Renewed Focus F4 80 sec of CD

in Guardian

Posted by: Frost.1503

Frost.1503

-Power of the Virtuous — Deal extra damage for each boon you have. Virtues recharge faster. You will have access to Renewed Focus in F4 with 80 sec of CD.

-New elite for meditation.

What do you think?

(edited by Frost.1503)

in Guardian

Posted by: x indigo x.6981

x indigo x.6981

i haven’t the slightest what you want them to do with it. Didn’t understand what you’re asking..

Having said that, i have a feel you’re bringing the doom of guardians.. Please don’t … Renewed Focus being a meditation is a good thing. We have VERY LOW vitality. Any healing we can get on a medi build I’LL TAKE IT !

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

nope. /move along

in Guardian

Frost.1503

i haven’t the slightest what you want them to do with it. Didn’t understand what you’re asking..

Having said that, i have a feel you’re bringing the doom of guardians.. Please don’t … Renewed Focus being a meditation is a good thing. We have VERY LOW vitality. Any healing we can get on a medi build I’LL TAKE IT !

Sorry for my English.
Is difficult explain it for me in English.
Just I would like that Renewed Focus have a less CD.
I have with shout a less benefit of use shout and virtue than a meditation and virtue build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Shout/Bunker builds have their purposes. To say that one is better than the other is a bit naive until, of course, the meta says otherwise. They are both two different play styles that are equally viable depending on team comp, imo.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

What is with these people coming in and trying to have the few good changes we’ve received taken away from us?

in Guardian

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I think what they are trying to say is that they want the skill to have the shorter cooldown without having to trait meditations for it.

in Guardian

Frost.1503

I think what they are trying to say is that they want the skill to have the shorter cooldown without having to trait meditations for it.

Exactly!!!!

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

I wish I could have shorter CDs and a condi removal on shout without having to trait for it either but that’s not gonna happen.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

But then meditation builds lose the extra heal and fury. That’s a nerf unless you want to make that baseline too.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I wish to see reduced cd’s on virtues instead. They are too long.

obey me

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

I’d like to see Virtues with lower cooldowns too. More like 17.5s, 35s and 52.5s when traited.

in Guardian

Frost.1503

Renewed Focus in F4 with 72 sec of CD
New elite for meditation

in Guardian

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Renewed Focus in F4 with 72 sec of CD
New elite for meditation

Actually its not a bad idea to make renewed focus in f4 (and when trained in virtues) 72secand and give meditation a new elite instead. Right now renewed focus is mandatory, doesnt matter what you run, you will always pick that one as that skill is too important for guard.

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

renewed focus is way too powerful to be an f4 skill. not even in the realm of possibilities

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Huh, interesting idea…

Having an immunity F4 in ALL builds sounds quiet OP… at first…

But this elite was/is the “go to elite” in most builds so I could understand to making it a baseline Virtue. But the mechanism of the virtues makes some problematic questions:

-what is the passive?
-who is affected when you activate it?
-what boon it gives?

Because 2 sec of party immunity is a big NONO even on 90 sec CD!

But how can you make it work otherwise?

#I no words have"

in Guardian

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

This sounds interesting if you’d remove the invuln and give it another effect aside from the virtue recharge.

As we have it now, we have a offensive, defensive, and supportive virtues. My guess would be making focus passively grant a 15 (25 when traited)% mobility boost and have the active grant swiftness for 15 seconds as well as the virtue recharge.

Thoughts?

in Guardian

Aggrostemma.1703

Ah, no!

If you remove the Invulnerability it’s no longer Renewed Focus, it’s something else…

…I know, it’s main effect is the Virtue Recharge but you won’t make a Virtue Recharge ability a… Virtue

But if every profession is getting a new F ability I would support Renewed Focus’ invulnerability. Because it’s so… umph, Guardian….

#I no words have"

in Guardian

SlayerSixx.5763

Thing is, it would be terribly over powered. Think about being able to take FMW AND RF at the same time without any downside? There needs to be a tradeoff and FMW is fine.

in Guardian

Aggrostemma.1703

Agreed!

RF stays as now and we will see what F4 we going to get if any…

Some mobility/resistance will do!

#I no words have"

in Guardian

SlayerSixx.5763

Perhaps give guard some base CC? Make it passively boost mobility and provide a knockdown on active.

in Guardian

Frost.1503

Power of the Virtuous — Deal extra damage for each boon you have. Virtues recharge faster. You will have access to Renewed Focus in F4 with 80 sec of CD.
Anyway it shouldn’T be a meditation skill!!!

