Some people like Dragonhunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Just want to say that there are those who love Dragonhunter.

- Traps are AWESOME! Crazy powerful. Procession of Blades is especially a great trap, synergizing with the Radiance line. Thematically, they are similar in concept to Necromancer marks, but use Smite magic fitting for the Guardian.

- The new f3 skills are interesting. While not superior to Virtues, they are different as equals. Their usefulness should not be overlooked. Spear of Justice is vastly superior for a condition build, the Wings are now a great mobility that can be traited for huge power damage, and the Shield of Courage will be incredibly useful for stacking situations due to the ability to apply traited 7s of invulnerability to your entire team. (14s if you use Renewed Focus.)

-The Dragonhunter traitline is very good. There was a trait that let us deal 10% more dmg to cripples foes and made the passive of Spear of Justice cripple, then there’s a trait that makes Spear of Justice make foes take 10% more dmg and applies vulnerability. Then ANOTHER traited that deals 10% more damage if more than 360 range. Altogether, Guardian has traits that grant them 20% more damage for melee, and 30% more damage for ranged.

- Longbow is awesome. The #1 is funny for kiting in pvp, #2 is a Killshot every 4s, the #3 is a great support and offense skill if timed correctly, #4 is a high damage aoe, and #5 is gonna be hilarious in WvW for chipping defiance off enemy zergs.

Remember, ANET. Some of us love the Dragonhunter. I’ll be playing one during my first Heart of Thorns playthrough!

in Guardian

Posted by: TEGG.2859

TEGG.2859

But then, does a guard have the space for taking this trait and sacrificing utility slots for traps in the current, and even the upcoming, meta?

I think not, maybe for the current meta in some niche situations.

It might be fun to play, tho, since it is a change to the playstlye for the guard for once.
But the dragonhunter has no particular benefits to the guard as far as I can see for now.

It highly depends on how we have to deal with the raids and how any of his utility skills / traits can be of use.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

DH is a power build that I like to use, as oppose to the core power medi variant.

I’ve always thought that burn Guardians had more at their disposal in terms of damages via blocks and utility items. Now it’s power guardian’s turn. They receive more damage applications through traps, more aegis applications means higher shattered aegis hit rates, and more cc effects to synergize the two.

Burn/Condi Guardians are not going to gain much, if anything, from DH tree. As a matter of fact, we’ll likely lose out on either damages or sustains and rightfully so. Power Guardians needed a push to rival that of burn guard meta.
(thats not to say that burn guardians are good now… my goodness.. Rev, Reaper, Engi are crazy good specs at the moment)

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: TEGG.2859

TEGG.2859

“Now it’s power guardian’s turn.”

I don’t know what kind of content you are playing, but have you actually tried the current PvE meta zerk guard? Zeal/Radiance/Virtues – that’s the current “power guard”.

The only alternation I can imagine for the current meta, is to swap Radiance for Dragonhunter and to gain access to the traps. Which eat up utility slots, which are often needed for other skills, depending on the content you play.

As for the traits pros/cons in terms of damage:
DH: – 10% against crippled foes
Radiance: – 15% crit chance with 1H main weapon; mace in the current PvE meta, which is quickly swapped after casting #2 and the torch rotation
– 2x torch #4 in short fights or 10% damage gain while buffed with retailation
– 10% crit chance against burning foes

= Radiance is superior in terms of damage output in this scenario, as far as I see it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Some people like Dragonhunter.

But many do not.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Pretty sure condi guards prefer base VoJ cause Passive > active in most situations and in those that dont qualify instant > cast for blind might and refresh.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

There is one condi DH build that uses traps and scepter+torch to create tons of passive VoJ procs. It’s much more of a chokepoint or point defender, but it exists. Other than that, I’d agree DH doesn’t help with conditions much. It definitely does help with applying cc and area denial though. Traps, LB, and cripple help you control space, which ultimately van help many different build styles.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Tsk tsk.

The reapplication of vulnerability and cripple and the reactivation of Spear of Justice when aegis is broken, helps the DH be a better condi guard. It means that the first thing that gets cleansed isn’t burning but cripple and vuln, it also means that you don’t have to wait to kill a target before SoJ resets when you use it.

