Shield of Courage error?

Shield of Courage error?

in Guardian

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I just want to know if this skill supposed to be instant or have a cast time.
It doesn’t show on the tool tip.
I recently had a duel with a ranger and I was actually interrupted mid-cast…

This some sort of tool tip error or a bug and the skill is supposed to be instant?

Devona’s Rest

Shield of Courage error?

in Guardian

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

it could be either, ive submitted a report to the bug forum some time ago but its been lost to the multitude of new posts.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Shield of Courage error?

in Guardian

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

It’s an instant cast stun break if traited for it, but appears to have a cast time for the actual shield proportion that can be interrupted. It’s a very clunky setup.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

Shield of Courage error?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

There’s a tooltip bug where the cast time doesn’t Sisley unless… you have the Virtues line also? Something like that. Basically it’s just a display error. Mechanically it’s working correctly.

Fishsticks

Shield of Courage error?

in Guardian

Posted by: hotcarl.8621

hotcarl.8621

It’s an instant cast stun break if traited for it, but appears to have a cast time for the actual shield proportion that can be interrupted. It’s a very clunky setup.

And if the shield is interrupted, the stability/protection you’d get from the traits are cancelled, just like with wings of resolve (and the traited regen/condi clear). Except WoR has a cast time.

Furthermore, if SoC doesn’t have a cast time, why can’t I cast it mid-stomp or mid-rez? If there is a cast time, then Anet needs to update the tooltip to reflect this and make sure that stability is immediately applied when breaking the stun, and not when the shield is cast. Having a stunbreak that applies stability, and yet repeatedly gets interrupted, is so counter-intuitive it makes me cringe…

Lately, I am too wary to even use SoC as a stunbreak out of fear that I will be CC’d right out of it.

Shield of Courage error?

in Guardian

Posted by: hotcarl.8621

hotcarl.8621

Sorry for the old bump, but I haven’t seen any newer posts addressing this and I want to know what is going on.

Shield of Courage error?

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

As it is now the skill can be interrupted (due to random chance) and you miss out on the boons and the shield AND the skill goes on full cd. Very bad setup if you ask me.

Imo, the best short term solution is to give 3/4s stability that starts upon casting it so that it’s less likely to be interrupted. This skill should really be an instant cast stun break, stab, and courage, but lock you into a 1/4s cast time before the shield pops up.

Shield of Courage error?

in Guardian

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

f2 and f3 keys are broken, it is a fact, f2 healing sometimes doesn’t give heal, and f3 u have to press it like 3 times, that’s loosing lots of seconds!

Shield of Courage error?

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

add evades to f2, proc f3 insta