Shout / Dps / Tank Guardian aka "Defender"

in Guardian

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

So i’m the sort of guy that likes to help my teamates AND be able to get stuff done on my own, This build is a hybrid of a dps/support/tank.

The idea is your utilties are used to buff you and your allies, you will always be constantly buffed, you can also use all your shouts and virtues at once if you wish to run into a zerg and unleash some pain, then using renewed focus and again your traited virtues to escape.

This is just one way you can use your massive buffs, if your in a long battle and want to sustain your position for a while then perhaps using buffs one by one , or two by two may be better.

If you want spike damage use ray of judgement, then flashing blade in, and then use your traited virtue of justice, what this does is stacks 15 stacks of vulnerability on your selected target as each blind (you did 3) gives them more vulnerability, youe virtue of justice gives you might aswell as blinds and puts vulnerability,

BUT THEIRS MORE
Your traited so you do more damage to thngs under conditions so ontop of your MIGHT from virtues and your TRAITED MIGHT PROC ON CRIT (plus sigil of strength for more might proc on crit x2) AND YOUR 15 STACKS OF VULN you do 10 percent more damage to things that have a condition on them, your virute of justice applies burning, you then use your number 3 sword burst skill after you flashing bladed in you use your number 3 sword burst skill zealots defence.
Before you flashing blade in i would recomend using (traited) virtue of resovle and virute of courage, just for added protection and since your probably going to want to use renwed focus after the burst.

*Your Skill Rotation usually should look somthing like this:

[Optional: use Staff skill: Empower before you pop off ray of judgement]

Ray of judgement, flashing blade into target, use virtue of judgement, pop off save yourselves use zealots defence.

these chain should : give about 19 stacks of vulnerability, give you 15-25 stacks of might (depending on how well your 56 %chance to crit plays out, and if you use the staff skill empowering might before hand)

then you can either use renewed focus and apply ANOTHER burning and might giver
and then use virtue of resolve and virtue of courage to stay in the battle or use your defensive virtues to help you escape.

Now you can choose to use all your defensive shouts before you flashing blade in or save them for after, or do some before some after, your defensive abilities alow you to do this into enemy zergs,

Your damage skills are almost only your weapon skills, but man with 1 hand sword and 1 hand strength your going to have 41 plus 15 (R.H.S) so you have 56 crit chance with about 50 crit damage , plus a boatload of power, your damage should be exelent while still having 17k hp and 2800 armor.

Gw2 is all about hybrid builds, this build works just as good by itself as it does with others, theirs ONE weakness that im working on and can sort of be supplemented with a ice sigil in your weapon, which is catching targets. With Flashing blade and your high damage, plus using the staff speed buff, its not always too bad and i usually can catch the people.

Although look at it this way, if you have people always running away from you, your doing somthing right.

(edited by Blissified.8369)

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

Build Editor Link

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAsdWlYgqCnFyvDfIFRWhVa9AgH0fYKwI8vKQRA

(You may have to copy & paste link into your browser instead of clicking the link; if you get an error.)

Notes

I switch stand your ground out sometimes for; Retreat, if im just running in WvW, Sometimes Wall of Reflection too, when i want to use wall of reflection i sometimes also change my virtue 10 trait to concecrations ground target, sometimes i even change it to “Retalitory subconscious” which gives Ret. When knocked down,stunned,imobalized.

Your Virtue 10 trait slot is very situational and your number 7 Utility slot is also situational and i switch it around a lot, although in pve and general wvw i tend to keep it as Stand Your Ground.

Items

Armor: All power toughness vitality a.c gear stats with ruby orbs
Trinkets: Mix of power / precision / toughness and power/ vit/ crit damage with a mix of 2 exquisite emeralds and 2 exquisite beryl jewels, i use 1 ancient karka shell for some healing power, but all this doesn’t need to be exact, for maximum efficiency or if you’re confused, just try to get the stats i post below as they are optimal:

Stats

Power 1912
Precision 1685
Toughness 1551
Vitality 1521

Attack 2853
Crit Chance 41% *(+ Right hand str which = 56% Crit Chance)
Crit Dmg 50
Armor 2800
Health 16 900

Weapons
1 hand sword with Power Prec Toughness + Sigil of strength (for more might on crit)
Focus with Power Prec Crit + Sigil of force (although im experimenting with sigil of frost)

Staff with Power Prec Toughness + Sigil of energy (use sigil of energy when escaping / mitigating damage, basicly its an extra damage mitigation skill and panic skill to use to your advantage)

The only weakness so far to the class is a player who can debuff all your buffs or outrun you, now if using your staff swiftness kill, flashing blade and stand your ground you you should be able to get your full burst rotation off, which will take a decent chunk of hp, then you have 10 seconds until your next flashing blade, if your foe is fleeing i would switch to staff use swiftness skill chase them until the 10 second recharge on flashing blade is up and repeat your burst rotation.

