mrauls.6519

Just make a warrior and have both

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: Sannhet.8745

Sannhet.8745

Why can’t you do that on your guard? They are great frontliners and have enough built in sustain/tankiness to build hard burst.

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: ScottTheWanderer.4716

ScottTheWanderer.4716

I was the same way, except with a lot less than 250 hours on my guardian. Around level 20 I realized it was more of a support character so I decided to make a warrior to see if I enjoyed it more. So far, it’s apparent that warriors can die much easier without too much of an abundance of extra attack.

I know I’m still at low levels, but just don’t give up on your guardian. It’s possible for a guardian to do very heavy damage if you build it right, while still being harder to take down.

Wippo – Asura Elementalist
House of the Steel Dragon – Darkhaven

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Ok basicly…I really like the idea of bursting people down and beeing in the frontline of the battle, the thing is I enjoy the GS and Hammer kit of the guardian, but I want to play the burst/damage role of the warrior, I feel guardian is to much of a support role for me.
What should I do? xD
(I have 250+ hours of Guardian gameplay).

Roll a hammer warrior…

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

I main a guardian. In zergs i use AH build for frontline, 18/20k hp, 3200 armor, 3000 damage, 25% critical chance, 45% critical damage, 900 healing power.

Recently I level up a warrior to 80, full exotic full tanky dps, 30k hp, 3400 armor, 3000 damage, 20% critical chance, 40% critical damage, 450 healing power.

Both hammer and X weapon

My warrior have a lot more damage, a lot more health pool, a lot more regen per second. Still with a lot of condi removal and HIGH mobility, A LOT more CC. A lot of offensive support buff.

My guardian have better recovery (burst healing) and defensive support buff.

I enjoy both, but for damage roll a warrior. If you love to fight in the middle of a lot of enemies you should have both professions, you will love it.

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

You’re asking for DPS but running a tank spec. Get a full set of zerk gear and switch your traits to something like 10/30/20/10/0 and you’ll easily match, if not exceed, any comparable zerk warrior spec.

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

You’re asking for DPS but running a tank spec. Get a full set of zerk gear and switch your traits to something like 10/30/20/10/0 and you’ll easily match, if not exceed, any comparable zerk warrior spec.

Pretty much this. Get full zerks + scholar runes and new trait set.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: Txema.7859

Txema.7859

And die miserably in 1 second on the frontline ^^

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You can support in zerk gear with a dps spec. Utilities like WoR and retreat dont suddently become unavailable when you build for dps.

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

I love this kind of mindset.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Like everyone else is saying, just make a warrior.

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Merciless_Hammer
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unsuspecting_Foe
One difference is that fo knocked down a minor trait you get 50% increased crit chance against stunned enemies. Guardian has nothing like that that is so easily accessible. It allows them to do really nice damage for 10 points. Imagine if you had a weapon setup with 2 stuns on it, you could build really defensive p/v/t and then get a flat 50% increase to crit chance, would be 70% with fury, with absolutely no investment in precision.

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

If you want to deal damage like a warrior, just run a non trash build?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

If you want to deal damage like a warrior, just run a non trash build?

Is not a trash build, is a wvw frontline build.

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

People should say if they’re looking for WvW, PvE or sPvP advice when posting threads like this (well, at least this one is definitely not sPvP), every single time there’s a mix up between PvE and WvW stuff.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

You’ll last longer than a similarly geared/traited warrior will. Those warriors you see facetanking things in dungeons and WvW are probably in full clerics gear with healshouts and Adrenal Health. That is not a DPS build by any stretch of the imagination.

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: Sannhet.8745

Sannhet.8745

There is absolutely no reason to play a support role if you don’t want to. Support is kind of unnecessary in this game. Now, unlike a lot of players, I don’t think you absolutely shouldn’t play support (if it’s what you enjoy playing), but if you don’t enjoy it there is literally zero reason at all to play your guard that way.

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I thought it was pretty obvious that he was talking about pvp because he mentioned killing people.

OP make a warrior and try
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.2|c.1q.h9.c.1q.h1k.0.0.0|3.1q.h9.0.0.0|1b.718.1q.718.1q.718.1q.718.1q.718.1q.718|1f.62.1f.62.1f.62.1f.62.1f.62.1q.62|0.k38.k29.u45b.0|0.0|5x.61.6h.6i.6k|e

You won’t ever die, and killing people is laughably easy. You will give perma regen, plus whatever buff you want. You can bring back lords instantly in wvw along with some of your team. You will regen around 800 health a second depending.

Solved Close/Delete

in Guardian

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I thought it was pretty obvious that he was talking about pvp because he mentioned killing people.

OP make a warrior and try
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.2|c.1q.h9.c.1q.h1k.0.0.0|3.1q.h9.0.0.0|1b.718.1q.718.1q.718.1q.718.1q.718.1q.718|1f.62.1f.62.1f.62.1f.62.1f.62.1q.62|0.k38.k29.u45b.0|0.0|5x.61.6h.6i.6k|e

You won’t ever die, and killing people is laughably easy. You will give perma regen, plus whatever buff you want. You can bring back lords instantly in wvw along with some of your team. You will regen around 800 health a second depending.

He also said he wanted damage/burst role, then said he runs Valkyrie and an AH build….go figure.