Runspeed increase?

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

So, rangers, thieves and elementalists have signets for increase runspeed, warriors have trait to increase speed with melee weapons, does guardians have anything?

Sorry for my english.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

You have a leap, teleport to foes, near 100% upkeep of swiftness with little work. Also you forgot necros on your list for signets with runspeed.

edit: Fun little thing you can/could do is use your leap off great sword + the teleport to target to cover a nice chunk of ground quickly, it was alittle tricky to get the timing rught. The names escape me but it used to be a great way to surprise another player to see my guard cover close to a 1500 gap quickly.

(edited by gamefreak.5673)

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

You have a leap, teleport to foes, near 100% upkeep of swiftness with little work. Also you forgot necros on your list for signets with runspeed.

edit: Fun little thing you can/could do is use your leap off great sword + the teleport to target to cover a nice chunk of ground quickly, it was alittle tricky to get the timing rught. The names escape me but it used to be a great way to surprise another player to see my guard cover close to a 1500 gap quickly.

He’s talking about passive movement speed, not Swiftness and gap closers.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: ErraticFaith.9142

ErraticFaith.9142

Guardian mobility is notoriously bad on a lot of specs and no we don’t have passive traits or abilities, nor should we. There’s already enough homogenization of the classes and guardian isn’t supposed to be light footed, hes not a warrior.

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I would just like to have a cripple…

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

100% swift upkeep? come on lol if its possible, how many things have you to discharge to achieve it? how many thing have to discharge other classes to achieve the same result?

Think about things, even if a thing is barely possible, doesn’t mean that is good.

anyway i just agree with Lavra. I just like to have a cripple xD

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

While I generally don’t agree with the idea that “if they have we should too!” I do think that a class with almost no ranged options should have some kind of passive speed buff. Rangers & Thieves can keep it, it’s necessary for their survival. Warriors don’t need it. Eles…I guess it’s for survival? Guardians don’t need increased survivability but having a speed buff for staying in melee range would be nice. A trait for X seconds of swifteness when we crit or something that doesn’t involve using a skill.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

+1 for Cripple(s).

We have gap closers/openers on weapons and traits.

I don’t think we NEED a run speed trait tbh. But I wouldn’t kick it outa bed for eating crackers…

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

I vote making retreat into a swiftness signet, and the activation of it procs aegis.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Wobels.1679

Wobels.1679

I totally agree with the OP we need something different inorder to have speed we have 2 fill 2 situation slots with shouts and use a staff so 1 weapon set and 2 skills.. when other classes just need 1 skill or in warriors case 1weapon and 1 skill. An to do dungeons and stuff with the group out running you it kind of forces guardians to do shout builds. That is if you want to even keep up close with your team going threw the dungeon. anyways something does need to change with this cause thats just to many skills to chain for run speed when other classes need 1 or 2. oh and you have to use a trait as well forgot that for the 20% faster shouts.

(edited by Wobels.1679)

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: ZORTAN.3725

ZORTAN.3725

I see this conversation regarding Guardian Speed has dragged on for years. I continually miss out on XP and Goodies in WvW because I am usually the last one in a fast moving group to reach the Mob. My elementalist has Signet of Air, Why can Guardian not have a passive skill that will let him keep up with a Zerg. Not something where you have to link numerous items together in a mish/mash way to try to keep up your speed. I mean really Retreat on a 20 Second and then down.

Come on GW2 give us the ability to keep up with the crowd.

Zortan

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

We have 100% swiftness uptime while stationary with a staff :S

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Angina.9314

Angina.9314

check the MINOR trait in mesmer chronomancer line, and be jealous. And for the 100% swiftness uptime … dont forget there is no longer boon duration increase via traits (i really dont count staff boon duration trait), i would like to know the trick (without spamming heals with centaur rune or other idiotic workaround)

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

We are in a good spot. /sarcasm

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Valkyrie.1794

Valkyrie.1794

When I was map completing with my guardian I used a staff (for 3), Retreat, and Save Yourselves, and a GS. I wouldn’t recommend it if you’re wanting to fight anything more difficult than open world PvE mobs, but it did help the map completion go a bit faster.

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

It would be good for consistency’s sake to have some signet passive or minor trait which grants 25% movement speed while equipping a certain weapon or something.

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Speed

I use that for pve
Well…and wvw ;-)

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

swift kits was 100% uptime with little work. We do not get swift with little work. We have to either use staff, or pick a speed based rune set

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: DarkKnightJin.6372

DarkKnightJin.6372

With Chronomancer getting that minor trait to buff their speed, will leave only Guardian (And possibly Revenant) as the class(es) without access to ANY passive speed boost.

