Runes, runes, runes!

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Hey fellow guardians,

Just curious, what runes do you use and why? : )

I use rune of lyssa for the 6th effect (remove all conditions and gain all boons for 5 seconds) which works wonders with renewed focus. It makes me feel like a super saiyan for 5 seconds haha but the condition removal and stability helps in dire times if we are talking about practicality. Just wanted to see what nice combos are out there!

(Doesn’t have to be serious, it could be a fun rune setup too!)

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

I’m running 2x rune of monk (15% boon), 2x rune of dwayna (20% regen), and 2x rune of water (+15% boon).

Overall it’s a nice bonus to just about everything you use.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: exphryl.3857

exphryl.3857

I run 6pc Rune Of The Soldier. Ends up being +165 Vitality, +50Toughness, and removes Conditions on Shout. (I’m a firm believer of you can never have enough condition removal)

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

x6 Runes of Svanir. I love the invulnerability.

Block of Ice + Renewed Focus + Shelter. I do it for the lulz.

Having a huge zerg pound on you for +10 seconds not doing anything makes me smile.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

6 of the soldier.

Toughness and vitality are just too good and the 6th piece effect (shouts remove conditions)

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

We already have a trait that removes conditions when we shout!

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Yes we do, but not everyone wants to invest 30 points into Honor. Though if you were while having a full set of soldier, wouldn’t that mean you’d get two conditions removed with one shout?

Also, I’m running with 6 soldiers. I like the toughness and vitality boosts, and I like the freedom of not having to invest the 30 points into Honor.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Kita.7819

I’d like it if someone confirmed that double condition removal bit. It sucked when I found out that Purity and Resolve worked on the same clock, i.e their 10 second CD always matched each other

Kita – Guardian

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

@ComeAndSee.1356

You can switch your 2 runes of Dwayna for 2 Major Runes of Sanctuary and get another 10% overall boon duration.

Personally I use 6 runes of Lyssa for the huge boon boost and condition removal on Elite use.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: ShadowbaneX.6273

ShadowbaneX.6273

6x Dolyak. Energizer Bunny Runes.

Heroes of the Horn [HotH] – Yak’s Bend

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

“We already have a trait that removes conditions when we shout!”
Yup. So now I can remove two with one skill, and get a boon out of the deal as well. Works great versus Mesmers and Necromancers.

I mostly use Rune of The Soldier, since I play a very defensive Shout-build and I’d be silly not to use it.

“Come on, hit me!”

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Love the notes, I’m thinking about creating different armor sets to serve these interesting rune builds!

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

@ComeAndSee.1356

You can switch your 2 runes of Dwayna for 2 Major Runes of Sanctuary and get another 10% overall boon duration.

Personally I use 6 runes of Lyssa for the huge boon boost and condition removal on Elite use.

I was debating on doing that, but it’s only an extra 1/2-3/4th second on most abilities versus more healing on symbols.

I know with full +boon duration trait and those runes you can get near 100% up time on staff speed boost.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Rune of the Pack, because I really need some extra damage and my gear has little Crit Chance. The extra Swiftness duration is useful for running around in WvW, and the proc skill seems kinda bugged (it procs mostly when getting hit, not when attacking), and the stats bonuses are also bugged (it gives 50 Healing instead of Power at 6 runes), but overall, it’s one of the best Runes for damage in my opinion.

I tried Dolyak for a while, but I didn’t want to be a heavy bunker build, and my damage was really crap.

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Tryble.6819

Tryble.6819

I used to use 6 Melandru in conjunction with Lemongrass Soup for truly absurd amounts of Condition Duration reductions, but I’ve since swapped to 6 Speed to try and alleviate the problems with Swiftness-buffed enemies just walking out of melee range.

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: kousei.5914

kousei.5914

6 Soldier Runes here as well. In PvE it’s great to be able to bring Battle Presence and in WvW it’s nice to remove 2 conditions w/ 1 shout.

