So Shield...

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

When can we expect it reworked?, i mean there is little more iconic than a guardian with sword and shield, yet for the life of me i could not find anyone running, other than me to a- troll people off the sky hammer or for the looks of it (if you gotta go down, go down in stile).

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

What the shield should have gotten was an Aegis application on one of its 30s or 40s CD skills. While most people with a shield block a series of attacks when activated, at least give the guardian an abilities to offer a block to all allies to compensate. Aegis already gives an array of items such as retaliation, healing, dmg, etc, if traited. I think it would be a good addition to the shield, being it’s already the most unused guardian tool in the game.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

you would think the most guardian-related weapon conceivable would be one of the stronger ones for the profession. There needs to be some serious love given to the shield

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

What the shield should have gotten was an Aegis application on one of its 30s or 40s CD skills. While most people with a shield block a series of attacks when activated, at least give the guardian an abilities to offer a block to all allies to compensate. Aegis already gives an array of items such as retaliation, healing, dmg, etc, if traited. I think it would be a good addition to the shield, being it’s already the most unused guardian tool in the game.

+1

This simple change would definitely bring the shield up to the same level as the focus and torch (well, maybe not quite the same level as focus, because focus is really ridiculously good, but it would definitely put shield on the same level as torch). Make it happen Anet!

So Shield...

in Guardian

Apolo.5942

you would think the most guardian-related weapon conceivable would be one of the stronger ones for the profession. There needs to be some serious love given to the shield

Change the Wave thing for the focus 5, keep the bubble. Presto fixed. Fluffy AND Useful.

I mean, its a freaking shield that does not Shield you, on an iconic sword and board class, this was almost as kittened as the Mesmer using a grate sword as a laser cannon.

Troupes are troupes for a reason, they are popular, you dont need to keep trying to reinvent the wheel. Thou with the current internal state of affairs at Anet, im not holding my breath for deep changes any time soon.

(edited by Apolo.5942)

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Change the Wave thing for the focus 5, keep the bubble. Presto fixed. Fluffy AND Useful.

I mean, its a freaking shield that does not Shield you, on an iconic sword and board class, this was almost as kittened as the Mesmer using a grate sword as a laser cannon.

I love the Mesmer Greatsword design. It’s a modern look art spellcasting. Stuff like that keeps the fantasy genre fresh.

If you just swap the skills with the Focus, you end up in a situation where the Focus sucks.

“Come on, hit me!”

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

I have tried to point out what I think I see as a trend in developer thinking in the past, but I’ll reiterate here and then suggest what I think would improve shield while keeping in the original design goal.

Warrior shield skills have a stun and a melee block that can be traited to reflect projectiles too. (primarly melee oriented, with CC intended to keep enemies close)

Engineer shield skills have a defensive melee and offensive ranged stun/daze and projectile reflect with pushback on command. (Primarly projectile oriented, with CC meant to keep enemies away)

Guardian shield skills have a defensive group boon and a projectile absorb with pushback and heal.
(A diluted mix of warrior and engineer capabilities oriented on group support, keeping enemies away and encouraging allies to stay close)

Warrior and Engineer both get a physical block, with warrior being superior in duration and cooldown.

Engineers get superior projectile control with innate reflects on it.

Engineers get superior CC with ranged and 2 melee control abilities.

Guardians receive a “half block” (33%) with protection on the shield instead of a full block, but it can apply to the whole group.

We also receive a projectile absorb “for the group” and a heal “for the group”.

I can see the idea that it is group oriented and some of both engineer and warrior mixed together for melee and ranged “shield abilities”.

I would suggest though, that we do not have a reliable 1h weapon protection boon application like we have with the hammer.

Also since protection is only a “half block” (33%), it would need to have a longer up time than a full block to make it “equivalent” to a full block. Currently it has, at most, the same duration.

A shorter shield cooldown and/or a longer protection boon would greatly enhance shield usage I think, but the developers refrain from giving group oriented abilities a lot of application to discourage “healers and buff bots” and encourage “active group participation”.

The projectile absorb and heal side of the guardian shield… Both warrior and engineer can reflect projectiles. Again this may be weaker because of the group oriented aspect of the guardian and not wanting to make group abilities too good. I would like to see it gain a reflect and/or apply aegis to friendlies inside the projectile absorb shell.

Also it would be nice if shield 5 was a blast finisher.

Lastly, the heal on the shield is negligible, but once again it may be because of group abilities “must” be weaker than single target.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Apolo.5942

I love the Mesmer Greatsword design. It’s a modern look art spellcasting. Stuff like that keeps the fantasy genre fresh.

