Renewed Focus Suggestion

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

On skill activation, cause Renewed Focus to apply resistance for 3 seconds. I think this would help a lot… Dying while “invulnerable” is annoying as eff

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Imo it would be much better to add 5 sec resistance (team wide) to feel my wrath.

And/or adding 3s resistance (and a reduction to the cool down) to the guardian to SyS which would make that skill usable.

Renewed focus is the best/most commonly used elite we have so making it stronger would just reduce the build diversity even further.

Tbh i dont understand that we even consider suggesting changes to meta skills when its the trash we need fixed. Shouts, signets, sw and consecrations need a remake and they need it badly.

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

Imo it would be much better to add 5 sec resistance (team wide) to feel my wrath.

And/or adding 3s resistance (and a reduction to the cool down) to the guardian to SyS which would make that skill usable.

Renewed focus is the best/most commonly used elite we have so making it stronger would just reduce the build diversity even further.

Tbh i dont understand that we even consider suggesting changes to meta skills when its the trash we need fixed. Shouts, signets, sw and consecrations need a remake and they need it badly.

Honestly, over 4 years of seeing what AN makes attempts to change, I strongly doubt that they are going to fix the trashy skills anytime soon. They seem to focus on what’s good or people communicate they like or dislike.

Shouts, consecrations and even spirit weapons could become “meta” with changes. I think the biggest downside to anything that’s not a trap or meditation in PvP, right now, is that they either have a long cast time or CD, are niche and not flexible in their utility, lack healing or condition removal, or don’t have synergy with the traits or builds we have to rely on.

I know that was a mouthful, and I think you have a point, but I don’t see AN focusing on anything outside of traps or meditations anytime soon.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

LOL guard has spirit weapons? Dank I forgot about that. jk

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

RF is fine if you have contemplation of purity. It’s Save Yourselfs that needs the resistance boon.

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I don’t see why the best elite on guardians by far deserves to be buffed at all.

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

It may be the best elite we have, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t deserve new functionality. Times change, so we should evolve with time, rather than remain stagnant and then later wonder why we’re behind the times… Gotta stay thinking ahead

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

Kuya.6495

I’d rather see a signet of courage rework.

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Yeah, they should call it “Tome of Courage”. :p

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If you’re being killed by conditions maybe you need to carry more/better cleanses and not to try and buff the elite that already makes the rest of the Guard’s choices largely obsolete.

If you’d suggested putting resistance or a cleanse on one of their OTHER elites, there might be something to discuss.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

Yeah, they should call it “Tome of Courage”. :p

“Alas, my guard, you do me wrong/ to cast me off discourteously” -Tome of Courage, 2012-2015; xxxx-?

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

“Nay, NAY! Dear sheaf of pages/ We miss you dearly so.”

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

The main reason no one uses any of the other elites in PvP is because they are not good. Renewed Focus shouldn’t stay stagnant because other elites aren’t used. The other elites should receive changes of their own, but that doesn’t mean ideas to change Renewed Focus are unwarranted… That’s not how that works.

Conditions get overwhelming sometimes, it happens, but adding resistance to Renewed Focus would be a great small change to an already good elite. Keeping Renewed Focus the same won’t make the devs inspired to change other elites… We’ll make our skills age very poorly if the good ones don’t get updates too

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

You gonna make sure the new version won’t have a headphone jack right?

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

RF is fine if you have contemplation of purity. It’s Save Yourselfs that needs the resistance boon.

SY! needs resistance (at least for WvW) so much it isn’t funny , or at the very least personal stability

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

Renewed Focus Suggestion

in Guardian

Kuya.6495

You gonna make sure the new version won’t have a headphone jack right?

In all seriousness, i would like them to make it a pulsed heal and just lower the cd on it. Maybe 5 pulses, and each one heals for 20% of the allies max hp. Maybe a cd of 90 seconds?

Problem with it right now, aside from its cd, is that if it gets interrupted, you basically get nothing from it and it goes back to a ridiculously long cd. If you spread out the heal during the channel, at least if you get interrupted at some point, you’ll at least get some healing some.