Which makes me very sad, since Guardians are supposed to be on the FRONT LINES, taking hits so their allies don’t have to.

Tell me.. Exactly HOW are they supposed to do that when they’re so kitten ed slow they arrive at a battle.. AFTER EVERYTHING IS ALREADY DEAD?!

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

I didn’t run it myself, but I think in theory you can easily get 100% swiftness uptime: 30% from runes (of pack for example) + 20% from staff trait + bigger symbols (if placed right you can catch 2 ticks while running) = should be exactly 100% uptime using only staff 3.

Speaking about 25% signets: most classes doesn’t use them anyway because they waste utility slot. Even on my thief and ranger I use traveler runes lol.

Run speed is important in small groups or solo. If you don’t have swiftness in WvW zerg then slap your warriors and other guardians for not spamming it.

(edited by Terkov.4138)

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Meditation Guardian is meta for a reason… it’s the only build what is capable to move from point A to B. The rest of the builds are so slow it’s beyond explanation. Sure you have staff+shout builds but they lack the gap closers. So they can get to a point and then die to a kiter. Hell a Shortbow thief can kill a staff/mace+shield warrior ON the point.

Unscatched contender with swiftness… This is my favourite method…

#I no words have"

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Aggrostemma.1703

Terkov: leave the bloody staff out of this conversation! Symbol of Swiftness is useless if not in a wvw havoc/zerg. Standing still for 4 seconds to get 10 seconds of swiftness… Whoho!

#I no words have"

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Oye Healyasom.8714

Oye Healyasom.8714

If you stand in the symbol of swiftness for 4 seconds you get 18 seconds of swiftness. Call it 20 with boon duration increase. Countdown starts at the beginning so you’ve already used up 4 seconds when you start moving. So you are not moving for 4 of those 20 seconds; and so running swiftly for 16 seconds..
— If normally you run 20 units in 20 seconds:
— With swiftness you run 26.7 units (20*1.3333)
— With the above you run 21.3 units (16*1.3333)

So “near 100% upkeep of swiftness with little work” means 6.7% speed increase (21.3/20). Whoop.

I don’t think you do a little better staying for only 3 seconds, so swiftness and skill recharge end at the same time.

I use Runes of the Traveler.

I think if you run through the symbol (no stopping) you have swiftness for 5 seconds out of 20, and it works out to be an identical benefit.

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Revenants lack passive run speed increase, yet they can truly keep 100% swiftness uptime just standing there with facets on.
I really got a lil’ bit triggered when I saw that chronomancer gets a run speed increase in a minor trait spot… mesmers with that spec don’t even have to pick it, they will have it anyway. With all this cheeky elusive gameplay, portals and blink they still get more run speed? I don’t even know what to say honestly.
Even if guard has a 10sec teleport on sword, we need a target to use it. Same goes for meditation teleportation abilities.

As others said, we can also do well with swiftness uptime, but If we are not meant to play with a staff and shouts, we are forced to sacrifice a weapon swap and an utility slot, along with a whole traitline for staff CD and shout trait.
Guardian 2.0 (Revenant) on another hand just needs to roll with Herald. It is a whole traitline indeed, but it is much better, superior I would say if we were to compare guardian traitlines. Even then, just drop dem facets and fart out boons like its nothing.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

They don’t care about the runspeed of the guardian, every freaking class/profession has +25% movement speed PASSIVE !! (exept guardian/DH), swiftness easily acces the revenant has perma swiftness, the guardian/DH nothing just a converter (useless) 2 shouts (at a freaking 40/32 sec cooldown) and symbol that does only 1 pulse if you sit in it (AKA useless as well) and i am talking about PVP were if your late your team is dead ,wvw doesn’t help you too much, pve barely. If they were kind in giving us a +25% or a trait swift for 1/2 sec with a coldown couldn’t squeeze that somewhere in 1 of the line of useless traits

(edited by AGGabriel.9230)

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Cambeul.3719

Cambeul.3719

Necromancer Locust Signet, move faster while holding a Dagger, and Speed Boost on your Warhorn.

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

if you want to give up a Entire Utility slot for a movement speed signet or a Entire trait for a movement speed boost be Prepaired as most Movement speed triaits/utilities that apply passive increases have Poor to good Secondary effects which counter act that passive , in the rangers case

Signet of the hunt passive 25% movement speed
active 50% damage on next attack (1 attack for pet and ranger ) (30second cooldown) quite a large cooldown for a 1 attack damage buff and sacrifices that movment speed.

Natural stride Trait in druid
Movement 33% when not effected by the following conditions.
immobo
cripple
chill
durations reduced 33% (simalair to dodged march but hard counted by mobility condis skills like Barrage have lots of short Multipul applications of cripple which by pass the 33% reduction or its applied so often the trait is Nulified so you’ll be going from +33% speed down to -25% speed if you have swiftness that’ll balance out at 17% movement speed boost.)

if a guardian wants somthing like this , it’ll effect quite a lot of things .
as for example

you won’t get 25% movement speed in combination with things like protection or aegis , you won’t get things like Natural stride as two classes always have pretty much the same mechanic.

what you should expect is somthing like this

Zealots Wrath(just a name)
while Wielding a hammer 25% movement speed under the effects of Retailiation
Retaliation damage is increased by 25%
(this makes it gated to traits/skills which apply retailiation meaning it has to be maintained just like Natural stride and signet of the hunt through managed cooldowns or condi removals which natural stride Requires to keep the movement speed up)

there is no such thing as a Free Movement speed increase without a Major draw back.

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Core guardian needs the speed buff without any sacrifices. DH needs the speed buff but should trade something for it. Or to even the fields, they should give guardian something like blink (core mesmer style). Low hp pool, inability to run, millions of condi pressure. These are not the very best combination for a guardian in my taste.

On the other hand guardian is way more mobile than a necro. There is a thin line for balance. I think the problem is other classes having too much, not guardian having less.

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

So, rangers, thieves and elementalists have signets for increase runspeed, warriors have trait to increase speed with melee weapons, does guardians have anything?

Sorry for my english.

You do, but they aren’t class specific like signets or traits. You might wonder why they don’t. It’s because it’s a deficiency for the class that Anet admitted that is intended. That also answers your next question:

Will Guardians ever get a speed buff? It’s not likely unless the dev thinking changes quite a bit.

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Guardian mobility is notoriously bad on a lot of specs and no we don’t have passive traits or abilities, nor should we. There’s already enough homogenization of the classes and guardian isn’t supposed to be light footed, hes not a warrior.

I too enjoy being slower-moving than every other profession for no real reason. Revenants are almost as bad, worse actually if you don’t like Herald.

It would be so easy to fix, too, just convert one of the garbage signets no one uses to a runspeed signet, problem solved.

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

Sorry for my english.

You do, but they aren’t class specific like signets or traits. You might wonder why they don’t. It’s because it’s a deficiency for the class that Anet admitted that is intended. That also answers your next question:

Will Guardians ever get a speed buff? It’s not likely unless the dev thinking changes quite a bit.

They said explicitly that Guardians shouldn’t have a decent range weapon for years … now we have one of the stronger range weapons in the game. I’m of course talking about the Scepter with its new an improved Zealous Scepter trait. It’s pretty OP.

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Sorry for my english.

They said explicitly that Guardians shouldn’t have a decent range weapon for years … now we have one of the stronger range weapons in the game. I’m of course talking about the Scepter with its new an improved Zealous Scepter trait. It’s pretty OP.

No, actually ‘they’ didn’t because we had 2 to begin with. If this is indeed true, then ‘they’ spoke out of context or just out their rear end. The ready up where runspeed denial was explained was a planned, scripted statement. No question of the validity of what they were saying, no contradictions.

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

I wont play my old guardian main till it gets movespeed love

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

travler runes exist for a reason

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Aggrostemma.1703

Yes Traveller Runes exist for a reason… but every other prof have options…. Guardians do not.

They can choose to take a minor trait or use a specific weapon or use a utility or the Runes….

Guardian is bound to Speed/Swiftness runes and they have no options.

The untraited Retreat is worse the Locust and you have to cast it on CD and waste all the utility it gives… Meanwhile you can run with the Locust for forever and use it when you need the utility…

Big difference I think.

Guardian is the slowest prof now (and ever been) without any good reason… I don’t think even the devs know why anymore.

#I no words have"

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

How about an angelic speed ability to be in theme with the guardian?

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Guardian is the slowest prof now (and ever been) without any good reason… I don’t think even the devs know why anymore.

There is a good reason and it’s actually documented in a Ready Up episode (13?) from before; it’s related to having known, managed deficiencies on the class.

And no, I don’t think they have forgotten it because they are the ones that come up with the concept of the class.

What’s more likely is that players never knew about it or have forgotten it (on purpose) because they want RS buffs.

Runspeed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

It was not such a problem before. But with the power creep, guardians’s ability to guard is diminished entirely. It can not even protect itself anymore.