If you just swap the skills with the Focus, you end up in a situation where the Focus sucks.

I and i would venture most people on this particular part of the forum would be ok with that. This is a Paladin, it should not even have a focus to begin with.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I and i would venture most people on this particular part of the forum would be ok with that. This is a Paladin, it should not even have a focus to begin with.

Not to be that guy, but it’s a Guardian, not Paladin. Too completely different classes with completely different styles of play and perks.

Like CMF said the Devs were trying to make the Shield more group oriented than any type of selfish-style-like play such as the Focus. However, the focus’s #5 can be either Offensive or Defensive, depending on how you enter battle with it. The shield should receive a similar lift to it. Where you have that aoe-defensive aspect but an offensive one as well if you choose to do so. Aegis already can proc for a 1k crit, if traited right.
I still think aegis would help the shield greatly. Even if you have to be in the guardian’s 600 radius for application.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

The heal needs to scale a lot better with healing power, the pushback/block projectiles i like, applying Aegis, a group focused guardian boon also seems appropriate, probably make the detonate a blast as well. I recently ditched scepter/shield for a hammer, blast finisher on a 5sec cooldown(4seconds traited).

Im fine with the shield of judgement, seems it works ok.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

Yes, you are the only guardian who uses sword and shield!

Attachments:

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

The idea of a allie protecting bubble is not bad.
But it should NOT knockback enemys, and it should be a flat dmg reduction for allies inside of the bubble. 30% for example. 30% from all dmg, melee and ranged. Guards already have enough reflection/projectil destruction skills.
Explofinishers are always welcome too.

Now u could give shield 4 a bigger cone (or better a simple aoe) and increased protection uptime and/or another aegis for allies.

This would make the shield more defensive, and more useful for allies.
Explofinishers for utility, and defensive skills for lazy game. Own dmg (UC) and/or more risky playstiles.
Aegis and flat dmg reduction ist not soo bad to have. Even in good groups it can be useful for lazy dailyruns (in some dungeons like se2 or hotw/aetherpath or some fractals).

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Really they should do 3 things

1: make the number 4 ability into a AOE centered on the guardian.
(this would make it better for front line use)

2: Get rid of the separation between PVE, WvW & Spvp for the number 4 ability.

3: Make the dome applied by the number 5 ability also apply 10 seconds of AEGIS.

After that shield would be fine.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Norjena.5172

3: Make the dome applied by the number 5 ability also apply 10 seconds of AEGIS.

1: yes
2: should be done by much more other skills
3.: will change nothing.
- u can get permaprot by using a hammer (hammer/mace rota not 100%, but there is not soo much need of more protection), so shield 4 can´t make the weapon viable alone.
- aoe knockback in pve usually sucks (pvp too, if u don´t want to cap a point)
-guards don´t need another skill to absorb/reflect projectiles. U can only make it extremly strong (like i thought), or let the guardian attack/use other skills while channeling. Or both.

U mean it nice, but it won´t help.

Look the mace for example. U lose abit mobility and a little bit of dmg. But u get heal/vul/block for it. That is a good trade. Shield vs focus….no comment.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

I don’t like being a pessimist about this but the pattern I’ve seen with arena net rarely if ever completely reworking weapons since launch leads me to believe they feel the core mechanics for everything is good enough as is.

the most extreme rework I’ve ever seen them do is swapping out the 2 and 4 ability on the great sword.

I think they’r hesitant to make any major changes because it could have a ripple effect and severely imbalance other parts of the game.

All complaints about op classes and broken mechanics aside, when I played wow patch day was like christmas for me because abilities were always being added, removed or reworked changing how you could play.

gw2 handles pretty much the same as the first day I played it. That may be great in some ways, but also a bit boring, and frustrating when you see abilities or weapons going unused and nothing being done to try and change that.

All that being said I don’t hate the shield on guardian. I used it for a long time. It can be used effectively, but I do agree it seems odd that the shield on a defensive class that has blocking as a core mechanic can’t block with it..

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I still run shield on my bunker builds in pvp, obviously focus is much better for other types of builds.

However, it could really use some slight tweaks. Shield of Judgment is only three seconds of protection in PvP, which is abysmal considering the CD on it. In WvW it’s not a big deal because you can easily stack boon duration, and get up to nine seconds of protection from it, which is quite nice. I’d be happy if they just raised it to at least five seconds in pvp.

