Soldier runes + Pure of voice

in Guardian

Posted by: Albert.5096

Albert.5096

Ok guys, I need to know if this is a bug or what…

I have the full set of soldier runes, as you know each shout removes 1 condition.

This is what I’m seeing: soldier runes + pure of voice (trait) remove 2 conditions per shout to me and my allies, is this correct?

in Guardian

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

Why wouldn’t it be correct? Each thing removes 1 condition from a shout, and 1 + 1 = 2. Or am I missing something?

in Guardian

Posted by: Albert.5096

Albert.5096

Hey ref, thank you for the reply.

I was wondering if the bonus only affects me. I mean the soldier runes. Wasn’t sure if only me or my allies too :P

And the same with pure of voice (only allies or me too).

By the way, the +70 toughness bonus (trait) is just for allies, right?

Thanks!

in Guardian

Posted by: OneManArmy.5617

OneManArmy.5617

Pure of Voice trait is bugged with “Hold the Line” and “Save yourselves” shouts.
These two shouts will randomly fail to remove a condition and will never give a boon in return when they do remove a condition.

Just go for the soldier runes and ignore the pure of voice trait until they fix it.

Surrender is not an option!

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

and the soldier runes do in fact affect your allies as well, i.e. allies that are affected by your shouts, will have one condition removed.

the PoV is a great trait. sadly, it’s not working as it ought to be now. from my understanding.

while we’re on topic, i’ve asked this before but forgot and can’t find the answer. if one IS using both PoV and Solider runes, (given PoV works properly), which one will go first? i.e. can i safely assume that 2 conditions will be removed, while one of those removed is converted to a boon?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

pure of voice goes first I believe

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Guardian

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

Generally anything that says it benefits allies benefits you as well. The only thing I am aware of that doesn’t state this is Soldier runes which says it removes a condition. Soldier runes affect allies as well. As for all the Pure of Voice talk, I’m not sure it’s entirely bugged. Everytime I used it, it removed a condition. I’ve noticed it doesn’t always give a condition in return, but I’ve found that it may be because the Shout you use has the Boon it would grant you. For example if you cure poison using Hold the Line, you should gain regeneration. However, Hold the Line gives you regeneration already. The two do not stack (though it should). Using Stand Your Ground to remove poison always gave me regeneration, and it could stack with any regeneration already active. I would have to test it some more, but this seems to be the extent of the bug.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

@Berengar – ty for the reply. that’s what i assumed as well. based on i felt traits > runes. not sure if this is the same train of thought you went by. will try to test this in game as well.

so here’s an e.g. bleeding then poison is applied to me in that order. i have both PoV and Soldier runes equipped, i shout, then PoV would remove bleeding and apply Vigor, and then poison should be removed as well from the Soldiier runes. is this assumption sound?

@Viralseed – ah. i didn’t even think of that. could be the case, but like you said, would require more testing as well. could be a possibility. according to the Wiki and what people have been saying though is that Hold the Line was bugged with PoV and didn’t consistently convert the condition into a boon. though removed. whereas SYS wouldn’t remove conditions from yourself. i feel SYS is slightly trickier, since you’re bringing on conditions to yourself, while gaining multiple boons. but we can easily test HTL with say any conditions apart from poison and vulnerability.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

I’ve used this build (Pure of Voice and Soldier’s Rune) for two months or so.

Pure of Voice will trigger first, assuming it doesn’t bug out. As to which Conditions it will affect is still a mystery. Looks like First-in-first-out, but it was always hard to be sure because I had Signet of Resolve running (and sometimes even Purity).

in Guardian

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

Save Yourselves! may not be glitched either. I don’t see why Save Yourselves! should give you all conditions from nearby allies and then remove a condition. It would probably operate the other way first. It may remove any conditions you had prior to the skill, but it won’t remove any gained from the skill. Again though, if Boons fail to stack with pre-existing Boons, Save Yourselves! is a good example of this occuring. I did some testing last night, and Hold the Line!, Stand Your Ground!, and Retreat! always removed two conditions. From what I could tell, Swiftness and Regeneration (if gained) did not stack with the Shout that was giving it. Protection, on the other hand, did appear to stack. I guess the problem may be related more to the Boons stacking than the Shout condition removal failing. Again, if you are looking for pure condition removal, I don’t see any reason Pure of Voice and Runes of the Soldier cannot stack. Yes, you may not always gain a Boon if it doesn’t stack, but it will remove two conditions. From what I can tell, Pure of Voice always triggers first. If you have one condition, you will convert it, and Runes of the Soldier will only work if you (or an ally) have two or more conditions. Here’s what I used:

Runes of the Soldier
Pure of Voice
Hold the Line!, Stand Your Ground!, Retreat! (so I could test various Boons)
No Signet of Resolve or Purity (to ensure I was removing the conditions)
No condition removing Sigils
Mace and Shield (to survive in combat without gaining a Boon in the attack chain)