Leader of Marked Souls [MkS]
Jade Quarry

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Xerre.9678

Xerre.9678

I’m running pure Crest of the Soldier, along with p/t/v gear. For wvw it’s amazing to be that frontline presence, constantly applying pressure while my guild rains in aoe crits for 10k. I spec tank and do low damage, so guildies don’t have to.

Xerre
80 Dive Bomb Guardian for NoQQ Alliance
Over Extending since 2001

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Rune of the Centaur 6/6 + Shelter with an Altrusitc healing Build…

Love it. Love Love Love.

Catch a thief, warrior, guardian, Hunter spamming some rapid attack on you and you’ll easily give yourself 7-10 stacks of might… let alone JI+LoF into a zerg and just get crazy with stacks of might.

So you’ll get healing from: stacks of might + shelter healing + switfness to everyone around you.

Out side of the combo of it, having a 11s Speed attached to your Heal, every 30s to everyone around you is awesome.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Soldier

165 vitality is hard to ignore.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

I’m still hesitating on which set of runes I should grab. I’m playing an altruistic healing build with knight gear. Dolyak runes are expensive so I don’t think I’ll grab these ones. I’m torn between 2 Monk/2 Water/2 sanctuary or 6 Soldier. 40% duration on boons is amazing but being able to remove pure of voice to take battle presence seems really good too (plus the precision boost with toughness and the extra hp). So many good runes to chose from, I’m lost. x)

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

6 Dolyak runes on Jalis armor so I can be like Spock, live long and prosper. Works well for my play style, your mileage may vary. 15/0/25/30/0 with mace/focus and either a GS or staff. I love my symbols!!

(edited by sonicsix.5713)

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Kita.7819

Shouldn’t you be using Sigils of speed?

Kita – Guardian

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Blackrain.5760

Blackrain.5760

Superior rune of the Undead. Condition damage baby.

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Bije.3624

Bije.3624

Soldier in my WvW kit; Strength on my PvE kit. It’s probably not the best set to use, but it works well enough. As to the “why;” Solider is self explanatory. Strength makes up for my recent experiment with healing power (which in turn lowered my damage output).

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

6/6 Rune of the Soldier + Pure of Voice is imba.

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Trafalgar.5247

Trafalgar.5247

rune of the guardian! Since I’m a guardian..

it’s for the high toughness and healing power

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Bobobejumbo.4951

Bobobejumbo.4951

I’m trying to decide on either Mercy, Earth, or Forge. The bonuses all match my playstyle and I have decided to get my Toughness up via the Rune slots.

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Six Superior Runes of Dwayna. Very powerful, long lasting Regen from Hold The Line, and allied Regen whenever I heal myself. My human Guardian is a Dwayna follower anyway, and I do run max healing power, so it suits my playstyle and vision for my own Guardian.

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: captaincrunch.6731

captaincrunch.6731

2 Baelfire, 2 Balthazar, 2 Flame Legion. Burn baby burn.

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: HappyDale.5398

HappyDale.5398

Is Pure Voice fixed? Last I knew it was bugged with “SY” and “HtL”, and would not remove conditions

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-Bugs-compilation

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: DemiGod.6801

DemiGod.6801

Divinity 6/6 Can’t go wrong with all stats being boosted plus 12% crit dmg

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

What heals do Centaur Runes proc their swiftness buff on?

Dodge heals, AH heals, Monks Focus heals, regens?

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: kuroi.5467

kuroi.5467

i use 6x runes of the soldier, on knight’s draconic with berserker’s exotic accessories. this is phenomenal for what i play – that is, PUG dungeons – because it allows me to fill common utility gaps (AoE condition removal, general DPS support and limited control) while anchoring the front line like stonewall jackson. heavily traited symbols and spirit weapons can keep up support and DPS while i’m making front line revs.

that said, i’m considering switching to the pow/pre/cond AC set which come with the Superior Monk runes, and if anyone would like to comment on whether i should keep them to avoid being to glassy or replace them for more damage output, that’d be much appreciated. I definitely feel monk is a viable choice for a lot of guardian builds, but is it enough gearwise to keep a DPS centric guardian alive?

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I am curious too, any guardian with Centaur runes can answer the question?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Superior rune of the Undead. Condition damage baby.