(edited by Frost.1503)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

In the long long list of things I would like them to look at adjusting/redesigning on guardian making renewed focus as F skill is not one of them.

Currently my list is

1: Rework the zeal line so that traits like symbolic power & symbolic exposure are merged into symbolic avenger so that others like kindled wrath and shattered AEGIS are made into minors
(having minors only effect a very small minority of weapons sucks)

2: Redesigning spirit weapons
(lets be honest they suck outside of very very very niche situations, even then there are often better options)

3: Reworking signets and their grandmaster trait
(very few people actually use them, because again they suck)

4: Adjusting/redesigning various weapon skills like sword AA 3, sword number 3, hammer AA 3, Mace number 3, shield 4 & 5, etc..

If they were going to do anything with the virtues they should just make them have a lower CD.
15-20 seconds for VOJ, 30-40 for VOR and 50 for VOC would be fine.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Perhaps give guard some base CC? Make it passively boost mobility and provide a knockdown on active.

That kinda fits into my rework signets and spirit weapons ideas that I have posted before.

As is the guardian has some CC its just either tied to spirit weapons (that die very easily and have bad AI) or to signets that are very telegraphed & long CD.

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

Actually, OP has something here. It does sound pretty strong to have it as your 4th virtue, (depending on the passive or group effect) or maybe as an energy bar like warrior burst skills, on top of our regular virtues? I don’t know but it could be one of the biggest change in guardians history, and you could finally pick any elite, every ware and any ware you want.

That would be the dream.

Even more, imagine our current meditation elite, Renewed Focus becoming something like Rampage but our own transformation, our own flavor. I would support this to make it balanced.

Edit: Actually if you look at it, Mesmer already has up to 3s Distortion on it’s F4. Not the same thing, but pretty close.

(edited by creepmatic.9435)

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

That’s not what the Guardian needs though. I feel Wrath of Justice should be the F4 along with Radiant Fire. This way Burn Guardians don’t have to sacrifice dps for a CC they could use, and other builds don’t have to be forced to use Torch to throw Zealot’s Flame when Radiant Fire procs. This is more QoL than a buff and it needs to happen, imo.

What Guards Really need as a buff? Allow us to teleport anywhere with Merciful Intervention. If no Ally present, reduce the teleport range by half and we receive no base heal effect. If an Ally is present, we receive the base heal effect. This way, Mesmers don’t need much of a nerf and we’ll complain less about Celestial Eles because we’ll Maybe be able to outplay them by not getting kited as bad.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

What Guards Really need as a buff? Allow us to teleport anywhere with Merciful Intervention. If no Ally present, reduce the teleport range by half and we receive no base heal effect. If an Ally is present, we receive the base heal effect. This way, Mesmers don’t need much of a nerf and we’ll complain less about Celestial Eles because we’ll Maybe be able to outplay them by not getting kited as bad.

Sounds clunky, besides the point of MI, and rather similar to Wings of Resolve.

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

That’s not what the Guardian needs though. I feel Wrath of Justice should be the F4 along with Radiant Fire. This way Burn Guardians don’t have to sacrifice dps for a CC they could use, and other builds don’t have to be forced to use Torch to throw Zealot’s Flame when Radiant Fire procs. This is more QoL than a buff and it needs to happen, imo.

Right… So you want to render our torch as an offhand weapon useless, and combine it with a DPS shout… all in one. :/
So you basically want to throw Zealot’s Fire with any weapon equipped.

So mesmers only needs a nerf because our lack of teleports, NOT because it is strong in general compared to most profession? And us, teleporting any ware we want will solve our sustain issues against ele’s.

You made too much sense for me.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

So mesmers only needs a nerf because our lack of teleports, NOT because it is strong in general compared to most profession?

Of course mesmers are over powered. I said “not much of a nerf”. I didn’t say, “don’t nerf them at all”.

And us, teleporting any ware we want will solve our sustain issues against ele’s.

That’s exactly what i’m saying. I lose to them because they peel away and regen up. What’s your reason?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Reminds me of Mesmer F4. I can’t say it’s a bad idea. Maybe create a new elite meditation with a lower cooldown that can proc Monk’s Focus more frequently.