Season 6 Ranked PVP Builds you are using

in Guardian

Posted by: Devilman.1532

Devilman.1532

Fellow Guardians,

So what are you folks tending to run for this season? Let us share our knowledge to mutual benefit. Is everyone running Meditrapper or Symbolic? Variants or the two? I personally am running Symbolic but with a longbow for range in the secondary slot. I find it works quite well as it did last season.

So what are my fellow ranked Guardians running? Also tips? Tricks? Lets share knowledge

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

If I was going to bother with pvp this season, I’d be running my Burn DH build that I ran last season. Both of the nerfs that happened do not effect how it plays at all so I’d expect the same performance as Season 5 (got to 1720).

But that’s if I was going to bother with pvp that is. As a main PvEer that PvPs for mostly the rewards (and crushing dreams), I see no point to play beyond maybe getting 9 wins on a Rev and 10 wins on a Necro for my achievements.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Since i dont care about metas or rewards or even gw2 dumb pvp i might play pvp with a burn SW guard, i think it will be great to see my team mates panicking and quitting matches.

i might as well start play with offline communications >:)

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Devilman.1532

Thank you for both of your absolutely pointless replies. Burn DH in ranked lol….

in Guardian

Azoqu.8917

Thank you for both of your absolutely pointless replies. Burn DH in ranked lol….

Well I almost made top 250 with it (was going to push the last 50 points on the Monday but Anet ended the season super early that day). So you can laugh all you want but I was only 2 wins off making leader board. But I’m a lazy scrubby PvEer who only got the last chest once and then only PvP’d once every 3 days to keep my rating.

in Guardian

Devilman.1532

of course you did.. lol

in Guardian

Posted by: Red Raven.7824

Red Raven.7824

I’m running GS,Sw/F

Ashkandhi Champion Legionnaire
Skull n’ Bones sPvP Build
BLACKGATE BEST GATE

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

The Meditrapper build… I hate using the word Meditrapper lol

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Devilman.1532

I’m running GS,Sw/F

So Red how are you finding that is working out?

in Guardian

Devilman.1532

LOL me too the build needs a new name really… you suing the pure meta version of it? As I said I’m using a LB in secondary instead of SW/Sh and I find it to be excellent..

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

LOL me too the build needs a new name really… you suing the pure meta version of it? As I said I’m using a LB in secondary instead of SW/Sh and I find it to be excellent..

yup the pure meta version

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Red Raven.7824

Red Raven.7824

I’m running GS,Sw/F

So Red how are you finding that is working out?

Add me in game and I’ll show you.

Sorry if I sound direct, it’s just easier to explain in game.

As for how it’s working out, it’s working really well.

Ashkandhi Champion Legionnaire
Skull n’ Bones sPvP Build
BLACKGATE BEST GATE

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

There’s at least 1 burn DH build that is Gold/Plat material. I’ve won my last 3 games with it, I plan on running it more in queue. It’s just a change in pace from the boring meditrapper meta.

Other than that… I use the MediTrapper meta… LB Sw/Focus, ToF/Judges/Smite etc.

Placements landed me in Gold T3 on meta DH, i’ll hit Plat T2 before the seasons up.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Well, I don’t play DH/Guard in PvP(Guard is my main but I don’t want to be associated with the cheese club) but if I did, I would play a burn build.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Guardian

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

burn is bad and useless above (and probably in) gold tier. drives me insane when my teammates are burn and I bm’d falselights the other day for throwing a game playing it. though I think we still won that one.

Darek.1836

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

burn is bad and useless above (and probably in) gold tier. drives me insane when my teammates are burn and I bm’d falselights the other day for throwing a game playing it. though I think we still won that one.

What do you think of shield vs. focus?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

Everyone says shield is good and it may be if guardian never has to 1v1. I personally always run focus with lb because you’re always going to be 1v1ing in this meta. The instant block is very good for a pseudo stun-breaker as well as allowing trade damage that favors you. Using shield is more offensive but imo forces you to use cds at inopportune times just for a knock back. I think cd management is the most important thing for guardians and therefore run focus.