Same here, amazing way to get condition damage without tanking your stats too much. (183 + 5% of your toughness (about 90 more for me) and you are already at 270ish condition damage from just runes.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

I use different runes in different geartypes, but in pvp i run only soldiers now, even in my soldiers gear. And i play 99% frontline pusher and melee and its a dps centric build.

The exception is the few times i run my pre/vit/heal gear in wvw, then i use monks and water for boonduration even though the impact on the battlefiueld goes down greatly with that setup but its a nice change of pace.

I am curious too, any guardian with Centaur runes can answer the question?

All runes or skills/traits/etc that says they are activated by heals are only activated by skill 6.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Think you quoted the wrong post brutaly. But that is correct, only your actually healing skill proc’s the buffs.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Think you quoted the wrong post brutaly. But that is correct, only your actually healing skill proc’s the buffs.

Yeah i quoted the wrong post, thx for pointing it out. will fix it asap.

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I actually don’t use runes. I use a mix of Emerald and Beryl Orbs.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: KensaiZen.3740

KensaiZen.3740

6x Melandru+Lemon grass poultry soup for a total of -65% condition duration.

As conditions are rounded to the closest second, 90% of conditions do not last more than a second. Also it gives higher toughness than the soldiers set.

Who needs to remove conditions on shout when they just disappear after a second. You boys using Soldier runes are crazy. conditions can be reapplied almost instantly, so basing them on your shouts and cooldowns doesn’t make sense

Winters Ascension The White Guardian
Sophia Theos Beast Master
[Fissure of Woe]

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

3 Water/ 3 Monk. Balanced boon duration and Healing Power

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I use 6 x Flame legion because I’m one of those weirdo’s that believes in burning stuff.

I used to run Undead for the same build because it’s way cheaper but The flame legion supports burning better, even when you aren’t the one doing the burning.

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

As conditions are rounded to the closest second, 90% of conditions do not last more than a second. Also it gives higher toughness than the soldiers set.

Who needs to remove conditions on shout when they just disappear after a second. You boys using Soldier runes are crazy. conditions can be reapplied almost instantly, so basing them on your shouts and cooldowns doesn’t make sense

Well chill, cripple and fear isnt applied per second in wvw and in a shout build with soldiers those are removed. Very few run with pure conditionbased damage builds in wvw, in pve you dont need more then one conditionremover, so the reason to have soldiers, for me at least, is that those are great anti cc.

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: KensaiZen.3740

KensaiZen.3740

Well chill, cripple and fear isnt applied per second in wvw and in a shout build with soldiers those are removed. Very few run with pure conditionbased damage builds in wvw, in pve you dont need more then one conditionremover, so the reason to have soldiers, for me at least, is that those are great anti cc.

-65% con duration means a 4 second fear or any other skill is less than 2 seconds. Keepingyou in range for mighty blow or enough to escape. Add to this you can have 2 stun breakers for utility in syg and sy making you almost immune to CC.

Ine pve i run 6 runes of the noble. Already tanky enough without the rune benefits so might aswell farm lol

Winters Ascension The White Guardian
Sophia Theos Beast Master
[Fissure of Woe]

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

We already have a trait that removes conditions when we shout!

Its also bugged. Won’t always remove conditions. The runes always work.

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma

Runes, runes, runes!

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

-65% con duration means a 4 second fear or any other skill is less than 2 seconds. Keepingyou in range for mighty blow or enough to escape. Add to this you can have 2 stun breakers for utility in syg and sy making you almost immune to CC.

i know but two seconds is just 1,8 to much for being in the middle of a zerg, thats like two dodgerolls and a weaponswap and for me thats just to long.

An other reason why i dont go melandru is that i use mainly knights and i end up with less then 14k health with those runes and thats just to little for the build i run.

But those are a great option and worked very well for me on builds with larger healthpool and they are even better when combined with sigil of purity, then nothing sticks.

And there are other food that imo are better, like omnomberry pie, melandru are rather weak without the food and im not willing to stop using omnom in low health builds.