Signet of Judgment....A problem...

in Guardian

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Don’t you guys think this signet’s passive is just too good, for any and all situations? Across PvE, sPvP, and WvW, I can’t find any good reason to not have this equipped wherever I am…

It’s a percentage reduction that scales better the more passive defense you have (vit and tough). Don’t get me wrong. I love this signet for it’s passive effect but I find this to be limiting my options for utilities….

Devona’s Rest

in Guardian

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

For me personally, No. Signets are never on my skill bar. I don’t like to rely on passive defense like the signet when I could blind, dodge, block or reflect damage.

I would put signets on the list of guardian skills that need to re looked at, right up there with Spirit Weapons.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in Guardian

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

For me personally, No. Signets are never on my skill bar. I don’t like to rely on passive defense like the signet when I could blind, dodge, block or reflect damage.

I would put signets on the list of guardian skills that need to re looked at, right up there with Spirit Weapons.

I agree there. All signets should be looked at for either being to weak or too kitten strong, I’ll try to pick something other than SoJ but it’s really hard. :c

Devona’s Rest

in Guardian

Posted by: xFx.3247

xFx.3247

When I am playing not on my bunker, I don’t use it. On paper, it looks strong. But when you actually try it, you are wasting a utility slot unless you are a bunker/tank (Which sadly we have a lot of wasted utilities). Once upon a time, a timed “Stand your ground” could actually make a difference.
I use the Power Signet, not because it is strong. But actually knockdown is nice, and useful (But has a long cooldown). On the other hand Judgment Signet, the active is meh.
What Guardians are getting are something that works, in some specific build; And useless most of the time (for the other builds).
As Talyn said, a lot of our utilities skill need to be looked at, including spirit weapons and signets.

Which Signet do you think is “strong” thou?

(edited by xFx.3247)

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

If this game was all about direct damage then SoJ would be the best thing ever. But this game isn’t so therefore SoJ is a waste. It will work in a retal build though, mainly because you have to be hit to deal damage.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Guardian

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

I might be mixing up my signets, but the one with knockdown is a decent option as a wvwvw roamer. Helps to stick to targets if you can knock them on their kitten at the right time.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

AoE Protection+ Regeneration + Stability + Retaliation on party and Weakness on enemies; your party will have no problem shrugging off direct damage. It’s perfect combined with “Hold the Line!” and “Stand Your Ground!”.

Combined with PoV and Absolute Resolution, you pretty much provide tons of direct damage mitigation and condition removal for your party.

For me, it’s an alternative for “Save Yourself!” when I run with a zerg. As we all know, “Save Yourself!” can back fire.

I already trait -20% CD for Signet of Resolve, so adding another signet is no problem to me. I love that they removed the cast time and added stun break to the skill when Weakness got buffed.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

(edited by xFireize.6318)

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Equip all signet skills.
Press f12, character select
delete guardian
exit to desktop
uninstall
throw computer out window
???