Save Yourselves

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I’m still low level (32) so thinking of which skills to take next, and was wondering one thing about Save Yourselves. The description says “Draw conditions from nearby allies to yourself. Gain multiple boons for a short duration.”, does that mean that after using it, you suffer from the conditions you took from allies + the boons the skill gives you or just the boons?. Thinking because if it’s the first one then it would be nice to also take Contemplation of Purity that converts conditions into boons for condition heavy fights.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: Scott.7496

Scott.7496

Yes, when you take them off of your allies they will begin ticking on you.

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

Personally i do use save your selves but i dont use the condition removal as i can just use the greatsword combo of symbol of wrath and whirling wrath to purge the conditions saving the skill slot for something else. Now i will admit that the conditions to boons has tempted me from time to time but i like my retreat’s aegis and runspeed buff.

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

You do suffer from the conditions but if you’re not under direct fire you’ll survive them fine with the boons. No need to burn contemplation too unless you’re also being focused.

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: OmegaDestroyer.4782

OmegaDestroyer.4782

I use it and really like it. My favorite memory of Save Yourselves was in Ascalon’s Tomb near a bridge and necromancers. Everyone got hit with fear so I used Save Yourselves. I then proceeded to walk right off a cliff…

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

You do suffer from the conditions but if you’re not under direct fire you’ll survive them fine with the boons. No need to burn contemplation too unless you’re also being focused.

Actually “Save Yourselves!” and Contemplation of Purity was one of my favourite combos as it would get me increased duration or stacks of Boons.

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: Orlando.8192

Orlando.8192

What I find is that Save Yourselves simply grants a bunch of boons to you, the conditions it draws from allies are rarely that big an issue, I’ve never taken onto myself more than I could handle when going around with my dungeon group, and when I’m solo, I basically only get boons, no conditions, so all the better for it.

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Ojimaru.8970

What I find is that Save Yourselves simply grants a bunch of boons to you, the conditions it draws from allies are rarely that big an issue, I’ve never taken onto myself more than I could handle when going around with my dungeon group, and when I’m solo, I basically only get boons, no conditions, so all the better for it.

1. Enter Dynamic Event
  2. Lvl 82 Boss drops poison field
  3. Me feeling heroic
  4. “Save Yourselves!”
  5. Draws in 60 s Poison (i.e. max duration)
  6. Notices all condition removal on CD
  7. Oh kit—-

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

I use it and really like it. My favorite memory of Save Yourselves was in Ascalon’s Tomb near a bridge and necromancers. Everyone got hit with fear so I used Save Yourselves. I then proceeded to walk right off a cliff…

1. Enter Dynamic Event
  2. Lvl 82 Boss drops poison field
  3. Me feeling heroic
  4. “Save Yourselves!”
  5. Draws in 60 s Poison (i.e. max duration)
  6. Notices all condition removal on CD
  7. Oh kit—-

lol. you guys mad me chuckle.
that’s what’s so great about being a Guardian! i’ll have to try this skill some day ; ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: Zizi.7860

Zizi.7860

Save Yourselves is AMAZING. 10.5s of nearly every boon in the game? Heck yes. Just be smart and pay attention to what conditions are landing on people nearby. If you’re fighting Krait and about to yank a dozen stacks of poison, make sure you’ve got something off cooldown to clean it off.

There’s a good reason people who use it call Save Yourselves an ’ I am become death incarnate’ choice.

For added giggles, combine Save Yourselves with the one that converts conditions to boons.

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: Razor.9132

Razor.9132

Save Yourselves is definitely awesome! I remember fighting Tequatl – he feared everyone and I instinctively pressed this amazing skill.. while other people’s fear ended in a few seconds my character kept running toward the wall for 20 seconds, fun, fun, fun.

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: MaximusAwesomus.1784

MaximusAwesomus.1784

Oh thank god I’m not the only one!

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: Sairenkao.6485

Sairenkao.6485

The huge stacking of fear is why I also bring another stun breaking, either Stand your Ground! and Shielded Mind.

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: Bobnintendo.1256

Bobnintendo.1256

Save Yourselves is in my opinion one of the best abilities, both for Group Play, and Solo Play. You get almost EVERY Boon, all for 10! seconds. Some of these, such as Protection, Fury, Vigor and Regeneration are so powerful that most abilities only give you 3 – 5 seconds of them, but Save Yourselves makes them all 10 seconds, and increased Boon Duration from the Virtues tree can make those even longer.

Obviously in Group Play, the drawing conditions is incredible too, see posters above.

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Ojimaru.8970

Ironically, “Save Yourselves” is a Stun Breaker…

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: Krisko.4093

Krisko.4093

Stack Boon Duration → 17~19.5 seconds of boons, glorious boons.

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: Zizi.7860

Zizi.7860

Ironically, “Save Yourselves” is a Stun Breaker…

Yeah, but it breaks before it shifts the conditions. So he broke stun, then stunned the HECK out of himself.

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: VisceralMonkey.6128

VisceralMonkey.6128

It’s an amazing ability. I use it for emergencies to give me lots of umph when fleeing zergs in WvW.

Save Yourselves

in Guardian

Posted by: Shao.7049

Shao.7049

Isn’t it redundant using “Save Yourselves” with “Contemplation of Purity” though? Since SY gives you boons, CP is really just ridding you of the conditions since the boons it applies you’re probably already getting from SY anyway.

Follow the virtues of your heart