Runes for the biggest damage

in Guardian

Posted by: Arafel.6895

Arafel.6895

Hello :-),
I just reached 80lvl 2 days ago and now i try to solve problem with the runes… Can you give me advice ? I use GS + Focus and 1H sword. My traits are: 4 6 2 0 2. I am looking for the runes for the biggest damage… and for pve, dungeons…
Which runes are the best ?
Thank you :-)

in Guardian

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Rune of Strength > All

If you can’t buy Rune of Strength (only 90 gold…) you can try whit Rune of Flame Legion, that give you +7% damage against burned enemy, increase power and give +30% Burn duration.
Or whit Rune of the Ogre (power, +4% damage and rockdog)

in Guardian

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guardian doesn’t get much out of Strength because their might stacking is bad. Go with Flame Legion if you’re cheap or Scholar/Ranger if you’re looking to minmax.

in Guardian

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Flame Legion is cheap as hell and they’re fantastic. If you’re good at staying >90% health, then go with Scholar.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Guardian doesn’t get much out of Strength because their might stacking is bad.

This made me laugh really hard.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: TrOtskY.5927

TrOtskY.5927

Rune of the Pack is seriously good on a dps guard too. 50% uptime of Fury Might and Swiftness, +175 Power, +125 precision. Trust me, the DPS overall increase is really quite high from the extra fury, ability to stay engaged from swiftness and extra precision. If you equip air and fire sigils the extra critting you are getting will result in extra procs which will increase your DPS exponentially as well.

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Hmm… I guess it’s because pve builds don’t get that deep into honor to take empowering might and staff is bad. But on the other hand it shouldn’t be too hard for allies to give you might?

How does a 3/5/0/4/2 hammer guardian compare with other dps builds?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

He is not lying
Unless you ar with some good Ele in the party to stack might, your only source will be what? GS AA and Virtue of Justice for 3 stacks? kitten , so much might, can’t even handle. This is you don’t run Staff, but running a worthless weapon just for 1 skill, and lose other 4? Yeah, how about no?

Right now I’m with Scholar. I like it, but beside inicial burst, with pugs, you will have trouble to stay above 90%. But since I already have them, and I don’t feel like spending 90g, or replacing them with cheaper ones, they will stay. Maybe I change for Strength when I have my Ascended armor

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Scholar are your best bet and Flame legion are also a good bet if you cannot afford scholar, strength has very little benefit to a DPS guardian team build as the might stacking is small

in Guardian

Posted by: Gahn.8150

Gahn.8150

He is not lying
Unless you ar with some good Ele in the party to stack might, your only source will be what? GS AA and Virtue of Justice for 3 stacks? kitten , so much might, can’t even handle. This is you don’t run Staff, but running a worthless weapon just for 1 skill, and lose other 4? Yeah, how about no?

Right now I’m with Scholar. I like it, but beside inicial burst, with pugs, you will have trouble to stay above 90%. But since I already have them, and I don’t feel like spending 90g, or replacing them with cheaper ones, they will stay. Maybe I change for Strength when I have my Ascended armor

PF? Hammer blast .. dodge out … hammer blast .. with 4 in virtues you got all the might you need :s

Gahn Lonewolf [TDA]
Norn Guardian
Gandara

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

I used to slot Two Handed Mastery out of combat when using a hammer build with Master of Consecrations. Put down Hallowed Ground and together with Focus 5 you can get 12 stacks of might. If you truly want to maximize the stacks you can also put Purging Flames and give your group nice and long durationed 18 stacks of might. Note that if you add Staff 4 in between your Hammer blasts you can cap the might stacks alone on your own before initiating combat; while Runes of Strength, Hallowed Ground effect, %10 boon duration from slotting Master of Consecrations give you %75 might duration without consumables to ensure those might stacks last for a long time. Of course, you have to have a group that can wait for you to stack might, but aside from that Guardians can stack might pretty well.

Usually I just lay down Hallowed Ground, do 2 Hammer bashes, 1 Focus 5 and 1 Staff 4 which yields 21 stacks of might, and slot whatever weapon I want for combat after. This rotation takes only 5-6 seconds and even with only Rune of Strength should give a long duration might to party, which is ideal for impatient pugs.

Edit and Note:
I do this rotation with the 5/5/0/4/0 Hammer/GS build which is the best damage build according to obal’s table. 3/5/0/4/2 is not that bad but still surpassed by other setups. Of course if you manage to keep Unscathed Contender it is better than 5 in Zeal setup, and for the mosr cases in PvE you can find that it is much easier to maintain than what is expected in theory.

(edited by Pregnantman.8259)

in Guardian

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I am wondering if anybody did the math with rune of the ranger?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_the_Ranger

btw, the rune procs with a collectible mini.

in Guardian

Pregnantman.8259

Power is better than both precision and ferocity in terms of optimal damage I believe. Scholar should still be the best rune for damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Unless you ar with some good Ele in the party to stack might, your only source will be what? GS AA and Virtue of Justice for 3 stacks?

wtf dude

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I am wondering if anybody did the math with rune of the ranger?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_the_Ranger

btw, the rune procs with a collectible mini.

What? Really!? Proof or it doesn’t happen.

Also, on Might stacking, I have no issues getting a constant single stack of Might on my Guardian and no I don’t use a staff. In order to benefit from Strength, you just need 1 single Might stack. And if you’re running in a group, you shouldn’t have any issues getting 1 single Might stack without even including your own ways of getting it.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Pregnantman.8259

I can’t prove it but I think its something that is widely accepted for Rune of Ranger.

As for Rune of Strength, yes only 1 stack of might is enough for the extra %5 damage, but there is so much more potential for that might duration. There is no shame or disdain from using staff, as you would only use it out of combat to cap might stacks for the upcoming fight.

It is still possible to give 21 stacks of might to the party without the staff if you have Two Handed Mastery, Inspired Virtues and Master of Consecrations along with Rune of Strength. Lay down either Purging Flames or Hallowed Ground and Mighty Blow as soon as you laid it and continue until the duration is over. After the duration is done and Mighty Blow is off cooldown, lay down the other fire field and repeat. Purging Flames allow for 2 Mighty Blows and Hallowed Ground allows for 3. While waiting for the cooldown of Mighty Blow to run out during any of the fire fields are up quickly slot Focus and use Shield of Wrath, and reslot Hammer immediately. Finally when both fire fields are on cooldown, use Virtue of Justice for 3 more stacks of might and pull your enemies before all these run out. Note that this whole rotation lasts for too long and the ultimate might duration may be cut down. That is why it is much more simple and efficient to just slot Staff for an Empower and reslotting it with the weapon you would use for combat.

in Guardian

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

For the gold investment required for 6/6 Runes of Strength, simply maintaining 1 single stack of might for +5% is a complete waste. Better off going for Flame Legion and getting the 100% uptime +7% to burning foes for a fraction of the cost.

Now if you’re running a might stacking build, then it’s something to consider.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)