Soldier Crest vs Life Sigil

in Guardian

Posted by: SantusVeritas.4607

SantusVeritas.4607

Hey.

Currently the build I am experimenting with focuses a lot on boon duration, Survivability and support.

I won’t go into the traits, as I am quite comfortable with them as is, being able to switch to a few different ones depending on the situation.

Currently I am sporting all cleric’s armor.

I’m stuck on what I should do for my weapons. I’m planning on cycling through all the weapons, again depending on the situation.

What should I go for in the upgrade slots on my weapons?
Should I go for more healing power or vitality? I’m working on getting new trinkets and properly statted weapons, so I can’t really post any definitive stat info right now. Other than my boon duration being 90% with omnom food.

I’m planning on going for the exquisite sapphire stuff for trinkets. Eventually get to Thackeray Family Crest, Durmand’s Pen, Royal Signet of Doric and Koss on Koss for ascended trinkets/back.

Should I go with all crest of the soldier on the weapons? The only sigil that really works for me is the superior sigil of life. But having that on every weapon is useless.

Any suggestions? Anything else I should go for?

(edited by SantusVeritas.4607)

in Guardian

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

Without knowing your traits, it’s hard to give you a definite answer. I would look into the Sigil of Energy if you have 15 in Honor. Switching weapons will give you 50% endurance recovered which translates to one dodge and one heal (with Selfless Daring). Without a decent critical hit rate, any on-critical effects are worthless. Using a Crest on a weapon, especially with so many passive options, is usually a waste too.

in Guardian

SantusVeritas.4607

Ok. Here are the traits.

Valor: 10
-V: Purity-Lose a Condition every 10 seconds

Honor: 30
-II: Superior Aria-Shouts Recharge 20% faster
-VI: Pure of Heart-Aegis heals on removal
Switching to either:
-I: Aegis gives retaliation when it ends
-X: Writ of the Merciful-Symbols heal allies
The switch depends on the fight and weapons I’m using.
-XII: Battle Presence-Nearby Allies gain Virtue of Resolves Passive effect

Virtues: 30
-I: Unscathed Contender-Deal 10% more damage while under the effects of aegis
Or II: Vengeful-Retaliation lasts 25% Longer
-IX: Absolute Resolution-Activating Virtue of Resolve cures three conditions. VoR passive effect is stronger
-X: Indomitable Courage: Virtue of Courage grants 3 sec of stability. VoC passive triggers every 30 seconds

I believe that’s all I have for that. Again, depending on the situation and weapons I switch things around.

For utility skills I always have three shouts going unless the reflection wall is needed.
I use Renewed Focus for my elite. Signet of resolve for healing.

Let me know if you need more info from me =)
Thanks for the help

in Guardian

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

Yeah, I would definitely consider Sigil of Energy for your weapons. You may find it difficult to have Vigor at 100% upkeep without a fair critical hit rate (or mobs of enemies), so the added endurance recovery will help. On top of that, full Cleric gear will put you at about 1,500 health recovered for you and all nearby allies. If or any reason you have a main-hand and off-hand set equipped, use a Sigil of Life in one hand and Sigil of Energy in the other. Once you kill your way to 25 kills, your dodges will heal an addition 250 health each roll as well as boosting all of your other healing sources. Two Sigils of Energy will not stack. If you’re in need of a quick dodge or heal, switch weapons and roll.

in Guardian

SantusVeritas.4607

thanks =)
i’ll look into it.

another question.
say i have sigil of energy on my greatsword, and i’m using scepter/focus for weapon swap, sigil of life on the scepter, what would i put on the focus?

know what i’m getting at? should i put a sigil of life & energy on each main/offhand (respectively) ?

that part has always been confusing to me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

that is pretty much up to you.
if you follow viralseed then put energy in or another sigil of life(2stacks per kill) until you reach 25 stacks.. you can then swap both weapons for ones with other sigils. like energy and maybe something that grants a buff/health on kill or simply sigil of force – seeing you would invest in unsceathed contender – which is only good for ranged combat really. sigil of resotration is not effected by healing power but you will get a heal for every enemy killed even if you hit them only once – its pretty strong in dungeon content when you fight multiples.

two weapons have always the advantage of two sigil slots each.

yet greatsword is a really good weapon for dps, gap closing/blind and a little control as well – probably the best weapon-skill-set ingame imo because the skills are not really situational excep for binding blade which is also great for dps if you do not need the pull.

so its a tough call – for everyone.
Is spent a couple of gold and still havnt found what i am most comfortable with. So i carry a lot of weapons with equal stats but diffrent sigils. I also choose the weaponskin accodingly to the sigil just to keep track.

(edited by Asmodal.6489)