Signet of Judgment

Signet of Judgment

in Guardian

Posted by: vesta.3170

vesta.3170

I took a break from the Guardian around Christmas. I have been playing my Necro since then, so I am not current on a lot of Guardian topics.

Has anyone tested Signet of Judgment?

Is the wiki accurate in saying that it reduces dmg and condi dmg by 10%?

Is it viable in the almighty AH build? Could it possibly be used instead of the AH build?

Signet of Judgment

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

It doesn’t actually say that it reduces condition damage. It just says “damage” but I think it’s fair to assume that it is only referring to attack damage.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

Signet of Judgment

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

as far as I know it reduces all incoming damage by 10%, unlike the warrior equivalent which just raises toughness

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

Signet of Judgment

in Guardian

Posted by: vesta.3170

vesta.3170

So no one in the past year has actually tested it?

Signet of Judgment

in Guardian

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I’m pretty sure it’s only attack damage. I seem to take around the same amount of condition damage with or without it. Doesn’t affect siege damage either. So it’s not really ALL damage.

Signet of Judgment

in Guardian

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Isn’t a good skill for AH. for AH is better a shout, combined to the evveft of healing of Ah and clean conditions by master trait and soldier rune.
And 10% of damage reduction isn’t all that good damage reduction… Whit the trait you can “power up” it at 12 if you want, but isn’t all that great thing…
Actually, I’ve not a single guardian in pvp or pve use a signet. in dungeon you can use it to reduce damage, in combination whit the potion. Whit that you obtain 18% of damage reduction, but out of that there’s more useful skills.
You can use the signet that give power to increase your damage, why you don’t need specific utility skill to play.

Actually, the signet build of the guardian isn’t a good build.

Signet of Judgment

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

Signet of Judgement is actually quite amazing. The passive 10% reduction in damage actually is much better than you’re making it out to be but the real bonus of the signet is its active. It’s one of the very few means us Guardians have of applying area weakness, which is actually 50% less damage 50% of the time so, using bad maths, that’s 25% damage reduction! The extra retaliation on top of that means that say, in a pinch you get knocked down, five enemies are on you, you pop Signet of Judgement, you’re now on your feet, they’re all doing half damage to you and taking full retaliation damage for doing so. Definite fight winner in the right hands.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

Signet of Judgment

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Easy answer to the original question about conditions.

Get a stack of bleed on you, then remove the signet to see the difference.

Tested in mists and the chieftain does about 74-75 damage on bleed ticks with or without the signet on.