RoW not working with blast finisher

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

As the title says, ring of warding is currently not working with Hammer #2 to create a combo. However, casting it, switching to GS, and using leap creates light aura as expected. The blast from hammer 2 works on other fields though, as i can generate a combo from symbols, and also from purging flames. Anyone else having this random issue?

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

blast does not bring an aura, only aoe retialation

in Guardian

Bash.7291

…. I know that, What im saying is that it doesnt combo at all… I was only using the leap as an example that the field isnt fully broken.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

Its not fully broken, its just because the Light Field effect did not last as long as the ring. I tried it before, if im not mistaken it only last for the first 1 second i think.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in Guardian

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

A 1 second light field sounds pretty broken to me. Just saying…

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Having the same issue as the OP. Getting no retaliation when I blast it.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

Its not fully broken, its just because the Light Field effect did not last as long as the ring. I tried it before, if im not mistaken it only last for the first 1 second i think.

If this is the problem you can not generate Light Aura too… i think the problem is on the blast + LIGHT FIELD… i think arenanet broke something adding the new combo…

in Guardian

Bash.7291

Its not just blast + lightfield though, because it works fight if i put GS symbol down and blast it, gives aoe retal like normal, its only with RoW, and only with blast finisher with it. I also tested with focus #5 and it doesnt work correctly, I think RoW is just coded to not except blast finishers.

Ok I take that back, now I currently can’t get any finisher to work with RoW at all, including leap finishers that worked previously

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

This seems to be a Z-clipping issue with RoW.

If I cast on a complete flat surface I get no combo proc’s from blast finishers. However on uneven terrain I always get procs. ( tested in the mists )

Definitely a bug

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING