So I ran a dungeon with 3 guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

and not a single of of them ran Strength in Numbers or popped a virtue the whole run. I can understand that maybe they assumed another guardian would have had strength in numbers but to not even pop a virtue I feel you’re better off playing warrior for 1 and 2 spamming? I don’t think it’s entirely the classes fault though, some of the dungeons are pretty faceroll, but I feel sort of sad that people who just faceroll can get through them. I’ve always felt guardian had some of the best tools for team play.

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Strength in numbers is not part of the meta, so it’s not that of a surprise seeing Guardians not use it. It’s not that good for dgns has toughtness is kinda useless there. You are better with protection. This is why Warriors don’t run Banner of Defence eitheir, it’s useless even when party has more than 2 Warriors. They are better running signet of eitehr precision or power, On My Mark, FGJ.
About the pop of Virtues, well that might actually be plain out just bad mangement of Guardian skills as maybe they were getting used to the class. But hey popping them randomly is not that good too.
Was it really needed to pop them?

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

(edited by mPascoal.4258)

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Strength in Numbers don’t work well in PVE, usually not needed but I don’t diss it completely, so not much big of a deal if it’s missing. But the part about not popping their virtues I assume they are players who have mained Warrior and decided to play Guardian and focus on selfish play

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

You could always put “need strength in numbers” in your lfg title :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Guardian

Posted by: Spirigo.2897

Spirigo.2897

I can’t imagine doing any team content without popping a virtue at least once.

in Guardian

Posted by: layzoe.6035

layzoe.6035

I rarely see a good guardian.. sorry Last night, did few dungeon runs and I was a mesmer instead of my main guard. Arah had rotation of few guards as they came and left the instance. I am like.. WoR is your friend.. none on them popped it even once. Even after I said that with whirling wrath it can work as a condi cleanser which we need in Arah.

I never use strength in numbers tho; there are far more useful utilities like retreat, WoR and such. Spamming virtue is a guardian job tho, well the F1 at least

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

strength in number is a garbage trait

only justice virtue should be used/spammed, courage/resolve are more oh @#$% buttons and should honestly never be used unless absolutely needed.

in Guardian

Posted by: layzoe.6035

layzoe.6035

F2 is also a good condi cleanser if traited. I usually pop that when there’s a lot of condi effects in the group. F3 is the one that I only use as last resort after everything else has been exhausted.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Yeah, guardian meta doesn’t go into valor at all, so no strength in numbers. You end up missing too much good stuff if you do go for it. And if they’ve got strength in numbers, chances are they’re running AH too.

As for the virtues, with faceroll content they might not of thought it was necessary. Might not have been enough mobs to VoJ spam, no condis that needed clearing or no one shot mechanic that needed blocking. Virtues are very situational, but super effective.

in Guardian

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

People use Strength in Numbers? Personally I don’t, but I follow a meta build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Read the title, still waiting for the punchline.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld