in Guardian

Posted by: EmoxiHaX.1726

EmoxiHaX.1726

/discuss ~

Retreat should be on a 45 second cool down

in Guardian

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

It certainly doesn’t do much besides granting long-time swiftness. I mostly use it while moving in a group or to speed up dolyaks.

My Retreat currently grants 36 secs of swiftness. If Retreat would be on 45 secs cooldown that would mean 36 secs cd if traited and permanent swiftness using one skill (+ one trait and your whole equipment, traits and bufffood dedicated to boon duration). However, Engineers are able to gain perma-swiftness using a single trait, a kit and no boon duration at all if i remember correctly.

I would certainly welcome this change.

in Guardian

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

I only have it on my skillbar when I have the trait giving it a recharge of 48 secs. It’s very useful for…retreating (since if you run away, the aegis can prevent a cc).

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

We already have some sorta of teleport and with perma swiftiness, i believe we would be really fast to reach our target, dont know how much this would be killing w/o effort.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

I would agree Retreat should be on a 45 second cooldown. Currently I believe every other class has some sort of either traited or signet speed increase, yet we have to rely on staff/retreat to move across maps in WvW, otherwise we are sitting ducks to zergs going from one point to another.

We should have at least a 10% run speed increase added to one of out minor traits.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Guardian

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

I would agree Retreat should be on a 45 second cooldown. Currently I believe every other class has some sort of either traited or signet speed increase, yet we have to rely on staff/retreat to move across maps in WvW, otherwise we are sitting ducks to zergs going from one point to another.

We should have at least a 10% run speed increase added to one of out minor traits.

And then we have to make sure to use the symbol of swiftness first so we get at least 30 seconds and not 4 seconds because of some stupid bug that hasn’t been fixed since bwe1

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It’s already at 48 when traited. If I need swiftness, I just bust out the staff.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

I think 50s would be good, so when traited goes to 40s. If it was 45s would go to 36s cd when traited, and thats to short cd for an aoe aegis.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Remember if you just want swiftness for keeping up with a roving group, then you can buy the engineer’s medipack consumable from a karma vendor for a very small price. ( means you can keep throwing speed tonics down indefinitely, although uptime isn’t 100% )

I tend to keep a stack handy, as it saves me from having to re-arrange my skills or weapons, especially if we land into an unexpected battle.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

It’s on a 48s cooldown w/ shout trait.

It blocks an attack for everyone in the group.

It can be traited to Heal.

If you’re running a Shout Build, you’re probably traited for Boon Duration, if you take that into consideration, the uptime on Switness is something silly like 31.5s

The problem is, most people don’t use it in a build because they don’t want to spec for it healing. It’s a rather nice heal too.. 750 if I remember. Then consider how many times you can apply Aegis in a minute.

It’s not ~great~ but it’s not horrible either.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

I would love to see a 45 second retreat. If you devote your runes and build to boon duration, then I see no problem with achieving perma-swiftness. I’ve found myself using “Save Yourselves” just for the speed boost to cover the gaps in duration.

I hate using the staff for swiftness for a couple of reasons. First, if an enemy touches the symbol, you are put into combat and your speed is slowed drastically. If you’re running persistent or larger symbols this happens even more frequently. Second, I find the staff all but worthless for my play style. There is no mitigation or CC beyond staff 5. I’d much rather have a scepter and focus for my secondary weapons. At least that way I can hit peeps on walls and chain of light retreating foes.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

It’s on a 48s cooldown w/ shout trait.

It blocks an attack for everyone in the group.

It can be traited to Heal.

If you’re running a Shout Build, you’re probably traited for Boon Duration, if you take that into consideration, the uptime on Switness is something silly like 31.5s

The problem is, most people don’t use it in a build because they don’t want to spec for it healing. It’s a rather nice heal too.. 750 if I remember. Then consider how many times you can apply Aegis in a minute.

It’s not ~great~ but it’s not horrible either.

What trait are you referring to? The one that heals when Aegis gets removed?