Roaming build (idea)

Roaming build (idea)

in Guardian

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

Hello there fellow guardians.

I’ve been messing about on the build creator a lot lately trying to create a build with strong sustain while remaining close to zerker damage for roaming, and this is what I’ve come up with.

I do have a few querys about this build witch hopefully someone with more experience can help me with. So here’s the link to the build

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-7;4NFF30I3wF-90;9;6TJJ;409B07-38-SJF64;1F18ZF18Zo-FW0-gY10;0Vn-u0xX0374Da6o0SN-5-Agk1Ag71;9;9;9;9;9;2V9k3V

My quick breakdown of the traits:
Valor line:
So quite clearly it’s a variation of a meditation build, So we have the usual traits in the Valor line witch synergies well with each other.

Honor line:
We put 4 points into Honor And pick up wrathful spirit and Empowering might.

Wrathful spirit is personal preference here due to the fact I like to have retaliation in outnumbered fights and we can proc ageis quite often, when I’m running with a group I will switch this out for Resolute healer.

due to the high crit chance of this build empowering might allows us to stack a nice amount of might witch also stacks on top of are sigils of battle, allowing Us to stack 10might in are intial opening burst.

The extra 200 vitality and healing power from the Honor line also gives us great sustain,
Add that on top of the Vigor we will gain every 10seconds thanks to vigorous precision allowing us to dodge even more(who doesn’t like to dodge and avoid attacks?!) and thanks to selfless daring them dodges will heal us for around 400 each time, we gain great sustain from this tree

Virtues line:
Finally we put 4points into virtues and pick up retaliatory subconscious and absolute resolution

Again retaliatory subconscious is changeable, but I find it great when fighting multiple opponents due to the amount of times you can get cc’d

Absolute resolution gives us a nice 3k heal and removes 3conditions, add renewed focus to the mix recharging the cd and we can get off a 6k heal and remove 6conditions, it really is a life saver! You can swap this out For indomitable courage If you feel you lack stability, personally I feel absolute resolution is to strong not to pick

The 20% virtue recharge rate and Boon duration given by the virtue Is great, it allows us to proc ageis more often giving us more retaliation and also reduces the cd for absolute resolution, the minors also give us retaliation whenever we active a virtue giving us even more retaliation, each virtue will also now give us another boon, might regeneration and protection witch synergies great with the overall build

I believe the skill choices are self explanatory and I feel the armor of choice gives us a good overall survivability and damage, i feel like 2.8k armor is really the sweet spot and pushing over that for roaming is over doing it

My querys:
Right the things I ain’t to sure about

the build editor I used still uses the old method of crit damage, is 63%crit damage enough to dish out the pain? I’m not sure how that translates to crit damage now

Also this build gives us rather high attack and with might stacking we can reach 3k but, would we benefit from using might runes more then we would wurm? We would get a nice 5% damage increase and be able to stack more might, but we would lose a lot of vitality and ferocity. I’m not sure how the ferocity to power ratio works when it comes to damage, maybe someone can work it out?

Anyway guys sorry for the shoody typing, I hope it’s easy enough to follow, let me know what you think!

-seven mirror (blades)

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

Roaming build (idea)

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

In my experience, when facing mesmers you’ll either have to burst them down as quickly as you can, or out sustain them. The latter of which the guardian is terrible at. I’d choose might runes myself.

In all it’s a solid build. Good luck!

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld