Remake the traps to be marks and.....

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

this would add a new playstyle to the Guardian. The back line AOE/support (condi removal/heal) guardian. It would also make us able to control areas in a decent way, something that anet wanted us to do but never delivered upon.

Make all the symbol traits (which is scattered all over the place) to also improve marks and there will be a clear synergy with existing weapons and traits.

Add a small aoe burst heal (1k) to one of the grandmaster traits in DH when placing a mark.

Add a master traits in DH that removes condis when inside a mark. One per tick, three ticks.

Say hello to the Zeal/Honor/DH guardian.
This would make me use DH/LB/Marks in at least wvw.

This requires a minimum of effort and would make a ton of difference.

Its really weird that they scattered the symbol traits the same way they did on the necro marks. I can understand it since a necro can equip tons of marks but a guardian never has access to more than 2 symbols which makes the investment in pure symbol builds just to great. The above would actually address that issue as well.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

I like the idea. But ohhhh noo without traps we have to rename the Elite Sepc because Dragonhunter wouldnt be fitting… well you cant have it all.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

White Knight! Done! :-)

Or make them wells by all means. A well could be used to trap stuff!

Edit: I forgot, an adept trait that places a mark/well when dodging would be nice. Now valor could be excluded and the DH actually add diversity to builds.

Diversity isnt the same as an increased number of choices but an increased number of valid choices.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

wards

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Unfortunately they unstickied DH improvements, so what you see (now) is what you get (in expansion).

“We are in a good spot” hype.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I would rather keep traps than have marks.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Lets make them Signets!!!

YEA!!!

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

I don’t get this “being in a good spot” argument that I hear most of the time, would someone care to explain ?

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I don’t get this “being in a good spot” argument that I hear most of the time, would someone care to explain ?

No problem.

Anet management says we are in a ‘good spot’. Some people think that means something it doesn’t, so they use it mockingly whenever possible. The reality is that Anet means “Guardian profession is where we want it to be in terms of performance”.

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

being in a good spot means, “we will not improve your stuff because you are fine to us” and “maybe we will nerf you anytime soon if we wish to”

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

No problem.

Anet management says we are in a ‘good spot’. Some people think that means something it doesn’t, so they use it mockingly whenever possible. The reality is that Anet means “Guardian profession is where we want it to be in terms of performance”.

Its actually really cool that you so boldly make assumptions regarding what people understand and then use those assumption and try to belittle the individuals you disagree with. A classic ruler technique but retorically poor.

It might be so that people that use this reference use it as an ironic remark to communicate that they dont share Anets opinion but in fact do understand what they ment with that line.

It might also be so that you have no clue what so ever regarding what i mean when i make the reference. This is very likely imo, based on your previous post in this matter.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I guess you missed the key adjective ‘some’ when I made my statement. You’re a smart guy … don’t go there, don’t sink your thread … plenty of people out there will do it for you. You push your idea; you’re likely one of the few around who ‘get it’.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

It was based on a comment Anet made over a year ago, possibly towards 2 years, that keeps getting brought up by people who don’t understand how Anet balances. Now, I’m not saying that’s a bad thing necessarily. Most people don’t really know how Anet goes through with their balancing because they aren’t Anet. However, it’s fairly clear in hindsight who understand better than the rest, or at least who is better at guessing.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Marks would be superior to Traps in every way and would offer us a new unique play-style. Sadly i think the devs are committed to Traps, but we can try and change their minds.

Traps do not work with GW2 combat system, they are an extremely slow game-play style and requires the enemies to be bad for them to be successful.

Marks still offer the strategic placement/trigger that Traps offer, however we swap the invisible nature of Traps for much shorter cooldown, blast radius and condi play that Marks offer.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

Cooldown length, blast radius, and condition application are not aspects of marks. Traps can have all of those things.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

Cooldown length, blast radius, and condition application are not aspects of marks. Traps can have all of those things.

Yea but our traps dont give conditions, at least not dmg ones