"Save Yourself!" is not meant to be a solo skill

in Guardian

Posted by: HawkXtream.1538

HawkXtream.1538

Why don’t arenanet makes it like this.
We only gain 10s boons when there are conditions drawn to us.
Otherwise, no boon is applied on us. :P

in Guardian

Posted by: Lilun.8732

Lilun.8732

Each unique condition drawn adds 1 second.

in Guardian

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

@ Lilun, that’s not bad.

Perhaps it starts at a base of 5 seconds and for each condition you collect you gain 1 second up to a max of 5 extra seconds. As such you get the best of both worlds, you can get 5 seconds of all the buffs with no conditions and 10 seconds worth of buffs if you collect 5 or more conditions.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

in Guardian

Posted by: Animus.6073

Animus.6073

@ Lilun: I love it. Great suggestion. This is the kind of response the community needs to bolster.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Yeah, not a bad suggestion. It also puts more focus on the support-aspect of the Shout, which has been a bit neglected.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I always thought save yourselves was kinda broken and would probably get changed. I still use it anyway. You get all those nice boons even if you don’t pull a condition? No one saw this coming whaaaaat? I remember when this skill was on the staff only.

I always thought it was kind of funny, when I would activate it and I’d get one condition.

-Save yourselves!-

“Aw man I’m bleeding for 3 whole seconds”

-Purging Flames-

LOL I just got a ton of buffs and burned you!

in Guardian

HawkXtream.1538

I always thought save yourselves was kinda broken and would probably get changed. I still use it anyway. You get all those nice boons even if you don’t pull a condition? No one saw this coming whaaaaat? I remember when this skill was on the staff only.

I always thought it was kind of funny, when I would activate it and I’d get one condition.

-Save yourselves!-

“Aw man I’m bleeding for 3 whole seconds”

-Purging Flames-

LOL I just got a ton of buffs and burned you!

Using SY while your allies are having tons of condition equal to killing yourself.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

I like the suggestion of a +1sec based on the liched conditions.

+1 from me

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

in Guardian

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

I like the suggestion of a +1sec based on the liched conditions.

+1 from me

Yeah it actully makes a lot of sense. However judging by the GS symbol complaints and Anets lack of reponse to them and what we got in the end (a 10% damage increase to make up for the 100% increase in cooldown), i honestly don’t think this +1 second per condiditon will ever be added.

It’s a shame that we didn’t know what was coming to suggest it before hand, i would actully be happy for it to be this way in PVE aswell.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

in Guardian

Posted by: deherch.3158

deherch.3158

I didn’t even like this skill before this update. 10sec buffs (or 5sec in pvp now) on a 60 second cd, no thanks… I prefer having less powerful skills with much lower cd.

I don’t think it’s a great idea to split skill effects in pvp/pve…
and what Lilun said (-> see 1st reply) would certainly be an improvement.

In its current form, the skill doesn’t promote helping your team, in fact the opposite. You are better off using it when your team doesn’t have conditions.. bit weird or even selfish

(edited by deherch.3158)

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

Using SY while your allies are having tons of condition equal to killing yourself.

Maybe for you it is. I don’t die so easily.

Getting back to the topic at hand extra time for each condition drawn does sound like a good idea but I would imagine they tested that idea out already.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

in Guardian

Posted by: Animus.6073

Animus.6073

I’d even go as far as to suggest it gives +3 seconds to the boon duration per condition stripped but starts with a base of 0. So if you strip no conditions, you get no boons, if you strip 1, you get 3 seconds, if you strip 2 you get 6 seconds, so on and so forth.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

I’d even go as far as to suggest it gives +3 seconds to the boon duration per condition stripped but starts with a base of 0. So if you strip no conditions, you get no boons, if you strip 1, you get 3 seconds, if you strip 2 you get 6 seconds, so on and so forth.

It’s a good idea, if you could play “full support”. In a game where people don’t have dedicated roles, you can’t really have a skill that is only useful in group situations.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

It’s a good idea, if you could play “full support”. In a game where people don’t have dedicated roles, you can’t really have a skill that is only useful in group situations.

If they severely reduced the CD time that might be a viable option, but I’d like to at least get a small buff for using it, you know something to show for it.

But I imagine there’s a group of game testers that have closed servers that set around and tweak this kind of stuff all day and they put it into practice for a couple of weeks before the game gets updated.

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

HawkXtream.1538

“Save Yourself!” is not meant to be a solo skill

Sorry, I missed where it says this on the tooltip.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Guardian

HawkXtream.1538

Maybe for you it is. I don’t die so easily.

Getting back to the topic at hand extra time for each condition drawn does sound like a good idea but I would imagine they tested that idea out already.

Obviously you didn’t try to get 25 stacks of Bleeding, 10+ stack of vul and poison.

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

You know I had a snarky comment but I deleted it because I feel it’s getting off topic. But i’ll say this, if you pull conditions to you, you should be ready to get rid of said conditions and not sit there and let them kill you. Condition damage is the Achillies heel of the the Guardian defense but we as Guardians have so many ways of getting rid of conditions it’s not funny.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I don’t necessarily agree with the +1 second per each condition received. If you’re running a shout build then you’re most likely not going to be able to remove many conditions. This was the trade-off. A long CD while being able to assist your teammates was key. Not to mention how easy it is to corrupt these boons and completely mess up your day.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

If you’re running a shout build then you’re most likely not going to be able to remove many conditions.

How come??

Shoutbuilds imo are extremely competent, one of the best infact, when it comes to removing conditions.

At least i can remove 9 conditions actively in 0.1s and passively i remove 2 more in 10s tops on a 3 shout build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Because if you’re probably going to be running a full shout build which unless you have runes of the soldier or purity of voice, you’re not going to remove any conditions.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Because if you’re probably going to be running a full shout build which unless you have runes of the soldier or purity of voice, you’re not going to remove any conditions.

And having those skills pretty much makes a shoutguardian one of the best conditionremover in the game and also great support for the team with teamwide extra boons and conditionremovers.

I use both of them in tpvp and i dont find i sacrifice anything by traiting them or using those runes. Infact both of them support the choice of shouts as main utility and also to choose a more offensive setup on gear and accessories.

Well i disagree that a shout guardian in any form or shape are bad conditionremovers, its a choice the player makes and has no bearing what so ever on the true potential.

If you are into shouts and groupplay its close to criminal to not increase the effect of the shouts with 50% thru purity of voice (one extra boon) and at the same time remove two conditions on the guardian and one on the team.

Its like making a build and having the option to adress an issue but choose not to and then complain over the inability of the class.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)