The power guard can get up to 60% damage increase by using the DH line alongside a few other damage boosts from other trait lines and gear.

Bunker DH is also a rez king with Shield of Courage.

But don’t take my word for it though. Just wait for that awesome person to show you how it’s done.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Guardian

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Im with you OP! Dragonhunter is different yes, but different doesnt mean bad. Think out of the box, what you are used to.
I used traits to be completely defensive while having all skills, runes and sigils offensive. Gave me great damage while having fair survivability

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

There is one condi DH build that uses traps and scepter+torch to create tons of passive VoJ procs. It’s much more of a chokepoint or point defender, but it exists. Other than that, I’d agree DH doesn’t help with conditions much. It definitely does help with applying cc and area denial though. Traps, LB, and cripple help you control space, which ultimately van help many different build styles.

I most definitely agree that DH makes for a better 1v1 build (whether that is power or condi, I just didn’t have enough time to test either build.)

There’s no way that the build could be used for node assault/defender in the competitive scene. This was already proven with Hybrid Guardian (burn gerdiens prepatch). We were able to assault/defend any single node in a 1v1 point but when it came to any other 2v2+ scenario, the build lacked considerably. This mainly had to due with the heavy self sustaining meta comp as well as performing worse than a Thief in team fights..

But many do not.

A terrible speculative assumption. Rule of thumb: If there are less QQ threads, there are less unsatisfied players. The threads with “I want this added” are less and less. Even teh most pushed thread (speed buff) hardly makes top 5 priority in terms of “We really, really need to give this to our players”. It comes down to how good DH is compared to the other Specs. If the DH is good, players will think less and less about how fast they walk.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Traps are AWESOME! Crazy powerful.

You have already lost all credibility.

Thematically, they are similar in concept to Necromancer marks, but use Smite magic fitting for the Guardian.

Except Marks are far superior in every way.

Spear of Justice is vastly superior for a condition build.

This is proof that you do not understand this class, Spear of Justice is TERRIBLE for condi builds. To play a successful condi Guardian you go Virtue traitline and NEVER use your F1, you rely entirely on the passive effect and the traits that buff that passive.

The Dragonhunter traitline is very good.

Stop… please stop. My head hurts.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Thematically, they are similar in concept to Necromancer marks, but use Smite magic fitting for the Guardian.

This is proof that you do not understand this class, Spear of Justice is TERRIBLE for condi builds. To play a successful condi Guardian you go Virtue traitline and NEVER use your F1, you rely entirely on the passive effect and the traits that buff that passive.

This
I am really concerned about these people feeling dh is somewhat good.
It is as if we do not play the same game.
I am mostly pvp / wvw (roaming and raid)

I have been trying kitten dh with meditation with traps or even with shouts on tanky and dps builds…everything is just a huge blast of innefficiency.
Crappy damage at the cost of loosing efficient sustain and support.
I still don’t get how people manage to get high damage on longbow 2. With the time of chanelling I have same dps landing two aa in the same time.
Virtue casting time is a massive nerf to our survivability. (remember that positionning in gw2 is of very litlle added value with all insta teleport flying around)
Rooting skills is just a nogo on any semi correct oponent.
Traps…I see one thing efficient for trap which is bad design to be honest : test of faith with 10 dh staking it it can be a zerg killer. While subpar in almost all other scenario it will be nerfed to uselessness without compensation as usual.

How on earth can people enjoy the hypothetical new content that is about to be given to us ? I really hope I am mistaken…because otherwise hot will just be a “thank you guy but reroll to enjoy”
This I am not pleased to feel forced this way and will not commit.

in Guardian

Posted by: michelada.2947

michelada.2947

dragonhunter its a support back line not a dps class , u need to analyze the strenghts of the class , i find it amazing for wvw.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

dragonhunter its a support back line not a dps class , u need to analyze the strenghts of the class , i find it amazing for wvw.

others do it better
way better

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Guardian

Kicast.1459

That would be fine…but please tell me the support it provides ?
Block with f3 => revenant hammer is far superior.
Control ? => no way the longbow 5 is efficient enough. there is no longer and more telegraphed control skill in this game. in top of that it roots you an eternity.
Cripple…so subpar to the soft cc a necro can bring.
Boon sharing => classical guardians and rev do it much much better.
So please tell me what I did not manage to see in two complete bwe.