Try to use a similair technique for escaping, you WILL have problems escaping some enemies but your best bet is not to get into a situation where you have to escape in the first place, a lot of times if your outnumbered by a small ammount your better off staying and fighting and have a better chance to win if you do just that, then running away while they slowly pick you off.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I’d recommend switching out the staff with the greatsword, just because how Leap of Faith is working atm. It multiples vulnerability for every person that gets blind. So if you jump into a group of five people, they each get 15 stacks of vulnerability.

Don’t know if this is a bug, but Anet been quiet about it.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

in Guardian

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

My main concern with this build is how little condition removal you have. Since you aren’t running pure of voice or rune of the soldier you have no active condition removal and only 1 per 10 seconds of passive removal.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Guardian

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Yes i love dodging out of zealot defense spamming whirl of wrath on the likes of you with my 3400 armor bunkered guardian ^^

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

Condition removal hasn’t been to much of a problem honestly, you just reminded me that is my other weakness but i use this build for pve / dungeons / wvw and honestly my signit ALONG with all my heals is enough to offset conditions just pop all your some regeneration utility skills (your virtues give u this also) and use regen to offset conditions long enough for them to be removed.

Most people arnt soley applying conditions to only me in WvW, when i go into pvp WHICH THIS BUILD ISN’T TESTED IN AT ALL. I may have to modify my condition removal,

but so far you have your staff empower move to heal loss dmg, save yourself/hold the line/Focus ray of light to offset conditions with regen, two of your virtues give you some sort of heal and or regen, and you can dodge to heal, using these in wvw / dungeons / pvp is enough to last 10 seconds without losing to much life while your signit auto removes conditions, plus with 17k hp your not that soft against DoT type attacks.

EDIT: So for wvw i find i got just enough condition removal with 17k hp and a kitten load of healz (lol i just type kitten now) im fine.

I dont pvp since pvp completely negates my hard work for my armor and seperates the community into 2 and breaks immersion, no if i want small scale pvp ill just pvp in wvw in small skrimish areas like jumpin puzzle,

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

Yes i love dodging out of zealot defense spamming whirl of wrath on the likes of you with my 3400 armor bunkered guardian ^^

And i love dodging out of ur whirling wrath while i tank your damage since im tanky enough to not have to worry about a bunker build trying to kill me, but with my 2-4k dmg auto attacks (4.5k when i got 20stacks of might and even more when i get my 19 stacks of invuln on you WHICH I WILL DO) 15-25k damage bursts, YOU DO have to be worried about me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

I run 2 shouts (SYG and HtL) with soldier runes and pure of voice, plus signet of resolve and purity and I still wish I had more condition removal in hectic WvW fights. It’s not the DoTs that are going to kill you, it’s the immobilize and chill that are the biggest pita

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Guardian

Ravenmoon.5318

And i love dodging out of ur whirling wrath while i tank your damage since im tanky enough to not have to worry about a bunker build trying to kill me, but with my 2-4k dmg auto attacks (4.5k when i got 20stacks of might and even more when i get my 19 stacks of invuln on you WHICH I WILL DO) 15-25k damage bursts, YOU DO have to be worried about me.

You can’t possibly claim and believe that single sword has better damage burst than GS. If you do, I’ll really add your thread to my list of “never come back”. Fact is, I can move while I’m whirling, you can’t while you are in zealot defense, enough said. Not to mention that your third normal attack is quite buggy if your target is walking around you. Also, alone you can never meet 20 stack of might alone, even with the 12 staff stacks. 15-20k damage burst … so what, you like … 1-shot people? Oh excuse me oh great one

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

The sword has better single target burst, while the GS is more AoE. Zealot’s Defense also blocks ranged attacks.

