Rune confusion

Rune confusion

in Guardian

Posted by: Caboose.4376

Caboose.4376

I’ve been playing for a month or so, and I’m still learning the ropes. I’m also rather new to the forums.

While on my guardian, I was checking the Trading Post for some runes, (I only recently found out I could do that) and the Superior Rune of The Guardian caught my attention. This was because all the stats the rune had were all highlighted in blue, while the stats of other runes are all colourless.

So I changed my character to my warrior and checked the Trading Post for the same rune, but it was all colourless this time, I then proceeded to check the Superior Rune of the Warrior and saw that all the stats on that rune was highlighted blue.

I assumed that the runes were highlighted as such due to my profession. (Rune of the Warrior gets the all stats highlighted if I’m a warrior, and Rune of the Guardian gets all the stats highlighted if I’m a guardian)

Well, I decided to experiment and bought the Superior Rune of The Guardian on the Trading Post (for my guardian) and placed the rune on my armor because I thought since the stats were highlighted blue, I would get all the stats on em with just one rune. But, now it shows that I got 7/6 Superior Rune of the Guardian even though I only got one Superior Rune of The Guardian on my gear and I’m not sure if I got all the stats from it.

I forgot to compare my stats before and after I put the rune on, my bad >_<

I want to know, what does this mean ?

Attachments:

(edited by Caboose.4376)

Rune confusion

in Guardian

Posted by: Trollhammer.7439

Trollhammer.7439

Likely a display bug.

Rune confusion

in Guardian

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

There is a bug where it counts the runes on both your PvE and PvP armor. Guardians start in PvP with Runes of the Guardian on their armor so you were showing up as 6/6. You don’t actually get the bonus though, unless it’s on your PvE armor. Unfortunately you just wasted 2g or whatever that rune is going for right now.

Rune confusion

in Guardian

Posted by: Skyrmion.6478

Skyrmion.6478

Same bug happens on Superior rune of the solider, i have 6 and its showing 12/6. But yuh with common sense you should realize u need 6 runes to get all 6 buffs on the rune

[Lani] – d|d e|e Lanicera

Rune confusion

in Guardian

Caboose.4376

I’ve never touched PvP (yet) besides WvW (thats if you don’t count WvW as PvP). And that does make a lot of sense. Thanks Guanglai

I did know it required 6 runes to get all the stats, but like I said, I didn’t know why the rune had all the stats highlighted and I ended up making a wrong assumption of why it did that. Entirely my mistake.

So yea, that burned 3g and 40s rather quickly.

But this rises another question, if it says 7/6 runes (or higher than 7/6), but have 6/6 runes on my gear, would that affect anything like what stat I get from the rune, or would it just be a display bug like what Trollhammer said ?

Rune confusion

in Guardian

Posted by: crimsonbro.3126

crimsonbro.3126

I’ve never touched PvP (yet) besides WvW (thats if you don’t count WvW as PvP). But this rises another question, if it says 7/6 runes (or higher than 7/6), but have 6/6 runes on my gear, would that affect anything like what stat I get from the rune, or would it just be a display bug like what Trollhammer said ?

It is just a display bug. It won’t have any bearing on your PvE stats. Aside from, you know, showing you have more than 6 runes.

Rune confusion

in Guardian

Caboose.4376

Oooo, thanks crimsonbro
I just started to rune up my gear so I’m pretty worried of doing something wrong or something wrong happening (runes are exspensive ya know, well….. for me they are :S)