Roaming with a friend

Roaming with a friend

in Guardian

Posted by: Hattoni.8597

Hattoni.8597

Hello friends,

I was playing medi guard for most of my time, because I had noone to roam with. Now I found some closer friends and I’ve noticed that when there is like 2 or 3 of us then medi guard might not be the best option.

I’m looking for offensive/defensive build with which I’ll be able to help my mate at least a little bit. I know that it depends on which class I stick with, so – I mostly stick with necro or thief. Would it be ah fronliner or there is something different that might work?

I’ll be happy to answer any question needed to suggest me correct build.

Thanks in advance.

Roaming with a friend

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

You have a couple of different options. If you want to run medi, then 0/1/6/1/6 is a solid choice for small group comp. It’s a medi build that also brings a lot of utility. When it comes to AH, 0/1/6/6/1 is always a safe bet. You can still run zerker in it, so your damage will still be decent, yet it still brings support and sustain.

However, if I read your post right, your teammates are a necro and thief. Necro needs a lot of babysitting to be effective. They’ll generally be the first one focused. They need a lot of peels and support, so going a 0/0/2/6/6 might be a better choice.

It really comes down to your team composition, if you have more information about that, I can give you advice.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Roaming with a friend

in Guardian

Hattoni.8597

Most often I’m in a team with condi/terrormancer (I think it’s standart 06404 with perlex runes, but I’m not 100% sure now), sometimes sb/d+p thief joins us (I’m really sorry, but I don’t know what traits he uses now, I’ll ask him tomorrow). I know it’s not very good comp, but we’re doing it just for fun, nothing really serious. But it’s something on which we spend much time now, so after few hours of roaming we decided to be a team, not just 3 guys standing next to each other. Also, they might change their build of course, but I’m the first who need change. Our main problem was that we were 3 guys fighting for ourselves only, now we are trying to think and play as a team.

Also, I can play any of guardian builds, I don’t care if it’s medi or ah or whatever, I like playing guardian with any build. I can use any gear, runes and sigils so full zerker isn’t a must-have for me.

(edited by Hattoni.8597)

Roaming with a friend

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Hi Hattoni!

Give a try to this build:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fVQQJARSlsApaotCxcI8DNRDBlZ8vPmXIDXfgEEAA-TVCIwAAeCAdU/JoSjlKB5pMTwFAIiugCHCAW7PQKAmUGB-w

instead of Smite you can take Mercyful Intervention. Your thief in stealth or your necro gonna LOVE you.

Your GS5 and Hammer3 and 5 can help you to peel for the party. You are tanky with 3k armour and 20k HP. You can give Stability to your party every 24 sec for 6 seconds. You have AoE condi cleanse (3) and decent self healing ability. All your GS skills are AoE and your Hammer2 hits like a truck (ok… like a van…)

I think this is a good midway build….

#I no words have"

(edited by Aggrostemma.1703)

Roaming with a friend

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Well, I built this by cramming as much support in while still being useful with damage. Uses staff/hammer and AH/virtues.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVQQJAWSlsApfndDxVI8DNRCRl9+9fFIWfw1PQAcAA-TVSEwAPeEAo2fgl6PQVaA4IBoVJYhLAwSlZs1FQKAmUGB-w

12 stacks of might on staff for your group, and 3 from VoJ. You can also swap out CoP for Purging Flames (swap the 20% cooldowns too, use either purity or retributive armor in Valor) for more might stacking with hammer and thief shortbow. You can also stack swiftness when channeling empower, so your team doesn’t have to worry about traiting for movement speed.

Absolute Resolution for some cover cleanse for your team, along with Shielded Mind for an extra break stun for them. Save Yourselves works good to cover cleanse too with CoP to clear it if needed. Good self healing with all the boons flying around and AH.

You could also do meditations with this in a 0/0/6/2/6 keeping the virtues line/weapons and still get good support results.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVQQJAWSlsApaolDxbI8DNRDBl98vf/xaDXfgEEAA-TVSEwAPeEAo2fgl6PQVaA4IBoVJYhLAwSlZs1FQKAmUGB-w

You still have the might, swiftness, Absolute Resolution and Shielded Mind along with some protection from hammer symbols. Team gets fury on meditations too.

(edited by Shanks.2907)

Roaming with a friend

in Guardian

Hattoni.8597

I’m grateful for your responses. I’ll give a try to all of them for sure. It’s now time for them to change

Thanks again!

Roaming with a friend

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Most often I’m in a team with condi/terrormancer (I think it’s standart 06404 with perlex runes, but I’m not 100% sure now), sometimes sb/d+p thief joins us (I’m really sorry, but I don’t know what traits he uses now, I’ll ask him tomorrow). I know it’s not very good comp, but we’re doing it just for fun, nothing really serious. But it’s something on which we spend much time now, so after few hours of roaming we decided to be a team, not just 3 guys standing next to each other. Also, they might change their build of course, but I’m the first who need change. Our main problem was that we were 3 guys fighting for ourselves only, now we are trying to think and play as a team.

Also, I can play any of guardian builds, I don’t care if it’s medi or ah or whatever, I like playing guardian with any build. I can use any gear, runes and sigils so full zerker isn’t a must-have for me.

Sorry for responding late. However, you got solid advice, from all the other posts. All those builds are viable and would work well. I’ll just throw in one more, this is mainly a support build. The main focus of this build is by providing support through; heals, cleanses, boons, CCs, and peeling for teammates. Damage isn’t the main focus, yet more damage is always helpful.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJASWlsApWotCxfH8DNRCRldR8fBI2fwJkCXFAA-TVyDABXp8bQlgZqWBAHBA80FU8DAQp9HqUVFIuEAkCwrlRA-w

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Roaming with a friend

in Guardian

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

If you play in team you need focused damage with yor friend and CC. Dont let the enemy to move and spike the target down

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+