Searing Flames

Searing Flames

in Guardian

Posted by: Asquared.4091

Asquared.4091

Q:

I’m fairly new to Guardian, so I’m playing around with different traits and builds, kind of a “throw it at the wall and see what sticks” deal. At any rate, I came across the Searing Flames trait in the Radiance line and I’m a little unclear on how it works. I haven’t been able to find much clear info on this trait so far.

Description: When you apply burning to a foe, remove a boon. This effect can only trigger once every 20 seconds.

Now, does this mean literally one and only one foe, for a 20 second cooldown, period? Or say I have Permeating Wrath, so I’m getting an aoe burn on 5 different enemies at once; does this mean that it will remove a boon on each one? If it’s the former, it seems like a waste of time, but the latter scenario may make it somewhat useful.

[RAGE]

Searing Flames

in Guardian

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

A:

I believe that it is the latter. Once the trait removes a boon it goes into cool down. So it will not be an AOE boon removal. Or in other words it will only remove one boon per 20 seconds.

Searing Flames

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It’s just one as the post above has stated. It could be a really good trait if the CD wasn’t so long.

I was thinking about using Searing Flame and Sigil of Nullification, but I never really get around to it. :P

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Searing Flames

in Guardian

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I wish it is anything like the GW1 searing flames.

Oceanic [LOD]