Reduce cool downs on virtues

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

This isnt feedback on DH exclusively so instead of writing this in the feed back thread i will start a separate one.

I also posted this in the HoTsection. Why not head over there as well and give feedback.

This has been suggested before that the cd on courage and resolve are way to long. These are the unique profession defining mechanics and they should have short cool downs and not cool downs more suitable for elite skills. Class defining mechanics should be used frequently, other wise its the skills with the lowest cd that defines the profession.
In the light of the dragon hunter i think this is even more evident. A gapcloser (very minor heal) with 60s cd and a 3s? deflecting shield on 90s is cd just way to long.
Justice is fine as it is but 25-35s would be more suitable for a gapcloser and maybe 45-55s for the shield.
Instead of adding huge cool downs use casting time and duration to balance skills.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

I hope/assume we’ll see a 15% increase in our Virtue Recharge Rate during the trait base-stat rebalance.

Otherwise having to spec up to grandmaster minor in Virtues just to get 15% improvement will be rather poor.

Ideally I’d like to at least see our current +30% become baseline and then have the ability to spec heavily into virtues to further reduce CD

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

They need to cut the cooldowns of virtues in half and be more in line with Mesmer F-shatters.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

I hope/assume we’ll see a 15% increase in our Virtue Recharge Rate during the trait base-stat rebalance.

Otherwise having to spec up to grandmaster minor in Virtues just to get 15% improvement will be rather poor.

Ideally I’d like to at least see our current +30% become baseline and then have the ability to spec heavily into virtues to further reduce CD

I read that half the stat lost from the traitlines would be given as baseline (15%) and the 15% would be given in the new traitline as a trait.

I think your suggestion that 30% (i would prefer 50%) would be about right for courage and resolve. The class specific mechanic should have big impact/frequent usage with no traiting needed. The extra 15% should only be icing on the cake.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Aye

Additionally if they do away with Virtue Recharge Rate ( which just seems to confuse people ) and just make it a flat cooldown reduction then we’d naturally gain a further 4-5% off current cooldowns.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Should be no more than 30/45/60 base IMO.

in Guardian

Posted by: petespri.6548

petespri.6548

20 / 40 / 60

Virtue passives need better balance with actives. Actually, to make them better than signers,they should retain 50% of their passives effect she on CD, because a signrt as a prof mechanic jst isn’t very strong.

I like what they said during elite spec that passive traits will still be active, but for non elite it just needs more.