Shield of Absorption, before there was a “bug” where it didn’t root you and you could also use other skills. This made it extremely useful, however they had to go and fix it two years later. If they would simply just change it back to the “bugged” version I’d be happy.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

In all honesty I wish the focus and the shield skills would just switch. The focus is great for melee combat with group blinds and blocks, while the shield skills fit much better for the scepter with a knockback, range defense, and cone skill which benefits a backline position.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

The shield will always be for a support, bunk, type classes. But even most bunkers use focus for the extra blocks and blinds… the focus’s skills are simply a better skillset hands down.
Which is a shame; I love some of the shield skins.

Side Thought:
in wvw where you have huge group fights, the shield excels the most, knock back and blocking projectiles. But significantly not as reliable as the focus for small group situations like tpvp or roaming in wvw.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

I would be happy if they swapped shield and focus 5 skills. Focus would make so much sense in combo with scepter like Indure said.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

1: yes
2: should be done by much more other skills
3.: will change nothing.
- u can get permaprot by using a hammer (hammer/mace rota not 100%, but there is not soo much need of more protection), so shield 4 can´t make the weapon viable alone.
- aoe knockback in pve usually sucks (pvp too, if u don´t want to cap a point)
-guards don´t need another skill to absorb/reflect projectiles. U can only make it extremly strong (like i thought), or let the guardian attack/use other skills while channeling. Or both.

U mean it nice, but it won´t help.

Look the mace for example. U lose abit mobility and a little bit of dmg. But u get heal/vul/block for it. That is a good trade. Shield vs focus….no comment.

Never said that 5 should apply protection.

Assuming they got rid of the difference between pvp & pve then number 4 would be good (great if it was an aoe centered on the guard)

What I said was that number 5 should be changed a bit.

First, make it something you drop and don’t have to maintain, but get rid of the detonate on it.
Second when used make it also grant 1 AEGIS to everyone in the radius effect for 10 seconds.

After that it would be much much better but not really imbalanced.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I would be happy if they swapped shield and focus 5 skills. Focus would make so much sense in combo with scepter like Indure said.

The problem however is that the shield number 5 sucks & scales horribly.

Swapping it with scepter number 5 would just make allot of people grab the shield instead of the scepter.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

It’s silly how shield is the most useless weapon on a guardian lol.
I’d like it if shield would actually give guardian better support for allies

Nr 4 is more or less useless. up the protection time to 10 sec & give it a knockback effect would make it more useful.

Nr 5 should stay up when moving & block anything that comes through so it becomes a viable protection for allies. (which is what the skill is supposed to do.)

These changes would make it at least better support wise.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

The problem however is that the shield number 5 sucks & scales horribly.

Swapping it with scepter number 5 would just make allot of people grab the shield instead of the scepter.

I overall agree, but if we are only talking about aesthetics I would much rather see Guardians maining a shield over a focus, especially melee centric guardians.

Also, I think with some slight tweaks, shield 5 would be an excellent pairing with a scepter. As long as shield 5 had the player self-immobilized removed it would make a great skill for scepter users; giving them a 4 second group range block which is on par with Shield of Wrath’s utility, and a needed knockback for when the scepter user gets too many melee on the them. I think the healing explosion could be removed to rebalance for the lack of self-immobilization.

If it needed further utility, a cripple on reentering the bubble would make the skill amazing for scepter users, while not helping mace/sword users that much.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

They need to do something. Even a 10 sec cooldown reduction on both would be enough. But the #5 in only viable for knockdown, the heal is insignificant and you must channel to block projectiles (that currently are bugged, sadly).

Sorry for my english.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Shield 4 should at least also give aegis. Shield 5 should have CD reduced… and maybe a blast finisher.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Leap Of Faith.8263

Leap Of Faith.8263

ok i play guardian with shield in wvw and i m on frontline. i dont have any problems with #4 but → #5skill is insignificant maybe?
It heals a bit and blocks projectiles (which we cant see were are blocking or not) and yeah pushes foes back.
While engaging enemy in (WvW) practically almost everyone has some form of stability which makes this skill pretty useless when you need it the most.
From my point i think #5 should punish enemy if they enter the dome in some way even if they enter it with their stability. Not a huge thing maybe some burn ticks or a couple of boon strip maybe. Enemy should see and understand that they are not suppose to push when dome is up and not just rush in blind.
Ty for reading

~My Love Sunshine, Guardian [Jade Quarry]

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Not to be that guy, but it’s a Guardian, not Paladin. Too completely different classes with completely different styles of play and perks.

^This. I’m pretty certain that the devs have stated that guardians combine the aspects of monks, paragons, and ritualists. In other words, the closest thing to a paladin that they were based off of was a paragon.