And to be honest what you say is somewhat contradictory to the selfishness anet was supposed to provide to dh.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ucasami.1365

Ucasami.1365

I’ll add my voice to this thread! Really like the DH’s evolution throughout the last few BWEs and especially its current iteration.

I think my favorite aspect of the DH are the new traits. They give us more visually stimulating abilities but more importantly, abilities that require far more finesse whilst giving guards a skill shot mobility skill (guards have always wanted more leaps and such for in-combat mobility). Shield of courage is really strong if you used correctly and requires that you not only position yourself accordingly, but also time it as well. Spear of justice is more just a very cool looking spell but ZA and and other passives for Spear of Justice make it really exciting and more importantly allow DH’s to kite more effectively.

The longbow is fantastic! I love the fact that playing a DH with longbow really requires that you lead targets to make effective use of so many abilities. Medi guards have always been fairly forgiving as well as up close face mashy. 6 instant cast abilities with so many benefits as well as damage and sustain. DH with longbow and 2 or 3 traps on the other hand REALLY changes up the dynamics and makes for a far more skill based playstyle as well.

While most don’t like traps, I’m actually okay with them. The PL trait helps a lot for one but in particular I absolutely love the preemptive play style required to play with traps. I’d like to see more effort (if any) towards being rewarded for being active with placing traps instead of just holding them and trying to place them on top of people mid-combat.

Either way, really like the post and thread Kain!

Happy Hunting!

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

But many do not.

Fortunately with 18 professions now it doesn’t actually take a lot of fans for a spec to have served its purpose.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

But many do not.

A terrible speculative assumption. Rule of thumb: If there are less QQ threads, there are less unsatisfied players. The threads with “I want this added” are less and less. Even teh most pushed thread (speed buff) hardly makes top 5 priority in terms of “We really, really need to give this to our players”. It comes down to how good DH is compared to the other Specs. If the DH is good, players will think less and less about how fast they walk.

I’m still talking to many people who are just as unsatisfied with DH as I am. So it’s really not just an assumption.

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

@OP, firstly, i don’t like you, at the get go. Two, your writeup sounds just like Donald Trump’s speech – lots of “it’s good, it’s great, it’s interesting”, but lacks any intellects behind it. Any benefits you list are nothing exclusive, +X% damage, applying condition (Y), ok….. very novel. Good for you that you enjoy it, I understand different people have different standards. But just because “some” of us enjoy it, does not mean that it’s problem-free or needs improvement/rework.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Guardian

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

DH is a power build that I like to use, as oppose to the core power medi variant.

I’ve always thought that burn Guardians had more at their disposal in terms of damages via blocks and utility items. Now it’s power guardian’s turn. They receive more damage applications through traps, more aegis applications means higher shattered aegis hit rates, and more cc effects to synergize the two.

Burn/Condi Guardians are not going to gain much, if anything, from DH tree. As a matter of fact, we’ll likely lose out on either damages or sustains and rightfully so. Power Guardians needed a push to rival that of burn guard meta.
(thats not to say that burn guardians are good now… my goodness.. Rev, Reaper, Engi are crazy good specs at the moment)

I don’t think you have any clue what a power guard is. A power guard is Zeal/Radiance/Virtues running all the damage modifiers and zerk gear. If you really try hard you can get DH damage close to current meta guard dmg, but that definitely isn’t by taking long bow, or more than procession of blades. You also lose utility by doing so.

There may be some who like DH, but the fact that we have gotten removed from meta comp after being in it for 2 years (and let’s be honest, we were only in it for WoR, aegis, and occasional stability/protection) should probably tell you something about our elite spec compared to others.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I don’t think you have any clue what a power guard is. A power guard is Zeal/Radiance/Virtues running all the damage modifiers and zerk gear. If you really try hard you can get DH damage close to current meta guard dmg, but that definitely isn’t by taking long bow, or more than procession of blades. You also lose utility by doing so.

Yolo glass cannon builds are not the definition of power Guards.. it’s whether or not you utilize Zerks or Marauders.