Also it’s possible to get to 20 stacks of might alone with the right traits, runes, and sigils. Shelter w/Might of the Protector alone can get you +10 if you use it at the right time.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

You can’t possibly claim and believe that single sword has better damage burst than GS. If you do, I’ll really add your thread to my list of “never come back”. Fact is, I can move while I’m whirling, you can’t while you are in zealot defense, enough said. Not to mention that your third normal attack is quite buggy if your target is walking around you. Also, alone you can never meet 20 stack of might alone, even with the 12 staff stacks. 15-20k damage burst … so what, you like … 1-shot people? Oh excuse me oh great one

I’m with Raven on this one. The Greatsword would be a better option for this build. There’s no possible way you could surpass the greatsword in damage even with 20+ stacks of might, which, I doubt you could get very easily. There’s nothing wrong with the build, except if you want to go for damage, then go for the Greatsword. I personally use this build in dungeons along with the 0/15/30/20/5 build to give the boons a little extra power and duration while, at the same time, giving allies a boost in power and stability as well. I would not, however, recommend this build for PvP.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

The sword has better single target burst, while the GS is more AoE. Zealot’s Defense also blocks ranged attacks.

Also it’s possible to get to 20 stacks of might alone with the right traits, runes, and sigils. Shelter w/Might of the Protector alone can get you +10 if you use it at the right time.

Thanks for telling him the facts, beat me to it.

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

Focus gives me added surviability and 1 hand strength gives me plus 15 crit chance. The 1hand sword does more damage then the greatsword as far as single target damage is concerned, And in my experince stacks might even faster with the might trait and sigil of strength since attack number 3 hits 3 times and often crits 3 times, although the dumb internal cooldown is a pain.

After the fact that 1hand sword does more damage, the fact that i have ANOTHER blind that also adds vulnerability with focus ray of light skill plus flashing blade that blinds and add vulnerability, and the right hand strength which allows me to stack even more power with out having to worry about my crit chance being low,
theirs just no competition between sword and greatsword for this build.

Not to mention EVERYONE uses the greatsword and its getting rediculess

this build works great for wvw i don’t play other types of pvp so can’t comfirm their.

You guys saying greatsword would be better for a damage build need to look at the numbers which show greatsword is the highest single target damage dealer and fully read my build guide which states its about applying vulnerability for max damage, sword / focus combo has TWO blinds which both also stack vulnerability when traited.

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

Zealots defence is half a second of an attack, plus it blocks projectiles and its pretty easy to get 20 stacks of might, if actually read my whole thread, i tell you how to get 20 stacks of might.

I will make a video if we have other naysayers here you just need to be traited right and use the right sigils and skills.

Also i zealots defence isn’t 1 shot its a rapid attack of a bunch that adds up to the damage, and it takes A LOT of pre-planning to get the 15-20k damage and the 20k damage is only on soft targets without a lot of armor.

You obvoisly have no idea what your talking about claiming the sword isn’t good at burst dps and the number 3 skill has never been buggy for me infact its great at hitting targets that are out of normal melee range.

Add this to your “list of never come back thread” no one here wants someone who flames and talks about stuff they have no clue about.
Don’t come back i don’ t want you here? you obvs

in Guardian

Ravenmoon.5318

yes please tell me hw you hit with the third hit if i move through you and get behind, im very curious. Not to metion that I gave my armor as an example and you still kept talking about 15-20k dmg nonsense xD and now you tell me that you do that to pitty mesmers and elementalists. Or glass cannons. I’m sorry but this build has nothing interesting in it, I wish you best of luck in this game, and I hope you don’t emoquit if you meet a properly built GS guardi or hammer guardi in that regard

PS: Also some dude around here (forums) had tested the single target sword gs and hammer damage, and sword came on top with so little damage bonus, that it doesn’t matter. I wouldn’t call that better DPS at single target. I guess its mainly by the third attack because it makes a projectile like triple shot, but its extremely hard to land all 3 on a moving target, so c:

PS2: I also do some sPvP and I’ve never seen sword guardian there. So either you are somekind of genius and all the sPvPers are stupid, or there is something fishy about your build that you are not telling maybe because of pride or ego, i dont know, quite frankly i dont care ^^

