Should I Main Guardian

Should I Main Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Reclaimermaster.4107

Reclaimermaster.4107

Q:

When I first saw the professions for guild wars 2 I wanted to role guardian. I like being able to hold my own and buff my teammates. However I reconsidered playing the guardian after seeing so many others playing guardian. I have played ranger almost since I first got the game in September. I have a lot of play time and enjoy the ranger but I always want to go make a guardian. Should I make a guardian? I feel that because so many people play as guardian I won’t offer much help to other players. I would like to know what others think. Should I role guardian like I first wanted to when I got the game?

(Main) Ranger: Natura Lupus 80 (1300 Hrs)
Hours Played: 3000

(edited by Reclaimermaster.4107)

Should I Main Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

A:

I don’t understand why you won’t play a profession you like just because of how many others play it. Maybe it’s a habit that comes from other MMOs. For example, if there’s too many healers in other MMOs there’s no point in starting a party as you pretty much can’t do anything but heal each other. The old tank-healer-DPS trinity doesn’t exist in GW2, and any party comp can clear any content. I’ve ran with many multi-guardian teams just fine for dungeons.

With many guardians on your team, your team’s boons won’t overwrite each other, but instead, they stack together. Some of the advantages to having a multiple guardian team is that it has high durability, high anti-projectile uptime, high boon uptime, and easy access to condition removal.

TLDR: GW2 is a game where you can enjoy playing your favorite profession and not be selfish like in some other MMOs. The experience varies based on the type of people you play with, but you can choose your groups.

Should I Main Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Curtis.1562

Curtis.1562

As a guardian…“I won’t offer much help to other players” is completely inconceivable. Guardians are one of the highest valued classes in all game modes. You can’t go wrong.

Should I Main Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Multiple guardians can easily support each other, since you guys have stuff like cooldowns and can’t pick every skill anyways. It’s not like condition builds where it’s capped.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Should I Main Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

if you like it, go for it.

why should you care about any other reasons?

Should I Main Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

With many guardians on your team, your team’s boons won’t overwrite each other, but instead, they stack together.

To me, this is one of the best design choices in the entire game. Now, if only condition caps would be adjusted (I understand why they exist, so I wouldn’t suggest they be removed, just adjusted some…)

Should I Main Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I played a Asura Elementalist all throughout beta’s. I had a blast and found the little fella’s to be so much fun.

Early head start and launch. I rolled a Human Guardian.

Never played one before nor had any interest. However, something upon that initial login made me do it. No, it wasn’t Elvis telling me what to do but something made me click the race and class. I’ve honestly never thought twice about it and I still play today.

Last night was doing some WvWvW out in the eternal battleground. We had a diversion going on whereas a group of us are fighting around Langor and got pushed back to the supply camp. They had a mass of people between the enterence of the supply camp backing up to the bridge before the tower. Someone said we need to push forward and no one listened. I said to heck with this, swapped to staff/mace/shield and charged.

AOE staff, speed, line of warding, wall of reflection, orbs ablaze and then enemy said WTF and turned and burned. I made it mid way through the bridge and did a few shouts to those crazy enough to follow. I swapped to shield, queued up #3 mace, #2 mace, then shield #5 and people flew off the bridge like lemmings off a cliff. After the shock and awe of my crazy charge they enemy regrouped back at their tower, built some siege, and started to charge back. I turned and burned it back, getting a key warding planted that they couldn’t cross allowing me to get away back to friends.

Our force countered and a few other guardians caught on and before you know it we pushed them back to Langor and finally took it. It was tough though and a fight that went back and forth. Badges and loot bags fell out of the sky like skittles I tell you.

However, I could have never done that on a elementalist. I had a metric ton of fun and felt I actually played a key role. Has crazy has it sounds the class, any class for that matter, is only has fun as the person behind the keyboard in the end. Play what you will but play if you have the time.

GW2 is a fun game regardless of its quirks.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)