Shelter category

Shelter category

in Guardian

Posted by: OanSur.4590

OanSur.4590

Healing breeze will be now shout, but no info about shelter. Any1 got any idea?
My guess would be consecration skill.

Shelter category

in Guardian

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Consecrations and spirit weapons are the only available options at the moment.

I would opt for spirit weapon since it summons a shield to shield you.

However, it would actually be nice if there was a proper spirit weapon healing skill (like if the bow was changed to be a heal skill and a new utility replaced it).

It doesn’t fit a consecration that well because it doesn’t do what consecrations do. That is, it doesn’t provide some kind of AoE supportive effect around the guardian. Wall of reflection, sanctuary, hallowed ground, and purging flames all cause some kind of ground effect with a field that can be used. Shelter just doesn’t do that.

Since they couldn’t properly fit it into a category without drastically changing the functionality, I believe that’s why they’ve left it, especially since it’s still in a Good Spot™.

The only way it’ll ever be classified as one of those skills is if it properly represents the functionality of those utility lines. OR at least that was the implication Grouch gave in that post.

Shelter category

in Guardian

Posted by: Nevz.3058

Nevz.3058

Grouch told me that Shelter will not be getting categorized, it will be left as it is. The Dev team doesn’t like the Guardian class for multiple reasons. </3 #nolove

Apex Prime [APeX] (dead), Critical Mass [CM] (dead)
The Disaster [TheD] (dead), Baewatch [Bae] (dead)

Shelter category

in Guardian

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

“Shelter will not be getting a skill category. It would probably need to be adjusted in someway if we did do it – and it’s fine where it is right now.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/June-23-Specialization-Changes/5149118

Shelter category

in Guardian

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Turn Shelter into a Meditation; it should have been one in the first place, but whatever. Turn Litany of Wrath into a Consecration and have its functionality changed to account for it being one.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Shelter category

in Guardian

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Shelter isnt getting a catagory because it works off the block mechanic which is in several lines for the guardian. Its powerful enough the way it is. Heck most medi guards use it over LoW (not myself tho. And stop trying to turn my LoW into a consecration)

Shelter category

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

WOW. Just wow. I’m speechless.

Does any other class will keep skills unassigned? Or just us? They must be joking. A really bad joke, considering all Guardian changes (nerfs).

Sorry for my english.

Shelter category

in Guardian

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

wow u guardians need to look what happened to necromancer’s consume conditions. we much rather our heal remains unassigned, the entire necromancer forum is screaming for revert

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

Shelter category

in Guardian

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Makes sense for it to be a Signet.

passive adds procs resistance or fury.
and active heals and blocks..

problem solved….

Shelter category

in Guardian

Posted by: OanSur.4590

OanSur.4590

It doesn’t fit a consecration that well because it doesn’t do what consecrations do. That is, it doesn’t provide some kind of AoE supportive effect around the guardian

From wiki:

Anomaly: Although unlisted in the skill description, Shelter counts as a light field for the duration, and slightly afterwards.

So its actually is kinda aoe xD
But seriously, make a little bigger block radius (lets say like Whirling Wrath – 130) and its done. Now that you cant trait it to be ground targeting (cause its the baseline) just make it an exception in consecration instead of “no category. because reasons”