Darek.1836

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

Everyone says shield is good and it may be if guardian never has to 1v1. I personally always run focus with lb because you’re always going to be 1v1ing in this meta. The instant block is very good for a pseudo stun-breaker as well as allowing trade damage that favors you. Using shield is more offensive but imo forces you to use cds at inopportune times just for a knock back. I think cd management is the most important thing for guardians and therefore run focus.

Thanks. You’re always spot on. I’ll work on getting better with focus…

You should upload videos more frequently

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Kerivek.5740

Kerivek.5740

I’m curious what is it about burn that makes it so unviable in your eyes. What area(s) do you find it to be so lacking in? Also are you just running the completely standard meta build with LB – Sw/F this season or have you made any adjustments to traits/abilities?

in Guardian

Posted by: Spicy.2481

Spicy.2481

I’m curious what is it about burn that makes it so unviable in your eyes. What area(s) do you find it to be so lacking in? Also are you just running the completely standard meta build with LB – Sw/F this season or have you made any adjustments to traits/abilities?

Wanna know why burn guard isn’t that good? It’s a one trick pony. Every class has atleast little condiclear and guardians don’t inflict much other conditions(that would cover for the damaging conditions to not be cleared) so the burning is pretty easy to clear. That’s why it only works in lower tiers of play and not upwards from gold. Every other condispec currently that is viable in higher tiers has loads of different condis that they can inflict pretty much on demand. So tldr; burnbuild is too easy to counter with condition clears.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Wanna know why burn guard isn’t that good? It’s a one trick pony. Every class has atleast little condiclear and guardians don’t inflict much other conditions(that would cover for the damaging conditions to not be cleared) so the burning is pretty easy to clear. That’s why it only works in lower tiers of play and not upwards from gold. Every other condispec currently that is viable in higher tiers has loads of different condis that they can inflict pretty much on demand. So tldr; burnbuild is too easy to counter with condition clears.

Pretty much this ^
Condi builds are generally considered a joke in the upper tiers. That said I went from Gold T2 to Plat with the condi build i’m using. I’m trying to see how high it’ll take me.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

condi guard is useful for 1 situation and 1 situation only:

cleaving vs a downed body or vs cleaving enemies grouped around a downed teammate.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Guardian

Azoqu.8917

cleaving vs a downed body or vs cleaving enemies grouped around a downed teammate.

And since a lot of games are practically decided in the first opening skirmish at middle, the amount of burn cleave a guardian puts out can decide a match-up against some opponents. And burn DH does have 2 cover conditions: vulnerability and cripple.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

And since a lot of games are practically decided in the first opening skirmish at middle, the amount of burn cleave a guardian puts out can decide a match-up against some opponents. And burn DH does have 2 cover conditions: vulnerability and cripple.

Not including Bleed Sigil every 2 seconds and Poison/Torment/Vulnerability every 2s/5s/10s respectively.

Burn Guard can melt Rangers, Necros, & Revs.
Mes/Engi are the neutral w/e classes
War/DH/Ele combo are potentially the counter classes on point

Thieves are a hit or miss. Thieves like Anonymous will counter you (or anyone..) while other bad thieves can simply be ignored as they’ll die from aoe.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Azoqu.8917

Thieves are a hit or miss. Thieves like Anonymous will counter you (or anyone..) while other bad thieves can simply be ignored as they’ll die from aoe.

I can not count how many times a bad thief has +1 against me and been downed before the person i was fighting got downed. Normally they help down the other person because you can cleave and increase your damage exponentially. Permeating Wrath is such an awkward trait, being both awesome and horrible at the same time, that your killing power fluctuates throughout the match. 1v1 you can easily get stomped, but in team fights or even being outnumbered your damage goes through the roof and you can just destroy people in seconds.