Renewed focus. WTH?

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kubi.2316

Kubi.2316

Why do I keep dying while casting this elite skill… the tooltip says…" makes you invulnerable for 3 seconds"

I don’t understand… Invulnerable means that I will not take any damage… yet I keep
taking damage while I’m sitting there casting a 3 second spell.

Really annoying.

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Lag. Spells are stupidly short in this game, and it’s all twitch so you’re going to get mysterious lag-death a lot.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: Auruan.2837

Auruan.2837

The elite’s invulnerability doesn’t cover any condition damage done to you whilst it’s casting. That’s to say, if you have poison, bleeds or burn on you, it’s still going to count that damage. And that hurts. A lot.

The only way to “properly” use this skill is to time it right, and be prepared to cancel the cast if it seems to go awry. It’s mainly useful to reset your virtues with, Courage in particular.

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: Polle.6908

Polle.6908

Immunity skills in GW2 don’t cover conditions that already have been applied. To get the max out of RF, combine it with a meditation build with points in virtues and don’t treat it as an emergency button. If you notice someone trying to burst you down by unloading everything at once, pop your virtues and use RF. Be liberal with it and don’t be afraid to use it in a middle of a fight, rather than later.

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: Velkyn.9285

Velkyn.9285

It’d be elite if it also cleared all conditions and did a full heal. I use RF, but it seems pretty kitten to me. Granted, it seems like all the elite skills are kitten for all professions.

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

I’m not liking the Elite skills. Much. It seems like there’s
nothing to chose if you’re defensive/supportive minded.
Only the 2nd tier Elite skills have a good skill for that.

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ascleph.2147

Ascleph.2147

Eh…. the support book is kind of good for you know, supporting.

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: Velkyn.9285

Velkyn.9285

I like how words that aren’t offensive (or at least not very offensive), get turned into kitten. It’s not like I was saying the elite skills were totally kittening pieces of kitten. But it sure looks that way, given how zealous the filter system is on these boards.

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: GrayGhost.6857

GrayGhost.6857

I have yet come across an Elite skill that has felt even remotely elite. It’s like having a bad 4th utility skill. It doesn’t do much and it takes forever to be able to reuse it lol. I’m only using RF for my virtues, even then it’s usefulness is low. I’d rather have that extra utility slot if this is the best they can do for “Elite” skills. Hounds of Balthazar… lol!

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: Mattius.2549

Mattius.2549

The virtues are really powerful, especially if you have traits to improve them. I think RF is hugely underestimated but also extremely situational.

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: ImariKurumi.5761

ImariKurumi.5761

RF is the best Elite Skill imo. Conditions vulnerability thingy is more of a balancing mechanic from what i see. I would much want to see RF made mobile…

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

@ Polle.6908

Thing is, it IS an emergency button, and does a flawless job at that.
I’ve managed to escape through a storming zerg that destroyed a gate the other day thanks to this skill.

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Would have been nice if Renewed Focus would also remove all current conditions on you when activated though…

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: zuleo.7863

zuleo.7863

Tip: remove conditions before casting Renewed Focus.

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: Drauger.2158

Drauger.2158

norn guardian? you are elite-less mate, get used to it.

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: avalon.4102

avalon.4102

There’s one more thing you guys never mentionned, and which makes this elite really BAD, and unreliable in a burst situation.
The thing is, this skill isn’t even instantly activated. I mean, when you press the skill, you’ll get invulnerable for 3seconds AFTER a 1/4s DELAY PLUS YOUR LAG.
So it’s not even good as an emergency button it’s ridiculous

Renewed focus. WTH?

in Guardian

Posted by: Corelion.7460

Corelion.7460

the skill its decent, its just for 10 SP…. but pretty sure it could use some tweaks. i will prefer roll dosent cancel the effect, because some times cause of lag, i roll 0,0001 secs too early and i dont recover my virtues (yeah, i sometimes panic cause if if need to RF when you are at 10% hp you want to roll ASAP).

it could use a small heal or a condition removal and the mentioned no-cancel