Requesting advice on high FoTM Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Kazin.2073

Kazin.2073

Howdy,

I main warrior and have a few questions are viable guardian builds specifically for high level fractals.

From what I know, this is what guardians bring to the table: (If I’m missing anything please let me know, its what im here for)

Greatsword 5 – AoE pulls
Staff 5 – Wall for better control of packs on monsters
Wall of reflection
Sheild of the avenger
Ageis for party members
Full heal on tomb of courage

Areas that the guardian is weak in:
Ranged dps
Melee dps
AoE dps

With this in mind, I put together a build for guardians without knowing too much about the class.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUQQNAreRlYg6CnDSKEm4ES2DWCBFpqC7D2DOC+2IA;TIAg0CnA

(As always copy the link in dont click it)

10/0/0/30/30 – Zerker armor – GS/Secpt+Sheild

Main ideas behind the build:

Vit/Toughness loses almost all value at higher fractals for all classes, so might as well go maximum damage. Would something like full clerics be stronger? Is guardian ranged dps still useless with even full zerker?
Guardian’s strongest utility is their reflects so uptime on said reflects is maximized.
In high level fractals all classes must range the majority of the time, so investing into dps traits to improve a weapon of low dps (scepter) would not be worth while.

Main traits I’m very unsure on:
Might for party just looked useful
The two traits invested into the AoE regen from the virtue also looked useful, not 100% sure if they are the best use of points

Obviously this build can be improved upon, please tell me how.

Thanks

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Drop zeal cause it’s worthless. Invest in Valor for AH for a 0/0/30/30/10 build.

AH + EM = great survivability

All you need is 10 in Virtues for 20%+ consecration/sprit weapon lasting time which is what maximizes your reflects, you don’t really need 30 in virtues

GS/scepter+shield like you said

This can get you to lvl38 at least from my experience without dying (except at maw due to agony)

And yes, zerk equipment

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in Guardian

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

notice that your skills are support and yet you wear zerkers? it’s like wearing MF or it’s like a confused guardian.

If you want to support, use clerics. yes, your team mates could use that clutch regen from you.

but if you want to be a paladin/dmg guard, zerkers.

i don’t believe BS like not dying from using zerkers armor.

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

notice that your skills are support and yet you wear zerkers? it’s like wearing MF or it’s like a confused guardian.

If you want to support, use clerics. yes, your team mates could use that clutch regen from you.

but if you want to be a paladin/dmg guard, zerkers.

i don’t believe BS like not dying from using zerkers armor.

Alright, I may have exaggerated not ever dying, but that’s a technical call in that I don’t die easier than any other person I’ve been with up to lvl38, which is what I’m trying to explain to the OP. It is possible to do a great job and survive without dragging the team down. And no, I don’t rely on my teammates to protect me. Don’t be so negative alcopaul, I know what I’m doing.

Also, although his skill set choice is based on support, doesn’t mean he should go cleric. Healing isn’t gonna do anything for wall of ref, sheild of avenger, and retreat….However zerker can give him extra damage from afar. The amount of healing power cleric provides is not a major game changer.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

(edited by ArcTheFallen.7682)