Ruby orbs still tops for DPS?

in Guardian

Posted by: sykozylot.7503

sykozylot.7503

for straight up DPS, ruby orbs the best, or should we be switching to a set of runes?

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Ruby orbs never were close to being the best. But now their crit damage has been slashed by more than 50 %, so they are even worse than before.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Ruby Orbs were only a choice due to their cheapness. Scholar Runes will be better most of the time. Not sure about the new runes…)

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

There is quite a wide range of options viable now, I’m not sure about the top dps, but I run a mix of solider and zerker gear and have found wurm runes to be the best for me now

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

in Guardian

Posted by: sykozylot.7503

sykozylot.7503

thought ruby beat scholar unless you were >90% for 28% of the time. I could be mistaken though. anyone got any early suggestions from this patch for highest DPS?

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

^^ It’s something like this yes … Just like berzerker armor is still top DPS, ruby will stay near the top for the same reason. It’s definitely not top though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

Pre-patch info:
In an ideal setup scholar runes were better than ruby orbs.
I think Nike from DnT did some calculation on that quite a while ago.
If you pug, I’d stay with ruby orbs unless you are very confident that you can keep your health above the threshold long enough.

Post-patch:
Maybe someone will bother to do the math, but I’d be surprised if anything really changed.

Ruby orbs are an excellent choice since pre-release and they certainly still are.
And they are by far cheaper than some runes out there.

Note: Those statements are only valid for PvE of course.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

You probably want scholar. I would suggest strength but its sooo expensive, you’re better off with scholar

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Scholar since guardian’s have low might buffing and easy to maintain health with blinds/blocks/other stuff