Foci aren’t the only caster-type thing guardians have either. Besides their other magic weapons, just the fact that over half of their elites are tomes should ring some bells that these aren’t paladins. Not that I’m going to argue further, Apollo has been pretty dead set that guardians = paladins for a long time.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Norjena.5172

ok i play guardian with shield in wvw and i m on frontline. i dont have any problems with #4 but -> #5skill is insignificant maybe?
It heals a bit and blocks projectiles (which we cant see were are blocking or not) and yeah pushes foes back.
While engaging enemy in (WvW) practically almost everyone has some form of stability which makes this skill pretty useless when you need it the most.
From my point i think #5 should punish enemy if they enter the dome in some way even if they enter it with their stability. Not a huge thing maybe some burn ticks or a couple of boon strip maybe. Enemy should see and understand that they are not suppose to push when dome is up and not just rush in blind.
Ty for reading

U don´t want to push foes back. U wan´t to pull them with GS5 to spike them down.

AoE Knockback like shield 5 is useless in 99% of all situations. If this skill remains like it is, the shield will never be viable outside of point capturing spvp.
That´s the biggest problem. Knockdown would be much more interessting.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Leap Of Faith.8263

Leap Of Faith.8263

ok i play guardian with shield in wvw and i m on frontline. i dont have any problems with #4 but -> #5skill is insignificant maybe?
Ty for reading

U don´t want to push foes back. U wan´t to pull them with GS5 to spike them down.

AoE Knockback like shield 5 is useless in 99% of all situations. If this skill remains like it is, the shield will never be viable outside of point capturing spvp.
That´s the biggest problem. Knockdown would be much more interessting.

shield #5 pushes foe back when they dont have stability on them currently, BUT with stability they just casually walk into our dome.
As shield being a defensive weapon there should be some effect like (burn, blind, boon strip, cripple) for the time they spend inside the shield. It will make this weapon a defensively useful.
Note that shield is not an active offesive equipment to hold.

~My Love Sunshine, Guardian [Jade Quarry]

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Giving shield 4 group aegis would be my suggestion.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

It would be really cool if Shield 5 acted like a mobile Sanctuary skill. User would be healed inside and the bubble can be used aggressively to continuously push and ragdoll foes (small knockback for the entirety of duration). Enemies that are pushed or manage to get in the bubble have one of their boons removed every second or enemies who remain inside the bubble are damaged for the duration.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: airick.9850

airick.9850

I would use the shield more if #4 was either on a shorter cooldown, or if the protection was either just 1-2s longer, and if #5 was a blast finisher. That’s all I’ll need to want to use it, and not feel like I’m wasting two weapon slots.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

What they really need to do is make the shield a Main hand weapon.

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

What they really need to do is make the shield a Main hand weapon.

Why not both? Let us run Shield/Shield! :p

For real though, I wish ANet would just switch the skills from Focus and Shield.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Shield should be a weaker version of Spirit weapon shield. sShield does damage, aoe aegis and blocks projectiles for long intervals while still able to be mobile.
-The shield should have a mobile effect to it
(currently you can’t move)

-It should have a 2s aoe aegis
(currently a shield that can’t block)

-It offers a very weak heal and aoe protection instead of damage dealing
(which is ‘ok’)

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Hattoni.8597

Hattoni.8597

For me (I’m not experienced player, so I might be wrong) Anet mixed focus and shield skills for guardian. And I’d definitely want to see shield as a main hand weapon. Shield as a main + focus offhand would be amazing for a bunker guardian. Or shield + shield: a true definition of ‘bunker’ build.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Tobeyeus.9376

Tobeyeus.9376

I would like to see Shield of Absorption (5) changed to a Ward. The Guardian drops into a defensive stance (crouch and hold shield up in front), his shield creates a cone shaped wall that blocks projectiles and creates a cone shaped Ward in front of him that prevents enemies from passing through. It would still give the projectile protection but it would also allow the Guardian to body block his allies.

I would also like all Wards to get buffed so that they cause damage when an enemy passes through them with Stability so that they aren’t completely negated by one Boon (especially when you consider people can sometimes jump over the Ward). Also I would like to see a trait added that changes all Wards from a Light Combo field into a Fire Combo field and to cause Burning if an enemy passes through them with Stability. This makes Wards a little stronger while also adding additional ways to get Fire Fields.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

pitty, only problem with guardian shield are the cooldowns for what the shield does. Ç_Ç.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

^That.

I wonder what ANet’s logic was when they nerfed shield #4 for PvP. 5 seconds of protection -even in pvp- already isn’t very good.
I think it’d be interesting if shield #5 blocked AoE attacks. It’s unique functionality and it’d probably make it a decent skill.

I like Tobeyeus’s suggestion. Wards are generally fun to use.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Tobeyeus.9376

Tobeyeus.9376

Yay someone liked my idea! I would even be play with giving Shield of Judgement (4) a knockback. Does damage and knocks back foes, gives allies Protection or if Protection is too much (they did nerf the Protection boon because it was too powerful) have it give Aegis instead. Aegis is so integral as a Guardian it would make sense. Plus it would give Guardians another way to block attacks with the Shield.

The lame part of Guild Wars is that this game really doesn’t let you play a multitude of roles. It is all about killing, it is a shame we not longer have tanks, healers or even support roles. Either you do damage or you do condition damage. The rest is just dodge rolling and self healing. I would like to see the Guardian (and Warrior) able support teammates by acting as meat shields in WvW and PvP and play as tanks and bunker legitimately in PvP. The game promised to remove the trifecta of DPS, Heal and Tank but honestly it isn’t quite as fun without it. They need to bring in some support at least via meatshields that block for allies and support the adds boons and heals that actually matter. That is why I suggested the change to the Shield 5 skill.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Ynna.8769

I’m not sure what builds you’re used to, Tobeyeus, but support builds are definitely a thing in PvP. The damage I do is mostly incidental, just a little bit of extra pressure so the enemy doesn’t get too comfortable. My allies live a lot longer with me around.

“Come on, hit me!”

So Shield...

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

Actually I don’t think that’s the case in PvP; it’s just that sometimes people make it seem that way because any build outside of the norm is often chastised by the community. Personally I find myself relying a lot on a bunker to hold a point during a team fight, and while healers aren’t a necessity to a team, there are perfectly good healer builds that can be used in PvP.
I do like the trinity though, and I wish builds could be even more specialized in this.

I frequently play a healer/support guardian in PvP, and from my experiences so far, my teammates very much appreciate my guardian, and it’s also the build with which I have my highest win rate (57% or something?).

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Mhh i am the only one that likes the aoe knockback on shield?
It may only be me but i find it the most useful thing that shield gives, though the rest is kinda meh.

Aegis on 4 would be an good idea for improving the weapon.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

It may only be me but i find it the most useful thing that shield gives, though the rest is kinda meh.

The aegis on 4 would be an good idea for improving the weapon.

The knockback is good, but the fact that it’s locked behind a 40 second cooldown on a weapon that has pretty much nothing else useful means that the costs of using the shield far outweighs the (singular) benefit.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

The aegis on 4 would be an good idea for improving the weapon.

The knockback is good, but the fact that it’s locked behind a 40 second cooldown on a weapon that has pretty much nothing else useful means that the costs of using the shield far outweighs the (singular) benefit.

Fair enough but i got the impression that some wanted to completly change the skill.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Ynna.8769

Actually I don’t think that’s the case in PvP; it’s just that sometimes people make it seem that way because any build outside of the norm is often chastised by the community. Personally I find myself relying a lot on a bunker to hold a point during a team fight, and while healers aren’t a necessity to a team, there are perfectly good healer builds that can be used in PvP.
I do like the trinity though, and I wish builds could be even more specialized in this.

I frequently play a healer/support guardian in PvP, and from my experiences so far, my teammates very much appreciate my guardian, and it’s also the build with which I have my highest win rate (57% or something?).

Bunker-style healing/support works pretty good with a decent team, but it requires good communication and allies that can help you out when you get outnumbered. If you’re easily frustrated I wouldn’t recommend using a build like that with randoms.

The knockback is the only reason the Shield is still kinda okay instead of downright horrible.

“Come on, hit me!”

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Been using sword & shield since beta weekends and headstart, and I’m not stopping now. Even got myself The Flameseeker Prophecies because it’s (objectively) the coolest legendary in the game.

Even if the shield is considered bad, I will always use it. It just completes the Guardian as a profession.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Been using sword & shield since beta weekends and headstart, and I’m not stopping now. Even got myself The Flameseeker Prophecies because it’s (objectively) the coolest legendary in the game.

Even if the shield is considered bad, I will always use it. It just completes the Guardian as a profession.

Of course it is COOL and I am happy for you that you enjoy it, but many of us want it to be a viable offhand option in pvp and wvw, which it is not.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Loves Shield on the Guardian but they really need to look into this weapon.
Right now it has one use even with both skills, a push with 40sec CD.
The block is broken, the protection is abyssal(3sec prot with 30sec CD)
It has no real defend and has no damage. Simply broken.

All is vain.

So Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Of course it is COOL and I am happy for you that you enjoy it, but many of us want it to be a viable offhand option in pvp and wvw, which it is not.

Oh, of course. It really needs to be looked at, changed or buffed.

I’ve been thinking about the #4 skill also dazing enemies or something it hits for 1 second or so.