Shelved my Guardian

Shelved my Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

You are the grumpiest person on the Guardian forums. It sounds more like you’re just not having fun anymore, which is fine. But it’s not like stomping around ever got any of the other classes their changes any faster.

Don’t be grumpy though! It’s not good for you!

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Shelved my Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

So many fall to the inevitable MMO development cycle. They don’t wait to see what’s around the next corner.

Shelved my Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I don’t know. Breaks are nice. I originally played a necro and frustrated, tried other classes. When the necro buffs and they got fixed, my necro was still there and it was a good experience. Balance is not an easy thing, and takes time. Nobody can predict metagame evolution.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Shelved my Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Breaks are good. I took one during the summer. However I know how frustrating playing Guard is at the moment. We pretty much are being focused into certain builds, and the current meta is bad atm. In spite of that the best thing to do is adapt and overcome.

So don’t quit, just take a break. Hopefully the balance patch on the 15th has some interesting changes!

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Shelved my Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Hostility.4961

Hostility.4961

Not shelved mine yet but i can say it aint fun to play it and i feel ya mate.

Shelved my Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I wouldn’t say grumpy, that isn’t really fair. Speaking my own opinion it really depends on the play style has to why you play GW2 to begin with. If it is for PvP or WvW then yeah, it looks like it is the dour hour indeed and time to move on. If it is either of the two plus PvE then you are set for a while longer and GW2 is the Bee’s Knee’s.

Coming at it only from a WvW point of view, which is all I really care about, it is dead for the most part. I’ve played it since head start and saw a huge potential. Patch after patch it just never took off. I can’t speak what the overall GW2 population is that makes up WvW players, but there really is no reason to play it outside of fun. And there is only so much fun you can have over time before you get bored.

1. No source of leaderboard represents single, solo, or small group play
2. No captures, held, siege used, kills by player, by class, by guild, etc
3. New map is a start but solo/group focus due to decay time means you get no bags/loot
4. Zergs rule for the most part
5. Ladder match up doesn’t make sense see #4 above
6. Claiming keeps don’t yield anything, no warning from guards, no bonus exp or cash or magic find for guild claiming
7. Jump puzzle inside is wasted, removed siege placement, no extra exp, loot, crafting mats for locking others out, can’t farm animals/creatures/mats

There are just a few issues. I won’t even go into the guardian issues because one can almost ignore that and still see the fundamental flaw in WvW. No real incentive to do it. PvE has received all the love and we have none.

The only good news in closing is that you can step away, pay no monthly fee, and come back whenever you want. Just hope that Arena Net doesn’t add another tier of gear to grind like they did with Ascended Armor they say is due out in 2014….

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Shelved my Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I hope they do add another tier of gear because then there will be something to work for.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Shelved my Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

can’t see your OP, Amins. makes me sad to see you go. though, seems you might only be taking a break. hopefully in the near future, the game and the Guardian will entice you to come back! and gives us that are sticking around something to be even more excited about.

your videos definitely contributed to where i stand as a Guardian in gw2 now.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Shelved my Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

I can certainly understand the frustration – most of my recent time in WvW has been with my guardian, and the condition ‘issue’ has been problematic from time to time. Though in our case, we’re more frustrated in trying to find a quiet spot to cap something and not get zerged. :-p

I have been considering going back to my first character – an engineer – and giving him another shot in WvW. That class, though lower in max damage, has slowly begun to have its role expanded beyond grenades (which I cannot do for RSI reasons). Plus he’s more of a ‘back-line’ role, which I’m a lot more comfortable doing in larger groups.

Certainly not shelving the guardian though – he’s my main go-to for Fractals and Dungeons (including three Arah paths so far). Also fun to use in certain boss fights like Jormag – one of the few times I pull out the hammer and just go wild with it. If anything I’d like to see more situations (in all cases) that make Shield better than Focus, so I could carry one again regularly. I have even considered getting Commander on him, to use as an extra tag during Guild Missions (but the Soulbound nature of it, for that cost, makes me hesitate).

The question then becomes what happens to him later on; Will he specialize toward PvE, like I prefer to do with certain characters? Time will tell. I played Eve Online for three years, and know that the Meta will flow and ebb as time passes. I’m fine with that (and utterly happy that I get to keep my stuff on death!).

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

(edited by Sungak Alkandenes.1369)

Shelved my Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Weird, I’m thinking of ditching my necro, and throwing more love at my guard alt.

Shelved my Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Weird, I’m thinking of ditching my necro, and throwing more love at my guard alt.

Guardians are fun to level. Open beta and head start I was leveling a Elementalist then on a whim changed to a Guardian and had a blast…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)