Soloq thinks medi trapper is full trapper

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Is this why there are so many nerf dh threads in the pvp sub forum?

I was running medi trapper. We won mid fight, i chase the ele down, to their side near beast, i wipe him out as his rev funnily enough seemed to have been more concerned with killing beast than saving his ele. I down the ele, he comes to rez, i cleave, and eventually down him too (two more of their team showed up so i decided to wrap it up and f3 to safe stomp the rev).

The rev then starts ranting about how full trapper guard is cheap and broken.

Perhaps I killed them all with my imaginary procession of blades and dragon’s maw.

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Because they died. Facts don’t matter!

Funny thing is that people are quick to cry imbalance, but they’ll just faceroll others with a different kind of imbalance and it’s fine because because.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

It’s really just the playstyle they hate. Who likes to die against classes that play hide and seek?

Or classes that gets thier sustain from passives that blocks. Nobody likes to see thier attacks fail. The act of having an action completely nullilfied, failed completely is worse then having your attack do kittenty damage instead. It’s still damage no matter how kittenty it is. It’s a glas half empty vs a glas half ful kinda thing. It’s why thiefs used to get so much hate and still do because ‘’they evade everything’‘. Even tough that couldn’t be further then the truth. It’s because your attack fails completely in that instance. Even tough u can apply AOE,time your attacks through the evade frames and simpy attack the thief whenever they are attacking you etc. Make them waste iniative and many more ways of dealing with them.

Traps give an AI esque vibe to DH figthing style so ’’it’s not straightforward’’ style. it feels scummy. It follows the whole ‘’ You are hiding behind your XYZ, that’s the only reason u one’’ trope. Even tough Meditrapper wasn’t viable in tournaments.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Why would it feel scummy though? Even the old turret build for engis wasn’t bad in that way. It’s up to you as the player to not put yourself in situations where you’re severely disadvantaged. If you’re strolling along and someone says, “you’ve activated my trap card”, well gee whiz that’s how they skill is supposed to work.

People who call any build “cheese” or “brain-dead” can go suck a cactus. Don’t get kitteny when people aren’t following your phantom honor code.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Anything beyond standing there and letting them kill you is scummy I guess.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Why would it feel scummy though? Even the old turret build for engis wasn’t bad in that way. It’s up to you as the player to not put yourself in situations where you’re severely disadvantaged. If you’re strolling along and someone says, “you’ve activated my trap card”, well gee whiz that’s how they skill is supposed to work.

People who call any build “cheese” or “brain-dead” can go suck a cactus. Don’t get kitteny when people aren’t following your phantom honor code.

But that’s how one tends to think. It’s not quite a straightforward way of fighting. People had the same problem in other games for example Dark souls series.

Heck mesmers were kittened at for an incredibly long time, same for thiefs. Heck people still kitten about thieves. And that wonderfull ’’perma’’ evade. they have. Heck they gave stealth attacks a 1 sec CD for kittens sake even now. It’s because it’s percieved as ’’annoying’’, ’’cheap’’

in Guardian

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

“Is this why there are so many nerf dh threads in the pvp sub forum?”

signets wanted to be symbols but im sure u “didnt” get it

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

“Is this why there are so many nerf dh threads in the pvp sub forum?”

signets wanted to be symbols but im sure u “didnt” get it

Again,

What?

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I too don’t know what Menyus is implying. The items he listed were not complained about in the previous seasons either.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

Signet of Mercy OP!

I think they meant to say “symbols” instead of signets but I have no idea.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

in Guardian

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Because they died. Facts don’t matter!

Funny thing is that people are quick to cry imbalance, but they’ll just faceroll others with a different kind of imbalance and it’s fine because because.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Guys, dragonhunters are a bit overtuned in PvP. Even if you main dh, you can’t deny that. Not a lot, but a little bit (I’m looking at you daze on trap).

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

You can’t just bump a days old thread and tell us how to think, you aren’t our mom

Fishsticks