field. (meaning your less likely to law one down over a fire field)

Personally speaking I’d run with one of each, if not at the same time keep one in your bags.