Roaming DPS build for WvW?

in Guardian

Posted by: zach.1952

zach.1952

Hey guys, I just leveled my guardian to 80 and I am looking for a direction in which to gear and trait for solid WvW solo roaming.

Most builds I’ve found thus far (that have been updated) focus on healing and do very little damage, which can be good for group playing but definitely not for solo play.

I’m looking for a DPS oriented (with some healing, so not entirely glass cannon) WvW roaming build that’s strong enough to take down enemies and not be melted by 1-2 extra players.

I’m open to all suggestions!

Level 80: ElementalistWarriorThiefGuardianMesmer
Jade Quarry – NA

(edited by zach.1952)

in Guardian

Posted by: HatSimulator.9362

HatSimulator.9362

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJARSlYgqCnFyvDf4ERVh4h9AjZsjXPcIFZIA-jEzAocI0FA9BiKAkzFGTgKqlNioxGOqSHWvgpOHiqHvIa1CBobMA-w

Commando guardian! go for it. Sentinel can be switched for soldier or zerk if you want to be more squishy. I’d recommend soldier

Gates of Madness [DUI]
Main Warrior | Every other class at 80
I only play WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

Something like this ?

or maybe more like this ?

These are the only ones i have on video. There is a guide for the second one on the description. If you’re interested on the first one though, feel free to whisper/mail me ingame

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

(edited by Sorem.9157)

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

These are the stunning styles videos. Pretty well done, he also has several pvp videos in there with some of the wvw. There are a wide variety of roaming videos, but you should understand something going in. Guardians are not good at this type of play. They will quite literally lose to almost every other profession there there. The reason for that is that currently Guardians can’t stand up to the meta.

If Guardian is just something you love, that’s why most of us play them, then you should take at least a month at 80 and learn the profession in every way. You will have to use more work to get less return as a guardian. That’s just how things are. Your stat allocations make no sense when comparing them to how easily the meta is achieved. I’m only telling you this as a warning. If you still want to play Guardian great. It’s an awesome profession once you learn how. I love teleporting in kind of like a heavily armored, but less damaging, thief.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Hey guys, I just leveled my guardian to 80 and I am looking for a direction in which to gear and trait for solid WvW solo roaming.

I’d not go head long into the DPS route until you try one of the more “safer” or “comfortable” builds. Work on building a couple sets of armor and weapons so you can swap back and forth while you find that comfort level. Otherwise, you may just get frustrated and park the Guardian for something else.

I have three sets of armor and weapons that let me pick and choose what I want and when. I usually fall back to support / healing but there are days that I want to go DPS only. However, it really depends on who I’m playing with and who we are facing. Some server match ups require nothing but healing and support. Then there are some days or match ups that I can pick what I want and not be too much of a liability.

DPS guardians are fun but there is little room for error. I think there are those on this forum who post regularly can do it. However, new, starting, or average player then I’d honestly recommend easing into the builds. The Guardian is rather well balanced and with conditions being silly stupid and torment, DPS should be your second choice

I also forgot to say the poster above said it well. I’ll also add that some of the more active forum posts have multiple guardians. I am actually working on a second and a warrior…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Shadow.9641

Shadow.9641

I´m runnin this build quite a few days and its pretty good in roaming and zerging (in zerging keep an eye on the awfull red circles on the ground and keep stability always on cd)
It works very good and is quite amazing if you have played healway, supporter and tank since beta), imo not for solo-roaming but in groups it works awesome

exotic version

ascended version

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|b.1g.h2.f.1g.h19|1.1g.h19|1n.74.1p.74.1n.74.1p.74.1n.74.1p.a1|4v.0.2v.0.3t.0.1p.61.1p.61.1c.61|0.u47b.a4.u29b.0|2e.1|w.18.19.17.1i|e

Insert 250 power and 80 toughness into the manual field for bloodlust stacks, and strength in numbers fix (since the calc is somewhat out of date)

This is the build I have been running lately for roaming, it has decent condition removal (1 every 10 sec on crit, and 2 every shout use.) but can also be customized to have more with soldier/hoelbrak/melandru runes, and also condition duration reduction food. Armor and health are also decent enough as well. The build is somewhat low in self healing compared to most meditation builds/healway, however the damage output i find is pretty high, and most of the times shelter/virtue use should be plenty enough.

Scepter is almost required to roam with this build, as I find it is really one of the only effective ways to deal with kiting classes like eles/engineers. Torch is great to keep burning up, and torch throw is also amazing single target damage. torch #5 should only be used if you are facing multiple enemies, or against anything stealth.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]