"Retreat" bugged?

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: Casual.2634

Casual.2634

I use “Retreat” as a run skill for getting past mobs but, with auto targeting on, using the skill will cause me to attack the nearest enemy! I don’t know if this is intended since the skill is a defensive one, and other Guardian shouts do not do this, but it is very very annoying. Anyone else having this issue?

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Never happened to me with Retreat.

Similar thing happened to me using a staff and Symbol of Swiftness though. Everytime I use Symbol of Swiftness and that I previously had an enemy target, I’d be auto’ing toward the target.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: jazzberryjam.4360

jazzberryjam.4360

could be the dmg portion of the staff buff, but i’ve never had a problem with either tbh

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Yes, this has happened to me. Though I only have it equipped underwater, so I was using either a spear or a trident at the time.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

I’ve never seen it enable auto attack, but I did notice that if it is activated near a neutral mob, the mob will go hostile and attack (though no damage was done to the mob). It makes me wonder if other skills that do not cause damage might also do the same. Perhaps the mobs see the activation of an ability as an act of aggression which makes them go hostile. If so, chill out, Mr. crab. I’m not really retreating from you, I just like to move around the world faster.

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: prophet.3461

prophet.3461

Same with me…

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lazuul.7350

Lazuul.7350

I think this is just a side effect. Whenever I use “Retreat!” or Symbol of Swiftness it puts me into combat for a split second. The auto attack is being caused by that split second in combat. Personally, I just tell my character to put the weapon away as soon as I use the skill.

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

Never happened to me either… and I use retreat all the time, sometimes just to get the extra aegis.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: dardor.9508

dardor.9508

Using any shout will put you into combat mode for a short time, and if you have auto attack set up it will target the nearest mob…same thing happens to me a lot when I “Save Yourselves” past a group of mobs.

Game day is 12:00 AM GMT to 11:59 PM GMT. Nothing resets in between those times!

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

happens all the time to me, if I’m using trident or staff. I don’t use scepter, but I imagine it would happen with that too. Never see it with any melee weapons.

I have auto target if nothing selected (mostly because I use a controller set up). Its not that big a deal. I just off the mob and move on.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: Leaum.4753

Leaum.4753

you shout near the mobs, obviously they will be angered

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Ok well, been using SYS today and it was horrible when I was using it just for the swiftness. Pretty much the problem that Casual had with Retreat, except my Retreat is fine, only happens with SYS. o_0

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: Diem.4976

Diem.4976

According to my friends it is a common bug, happens for every profession. When you activate a speed buff – you’re starting to attack (or trying at least) a nearest target and entering the combat (which lowers your running speed also).

Easy to reproduce. Equip a ranged weapon (scepter in this case), stand near the mob, press Retreat!

Some might be not noticing it because they have melee weapons equipped and using a speed buff will only put them into the combat.

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: Micky.3782

Micky.3782

Happen to me as well.

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kog.6710

Kog.6710

yep, its just worse for range weps

"Retreat" bugged?

in Guardian

Posted by: GreyMouser.1235

GreyMouser.1235

This is still happening. Needs to be addressed. I’m tired of using my speedbuff and having my scepter attack aggro a mob near me.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend