Sad Sad hammer guard help

in Guardian

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

Sup fellow lightwielders this ain’t much of a QQ thread I just wanted to know if anyone has created a build that can deal with conditions while using Glacial Heart. Please, I miss my hammer so much and greatsword is lame. Thanks babies. Much love <3

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Hi there!

Are you asking for a WvW frontliner Hammer build with GH?

Just slot Purging Flames and there you go!

Since the radius nerf on virtues… it is no longer a big difference…

#I no words have"

in Guardian

Timston.1976

Sorry for the misconception. I was asking for a replacement for the old spvp hammer meditation build. I just love it so much. But without absolute resolution. I lose survivability

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

The hammer guard build was primarily useful not because of Glacial Heart, but because of the concept of on swap burst combos, which involved Glacial Heart.

While taking meditations, you should have sufficient condi cleansing, and if you feel the need for one more push of condi cleansing, you can sub in Purging Flames. Either replace Judges Intervention for maximizing condition cleanse, or substitute Contemplation of Purity for maximum fire, and faster condi cleansing, with a bonus fire field for either sub.

If you need to take Absolute Resolution, you can augment the ons wap burst with sigils of hydromancy to simulate the effect.

I personally have been having decent success using GS/Hm

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJARSlsAhqhY5QwbIwPEHxDVOFfyYsGANQ9e33YIHA-TpRBABecIAi4BAEfZgNOCA0s/AAXAAA

Choices between

• Zealous Blade / Blinding Jeopardy (better VoJ functionality & Vulnerability or Improved GS)
  • Strength of the Fallen / Smiter’s Boon (better Condi Control or Better burst damage/healing)
  • Strength in Numbers / Communal Defense (situational on if you run close to allies or more solo)
  • Unscathed Contender / Retaliatory Subconscious / Master of Consecrations (Flavor you like, and/or if you want to run Purging Flames)
  • Glacial Heart / Absolute Resolution (Burst or Survival)
  • Sigil of Force / anything you like
  • Rune of Strength / anything you like

I chose the Force and Strength to try to make up for lost damage modifiers, but they are not that crucial, so I am looking to rotate those out with something more useful.

You could even try to maximize crit with:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJARSlsAhqhY5QwbIwPEHBEVOBfxI0GAPwbe32IIDA-TpRBABecIAi4BAEfZgNOCA0s/AAXAAA

(edited by CMF.5461)

in Guardian

Timston.1976

Thanks for info guys. All help is appreciated. If you have a hammer build working well for you, please post in the thread. It would help me out alot. <3