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in Guardian

Ravenmoon.5318

Hehe sorry for the double post but this couldn’t have been timed better
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-Sword-skills

xD

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

yes please tell me hw you hit with the third hit if i move through you and get behind, im very curious. Not to metion that I gave my armor as an example and you still kept talking about 15-20k dmg nonsense xD and now you tell me that you do that to pitty mesmers and elementalists. Or glass cannons. I’m sorry but this build has nothing interesting in it, I wish you best of luck in this game, and I hope you don’t emoquit if you meet a properly built GS guardi or hammer guardi in that regard

PS: Also some dude around here (forums) had tested the single target sword gs and hammer damage, and sword came on top with so little damage bonus, that it doesn’t matter. I wouldn’t call that better DPS at single target. I guess its mainly by the third attack because it makes a projectile like triple shot, but its extremely hard to land all 3 on a moving target, so c:

PS2: I also do some sPvP and I’ve never seen sword guardian there. So either you are somekind of genius and all the sPvPers are stupid, or there is something fishy about your build that you are not telling maybe because of pride or ego, i dont know, quite frankly i dont care ^^

“Either your some kind of genius or Spvpers are stupid”

If you would actually read what i said, i don’t use this build for spvp, also most spvpers use flavor of the month builds, hence why not every spvper is a pro spvper.

If you don’t like the build good for you, i never said sword was better then greatsword, for this build it is in my opinion.

Also i do just fine with the build and have a high kill to death ratio, and i have tried every flavor of the month guardian build plus ive made a bunch of my own, this build is somthing different that works just because you have l2p issues doesn’t mean a different non flavor of the month build is useless.

And you cant flame me if you havn’t even read my full post, or you wouldn’t be be saying i claim to be some Spvp god *when i said the build isn’t used for Spvp/tpvp" and if it were to be, you’d atleast need more conditon removal.

Also stacking 20 vulnerability and 15 might then having an 8 attack burst that does 10k(Heavy toughness spec) -15K DMG to 15-25 (medium – low spec) all in 1.5 seconds isn’t bringing nothing to the table ive posted this build because ive never seen anything similair and i’m sick of playing greatsword with all these cookie cutter guardians.

I bet you run someone els’s build theirs no way you could come up with your own if you think anything other then FOTM (NOT FRACTALS) builds are viable.

Yes greatsword is better for amost all builds, but for this specific build which requires 2 blinds on one weapon 1-5 skillbar set sword /focus is the way to go, and yes sword/focus / greatsword probably would work best on this build, but im trying to make somthing different here.

Hint: its not the build that makes the player good, its how you play a said build.

in Guardian

Ravenmoon.5318

Meh I have my build since I hit lvl 80 and read all trait descriptions and I did that 6 days after head start. I don’t know what people are doing atm. Last time i checked it was a crithammer thing, which i didn’t even try.
You may have said that this build is not sPvP one but then you claim that you beat people up with 15k and stuff. I mean, if you manage to this often, a guardi with such a build should be a game changer in all type of pvp
Don’t you even start on the player skill. I think I have enough of it.
And your 8x attack burst is easily dodge-able, easier than Whirling Wrath, trust me.
I can just walk away from yours without wasting energy on dodge. You can’t say the same thing about zealot defense. When and IF they take a good look at sword and shield and how this combo is naturally flawed to the point that even warriors have better SHIELD skills, I’ll just refuse to play them.
So far so good, at least they fixed the hammer, you can actually move all the time now, casting all the skills. That’s fun!
I would much rather go with Scepter/Mace + focus than sword and anything else.

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

Sword shield is too situational hence why if im using this build i use sword/focus as stated,

And i never said you lack skill just that your a bit “close minded” when it comes to fringe builds.

I Could of posted my current build i use which is a meditation build, but everyone and their mother knows the basics of this build, although mine is slightly tweaked as i hate running builds everyone uses, its the secret out of the box ones that are constantly changing the meta.

Its not a game changer because this requires use of many different things, its not just click one skill and auto attack for 15k, you have to get the stacks of vuln on and get all your might then manage to get zealots defence off and hit, try it i garentee you’ll see decent numbers, skilled players will possibly dodge zealots defence, or will use get the hell outta dodge once they have 20 stacks of invuln on them plus their blinded and its not 15k per hit its 15k damage once the burst is DONE zealots defence is a fast burst of 8 attacks , animation to fully end takes 1 – 1.5 seconds (its prtty darn fast though)

Perhaps im thinking too much like a gw1 player, but ive defended the build enough and you have your opinion,