Replace aegies with barrier

in Guardian

Posted by: Adrenalin.5719

Adrenalin.5719

Aegis is a broken mechanic to the core. Imagine if you dodge you only avoid the very first attack coming at you but not all attacks for the whole dodge duration. That’s how terrible aegis is and it has become worse and worse with enemies doing overblown powercreep multihit attacks.

Just replace it with barrier. Much more predictable for both opponent and user, just more healthy to the game in general.

Or fix aegies to block for 0.5 seconds after activation.

fanboy | A passionate fan of elements of geek culture, letting his passion override social graces
and common sense.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I wouldn’t say replace aegis, but giving guardian access to giving barriers would be nice.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Or they can just give pure of heart a barrier instead of a heal, so that way if it blocks at full health it still does something.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Assic.2746

Assic.2746

I would rather prefer them to rework some Aegis related traits.

For example:
Instead of getting Retal on Aegis proc…
Gain 250 barier on each Aegis proc. Including Aegis you grant to your allies.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Ill rather see instead of stupid 88 regen per sec we get 100 barrier which can stack to 3000. Or insted of retalation we get barrier. But i dont think we will get anything cause you know guardian is in a good spot.

in Guardian

Posted by: Assic.2746

Assic.2746

Except the fact that Spirit Weapons are to most useless skill type in the game and a ton of traits that grant Retaliation on proc and nothing more. Other than that guard is in a good spot.

PS. I bet if they released the data on the most and least popular skill types Spirit Weapons would be closing that list.

(edited by Assic.2746)

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Lol, they are not going to give barrier to guardian until next expansion. But we will know in 2 days, though, so if I’m wrong, feel free to rub it in my face.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Lol, they are not going to give barrier to guardian until next expansion. But we will know in 2 days, though, so if I’m wrong, feel free to rub it in my face.

What’s happening in two days? There’s probably a balance update but I doubt that’s changing much (although I’m hoping it does).

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

What’s happening in two days? There’s probably a balance update but I doubt that’s changing much (although I’m hoping it does).

They are changing core traitlines.

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

Sounds mildly promising. Source?

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

Woodenpotatoes made a video about barrier and said they are giving barrier to core ele (Earth traitline). The changes were in the server they tested the expansion on, and he also saw necro and Reaper changes.

Also, preview of warrior changes on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6ruxy8/upcoming_warrior_strength_trait_changes_ripped/

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

Woodenpotatoes made a video about barrier and said they are giving barrier to core ele (Earth traitline). The changes were in the server they tested the expansion on, and he also saw necro and Reaper changes.

Also, preview of warrior changes on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6ruxy8/upcoming_warrior_strength_trait_changes_ripped/

I’m not holding my breath for anything substantial, but I suppose it’ll be interesting to see what they do.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

yea ele gets everything good…anets babies.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

They could just make Aegis make you invul for 0.25 or 0.5 sec that would be nice.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Now that we have something like Barrier, it would be great to replace every single unreliable Aegis source with Barrier and modify traits as needed.
Instant Aegis casts, those which can actually be used to block somenthing specific, could remain as Aegis.

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Replacing the unreliable aegis effects from traits etc. with barrier would certainly be interesting. For the other aegis casts, I’d love to see them streamlined with distortion. We have too many similar damage negation effects in this game and the whole principle behind aegis is outdated.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

They will leave distortion unnerfed, and make new raid nuke mechanics work with % HP (like 100-110% HP nukes), so that Scourge can use barrier similarly to distort.

Aegis will stay as is, if the new firebrand heal wasn’t hint enough.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)