Revenant- The Anti Guard

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

So I’m hoping you all saw the livestream featuring the Shiro moveset for revenant. Lets go over some basic points

-High mobility

-Life leech instead of heal

-Lots of unblockable attacks

-Blocks on their Offhand -sword-

Yeah its like they are our evil nemesis from a twisted alternate dimension. Also can we trade our shield for that sword?

Also, What do you think the best way to fight these guys is gonna be because I forsee HORDES of them in pvp

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Poor condition cleanse. Burn them. They also have lower sustain compared to medi so outlasting them shouldnt be an issue.

obey me

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

1 week that is all i give the guardian after HOT and revenant will be launched till they go extinct in pvp/e and wvw becoming only a lost, dead underdog profession

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Templar.3418

Templar.3418

Our power as Guardians comes from our faith, conviction and desire to protect others.

Also whatever training we have received.

The revenant needs to steal their power from the ones who came before them who were actually powerful. kitten leeches.

Our power comes from within.

We already one up them.

Nah seriously though f em, we’ll adapt and overcome.

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

your current average medi guard can and will BBQ a Revenant

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

your current average medi guard can and will BBQ a Revenant

This is true.

Guardians have too many defensive cooldowns. Revenants currently, do not have as many BUT with the ability to generate resistance, it’s possible that a Revenant could outlast a condi guard. It really depends.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

1 week that is all i give the guardian after HOT and revenant will be launched till they go extinct in pvp/e and wvw becoming only a lost, dead underdog profession

Nah, with weapon swap they’ve been given a new lease on life. Shiro + Swords + Staff + Ventari is going to be hard to beat.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

So I’m hoping you all saw the livestream featuring the Shiro moveset for revenant. Lets go over some basic points

-High mobility

Yeah its like they are our evil nemesis from a twisted alternate dimension. Also can we trade our shield for that sword?

Also, What do you think the best way to fight these guys is gonna be because I forsee HORDES of them in pvp

Seems like a poor’s man Warrior if you ask me: a lot less options.

I highly doubt about their popularity: only found a single Revenant in PvP along the beta. Hell, is not supposed that condi Guardians are OP? I’m just doing fine playing zerk.

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: RJMazz.6798

RJMazz.6798

Against Shiro? It’s an extremely multi-hitting class, so the answer is obviously RETALIATION.

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

-High mobility

I highly doubt about their popularity: only found a single Revenant in PvP along the beta. Hell, is not supposed that condi Guardians are OP? I’m just doing fine playing zerk.

Warriors think Guardians are a poor mans Warrior :/

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

-High mobility

Warriors think Guardians are a poor mans Warrior :/

They’re Warriors.. they think everyone is a poorman’s warrior lol.

I honestly see nothing but flashy SFX on the Revenant tbh. Their self Resistamce applications means they’re not going to have much condi cleanses, if any at all! That also means they hate teaming up with shout guards or Ele’s, assuming he likes to eat conditions like a crack head.

I honestly have no idea how they’ll perform, but they’ll be cool to look at.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Quick, someone make a "Y’all got any more condis” meme and Photoshop mallyx’s head onto it.

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

There are so many unblockable skills around the game that block is becoming useless. What is the point of block if almost everyone can get through it with unblockable skills. If they want to reduce the effectiveness of block, they should just reduce the sources of blocks and stop throwing infinite unblockable skills.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

If revenants play zerk they are toast against the medi guard. There’s a reason why they call it the anti-zerk. If they can ignore block we still have blind&invuln. Staff may not end up a useless stick like on beta but ventari needs to be remade to not suck because the tablet is a hindrance in fast paced pvp.

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Once I heard “If your attack is blocked the next one is unblockable” I was a bit meh.

I was under the impression that one of the reasons we have low hp is because we have so many blocks.

Does this mean we are going to get some more HP for fair game? Ohhh living the dream. xD

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

No, that just means guard has to camp long range with his bow.

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

There are so many unblockable skills around the game that block is becoming useless. What is the point of block if almost everyone can get through it with unblockable skills. If they want to reduce the effectiveness of block, they should just reduce the sources of blocks and stop throwing infinite unblockable skills.

They want to reduce blocks because of things like Aegis and Shield of Wrath that let you fight while being protected. Those need to be counterplayed because you can use it offensively.

The problem is that you also have skills like Shelter and a bunch of warrior skills like Shield Stance, Riposte or Counterblow that block but don’t let you fight while blocking so those are more reactionary skills that you can’t really use them offensively. Those skills should NOT be counterplayed; they ARE the counterplay. Those blocking skills should not be so easily bypassed.

What I think Arenanet needs to do is to change Aegis to be a stackable effect where 1 stack = 1 block. Then, change Shield of Wrath to add 4 stacks of Aegis. (And do the same for all other skills in the game that let you fight while blocking.) Then change Signet of Might, those Shiro skills and traits, and all other skills that don’t really have any business being unblockable to just ignore Aegis instead.

That change would make it so that blocking skills that can be used offensively can be properly defeated by unblockable skills because they all use Aegis, while other blocking skills that are used reactively can continue blocking.

I realize that wouldn’t be much of a buff to Guardians as it would to Warriors because Guardian blocks are mostly based on Aegis, but it would make Shelter more reliable in a game that keeps throwing unblockable skills everywhere.

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

guess how thieves must feel, he’ll be like an assassin with heavy armor xD
I can see the OP rage coming ^^

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Against Shiro? It’s an extremely multi-hitting class, so the answer is obviously RETALIATION.

QFT

Reves will selfrek themsevles with that Sword 1.

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Assic.2746

Assic.2746

Don’t forget that Shiro’s abilities cost tons of energy. It’s impossible to maintain so high DPS for a long time. Shiro Legend doesn’t have any condi cleanses and stability. With Dragonhunter spec it will be harder for him to stay close, because of random knockbacks.

And about those two unblockable attack after block… it will most probably proc on Aegis not on Shelter. You can’t really predict when Guardian’s Aegis will pop up.

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Revenant has no way to outdamage a Guardian atm, even with Shiro.
Plus I’m pretty sure that Guardian has still more mobility in combat.

And yeah, Revenants die pretty easily. Only 1 condi cleanse with 30s cooldown.

Fun fact. Mallyx legend is pretty much destroyed by conditions.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-Changes/first just gonna leave this here. there seem to be alot of myths about Revenants dmg and traits. FYI since we are still beta and likely no where near release this is subject to dramatic change in the near future.

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

Revenant has no way to outdamage a Guardian atm, even with Shiro.
Plus I’m pretty sure that Guardian has still more mobility in combat.

And yeah, Revenants die pretty easily. Only 1 condi cleanse with 30s cooldown.

Fun fact. Mallyx legend is pretty much destroyed by conditions.

Wow. You mean there will finally be a profession that has less mobility than a Guardian? So, it will be Guardians > Revenants > Trees?

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Bacon.1835

Bacon.1835

Wow. You mean there will finally be a profession that has less mobility than a Guardian? So, it will be Guardians > Revenants > Trees?

Guardian already has plenty of access to swiftness and shadowsteps. Necro factually has the least mobility of all professions.

Revenant- The Anti Guard

in Guardian

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Guardian already has plenty of access to swiftness and shadowsteps. Necro factually has the least mobility of all professions.

Correct me if I’m wrong but when HoT hits… wont Guard be the only one without a way to put up +25% run speed without using a rune? (I don’t include Rev because we don’t know if Glint will give them a run speed passive or not).