Recommended HP in WvW Zerg?

in Guardian

Posted by: FarmingPanda.4359

FarmingPanda.4359

Hey, I’m trying to build a guardian zerg build with decent damage. Just wondering what the absolute minimum/ or the recommended HP(vitality) I should be aiming for.

Thanks in advance!

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

18k if you are really good with sticking/ avoiding bombs/ using the right things at the right time. 22 if you’re not that confident in your abilities to survive.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hattoni.8597

Hattoni.8597

For me 18k is enough, but what @oxtred said – it requires good timing to survive.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

There’s really no right or wrong answer to this. Guardians have been using much less hp before this. Guard stacks didn’t always exist, neither did gear such as Sentinel, nor did traits like Force of Will. So you really can’t put an exact number on it. I recommend experimenting and finding what you’re comfortable with.

Also you have to factor in toughness and healing power, when it comes to survivability.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I would say 15k health and 3000 armor unbuffed if you have good condition removal ability would be the baseline. Personally I have about 16.8k/2900 armor (3050 with strength in numbers) before any kind of buffs or food but will adjust as needed. With the poultry soup and guard stacks, I am already over 20k and I can even slap on Force of Will if I really wanted to. However, I generally find armor much more useful and there is really no hurt going to 3200-3300 armor before SiN if you can’t survive. Yes I know toughness doesn’t mitigate conditions, but condis should be cleansed pretty fast by your group, and you should be bringing your own cleanses too. HP is good for withstanding initial bursts, but in long fights, toughness and sometimes healing power is the better option beyond the bursts.

Anyhow, I’m sure people can survive with much flimsier stats than me since I sometimes manage to come out of pushes alive even when I forget I came in with my dungeon armor. I wouldn’t say that’s a good thing though.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Guardian

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

About 20-21k with guard stacks and food. If you’re running the meta double stab AH build (00644) you should have shelter to block attacks and renewed focus as your “oh crap” invul skill. Running around with an energy sigil on each weapon and knowing how to conserve your dodges is a big plus.

If your rank isn’t high enough to max Defense Against Guards I would suggest 00662 with Pure of Voice to make up the difference of not having the extra 100 vitality.

Jade Quarry since Beta

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

My personal opinon:

If you’re running with a zerg, you’ll always want 2.8k armor or higher.
If you have a lot of healing power (800+), then 15k base (base hp plus any vit) should be alright, though you will be somewhat prone to spikes.
18k base is good for lower numbers of healing power
If you’re commanding or otherwise want to be crazy tanky, 3.2k+ armor and 22k base hp will be good. Guard stacks or other things can improve those hp numbers (especially since I have the points in guard stacks, I can always add another 2.5k potential hp)

Those are my general numbers. Don’t ignore the potential you can have with Force of Will and Sentinels or Nomad’s armor. You could have almost 30k hp with Sentinel’s or something stupid like 3.6k armor with 25k hp with Nomad’s. Mess around with a build editor to find some numbers you like.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

About 20-21k with guard stacks and food. If you’re running the meta double stab AH build (00644) you should have shelter to block attacks and renewed focus as your “oh crap” invul skill. Running around with an energy sigil on each weapon and knowing how to conserve your dodges is a big plus.

If your rank isn’t high enough to max Defense Against Guards I would suggest 00662 with Pure of Voice to make up the difference of not having the extra 100 vitality.

Yea, I also endorse double energy sigils! Shelter and Renewed Focus are also great and together they make a big difference.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: FarmingPanda.4359

FarmingPanda.4359

Thanks for the help!

In the end, I went with 16-17k HP, 3k armor, 300 healing power then I stacked zerks and got around 40% crit chance.

Running 0 0 6 6 2 with pure of voice, shout condi clear build. So far satisfied with the damage and the mass amount of condi clears I have.