Scepter Guardian

Scepter Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Suuns.9203

Suuns.9203

I want to know if scepter is any good for Guardian in PVE? Does it do any good and are there any scepter pve builds? In which situation would Guard use Scepter? If anyone could enlighten me with guardian’s scepter gameplay I would be grateful.

Scepter Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Scepter is the only viable range weapon we have, Staff have some range skills but the AA doesn’t go further than 600 range, but since the projectiles it shoots are so slow most of the times is better to use it in close than in long range. Scepter is also one of the highest DPS weapons we have but in my believe there isn’t a really a PvE build focused only on that weapon. It’s doable althought I think isn’t that much worth because it’s a single target weapon and only smite can hit in a small AOE. But for PvE it’s important to have on allways with you I believe, it helps quite a lot depending on the fight you will have. I use it usually at the boss of CoF P2 when it is to hit the stone. Also in Fractals for some bosses it’s really usuful. Almost every Guardian if not every will use it for the boss at the Giant Fractal.

Basicly you don’t lose anything in having one allways with you, but I wouldn’t use it as a main weapon.

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

Scepter Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Suuns.9203

Suuns.9203

thank you very much and one more question, how about PVP, WvW?

Scepter Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Scepter has longer range as was said. Making it really our only true range weapon. But it’s single target I believe or at least a small splash. The Scepter 2 though is nice, and a fast reuse. Scepter 3 is immobility which is great.

Personally I use my scepter on really only one fight, and 2 if I am in zerk setup. First is the Dredge fractal, at the end with the big golems that you kite around and drop lava on. Then the other would be the boss of HOTW1. Some story modes I swap to range as well, but that’s about it.

If you need range, use scepter, if you don’t, use melee, and staff is nice for mass killing (wide spread AE) and tagging to get credit in zergs, it’s not a true range weapon.

Ohh another use might be the SE dredge tank thing if you range that.

It’s not something i’d have equipped outside fo the specific times you need it.

Scepter Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Gundail.7594

Gundail.7594

It has it’s uses in WvW definitely. It works well for taking down siege, the immobilise is decent and can help you stick to some classes. Use it with the focus normally. The scepter Auto attack moves slowly so smart players will sidestep them, the trade off is they hit reasonably hard for a ranged attack and connecting shots will hurt but, it’s none too bursty.

In SPvP it’s not as useful, due to the close quarters of combat melee weapons just flat out dps it.

Gundent
Charr Warguardmeznecrotheifrangergineer
[ETA]-HoD or wherever Mega-server-blob who cares anymore?

Scepter Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Scepter can be quite useful in a zerk meditation build. Especially if combined with a focus for doing Focus 5/JI/Smite bombs in which you switch to something like GS for pull so they stay in smite.

Best? Not always, but it does have uses. As said, it’s the only real answer we have to wall defenders/siege.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Scepter Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I just went ahead and made a sceptor sPvP build to counteract people just trying to kite me.

working pretty good so far.

Scepter Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

Sepdurr gardeehan is here to own newbs and chew gum.

And he’s all outta newbs.

lip smacking chewing noises

Scepter Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Scepter is also one of the highest DPS weapons we have but in my believe there isn’t a really a PvE build focused only on that weapon.

Scepter has massive DPS when three conditions are met:
1. Single target. For multiple targets, the weapon is effectively worthless as its DPS does not scale at all.
2. Giant hitbox (as big as #2). Otherwise not all Smite hits will connect, lowering DPS by a lot.
3. Crit-able target.
You can think about how often you’ll find targets that meet all those conditions and then consider why there is no scepter build (except Nemesis’s epic fail). Sword, greatsword and hammer are virtually always superior by a large margin, making the scepter an absolute niche weapon for the extremely few fights where a ranged weapon is favourable or when your group absolutely sucks.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Scepter Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

[..]

4. Doesn’t move. (Sometimes applies to PvE)

Scepter Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

thank you very much and one more question, how about PVP, WvW?

Never really used it in WvW, I let siege for those with better range options. In sPvP when I play bunker I use scepter in the Legacy of the Foefire because the midle point is so big ppl when alone usually just kite it and so with scepter I’ll get few hits and I can imobilize them. Other than that map I don’t much of an use for it

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant