So what is this 30k-34k Scepter Build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Is Scepter really the top DPS weapon now?

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I hope so. I love it!

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Legiion.7385

Legiion.7385

I love the new scepter with my new hybrid guard <3
Thanks A-Net

in Guardian

Posted by: Westwater.1095

Westwater.1095

I’ve been trying to get this to work for like 2 hours now but I can’t seem to reach anywhere near the numbers in the video qT posted. The initial DPS check shows the guy hitting 39K and then it scales down to about 34K, but with all buffs, full ascended zerker gear, force and air sigils on a large golem with all condis on him and the exact same traits I can only get 31K initially and then that drops down to about 29K. I’m really confused about what I’m doing wrong.

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

Can you link the video?

Time to make Meteorlogicus

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Westwater.1095

Can you link the video?

Time to make Meteorlogicus

Assuming you were asking me, sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVT6t-ljinw&feature=youtu.be

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

Thanks bro. I’m really glad we have the option to move away from using LB now

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I’ve been trying to get this to work for like 2 hours now but I can’t seem to reach anywhere near the numbers in the video qT posted. The initial DPS check shows the guy hitting 39K and then it scales down to about 34K, but with all buffs, full ascended zerker gear, force and air sigils on a large golem with all condis on him and the exact same traits I can only get 31K initially and then that drops down to about 29K. I’m really confused about what I’m doing wrong.

Do you have Seaweed Salad (and are constantly moving) and Furious Stones, and are you dropping the symbol before placing Traps?

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Westwater.1095

Do you have Seaweed Salad (and are constantly moving) and Furious Stones, and are you dropping the symbol before placing Traps?

Seaweed yes, furious stones no (Fruitcake supplies stocked up in my bank), dropping symbol before traps yes. I’m doing everything exactly like they do in the video. I really don’t get how I’m missing nearly 8K burst in the first 30 seconds.

(edited by Westwater.1095)

in Guardian

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Thanks bro. I’m really glad we have the option to move away from using LB now

I’m pretty sure that the scepter got its range reduced to 900 just to make that option even more reasonable [/sarcasm]

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November