Not sure what build you ran this past BWE3 but Fragments of Faith is a whole lot better than PoB. It did crazy damages when traited, though, it could be a bug. I ran a high burst hambow zerks build and it was very effective.

There may be some who like DH, but the fact that we have gotten removed from meta comp after being in it for 2 years (and let’s be honest, we were only in it for WoR, aegis, and occasional stability/protection) should probably tell you something about our elite spec compared to others.

Just because Power Guard got removed from the meta previously, does not determine whether or not our elite spec will be good or bad. It just means the bar was set low for DH to be better. DH can, and probably is, just as good if not better than the core power guard.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Kain Francois.4328

Okay, people here keep saying how “DH is bad”, but just one question:

How is Zeal/Radiance/Dragonhunter so much inferior than Zeal/Radiance/Virtues?

DH inherits almost everything a Guardian has, except the f1 is slightly difference, and the 20% damage modifiers have different requirements (mantain cripple on foe + cast f1 versus mantaining aegis on yourself)

I argue that a Dragonhunter can maintain the 20% damage bonus easier than a Guardian with Aegis.

Oh, and if you are more than 360 range from a foe, you get an extra 10% damage buff. Altogether from traits, a 30% damage buff for going DragonHunter during ranged situations. This means for enemies like Old Tom, where you spam Scepter, it is superior to use DragonHunter instead of Virtues.

It feels like people are talking about Dragonhunter like it’s a completely different class. Is it?

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

pve’ers love DH, people will love in other game modes if they have stuff that can be “exploitable”.

Altough Anet gona nerf that KB+5sec criple on bow for sure even if it is on 10 sec cd, when people start to use it to make players out of point capture.
It will be like playing curling with a downed player > out of the circle now, no more deaths on circle.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Kain Francois.4328

Wall of Reflection, “Retreat!”, Shield of Absorption, Shield of Judgment, Binding Blade, Symbol of Protection, and more Aegis out the kitten than anyone could ask for?

Why are you comparing a separate class, and not the Guardian’s traitlines? Besides, Revenant has its own issues.

Control ? => no way the longbow 5 is efficient enough. there is no longer and more telegraphed control skill in this game. in top of that it roots you an eternity.

Why are you talking about only Longbow? You’re asking about what Control the Dragonhunter has, and that includes Greatsword, Hammer, Bane Signet, and everything else the Guardian could do. But since you’re asking about LB5, the context it’s used is in WvW, and it can destroy Zergs.

Cripple on Dragonhunter is supposed to be subpar. It serves no other purpose than to be a requirement for damage buffs, making it very efficient for team fights.

Which boons? Dragonhunter provides the same boons as Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

pve’ers love DH, people will love in other game modes if they have stuff that can be “exploitable”.

Altough Anet gona nerf that KB+5sec criple on bow for sure even if it is on 10 sec cd, when people start to use it to make players out of point capture.
It will be like playing curling with a downed player > out of the circle now, no more deaths on circle.

You cannot knockback a downed player. The only kind of CC that works on downed is Launch, which we already have on hammer to begin with.

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

You cannot knockback a downed player. The only kind of CC that works on downed is Launch, which we already have on hammer to begin with.

true true, got blinded by my HD hate i guess:(

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

Okay, people here keep saying how “DH is bad”, but just one question:

How is Zeal/Radiance/Dragonhunter so much inferior than Zeal/Radiance/Virtues?

DH inherits almost everything a Guardian has, except the f1 is slightly difference, and the 20% damage modifiers have different requirements (mantain cripple on foe + cast f1 versus mantaining aegis on yourself)

I argue that a Dragonhunter can maintain the 20% damage bonus easier than a Guardian with Aegis.

Oh, and if you are more than 360 range from a foe, you get an extra 10% damage buff. Altogether from traits, a 30% damage buff for going DragonHunter during ranged situations. This means for enemies like Old Tom, where you spam Scepter, it is superior to use DragonHunter instead of Virtues.

It feels like people are talking about Dragonhunter like it’s a completely different class. Is it?

PvE meta is virtually all melee-range. You will lose more damage and support running a ranged spec even with extra damage modifiers.

in Guardian

Kain Francois.4328

PvE meta is virtually all melee-range. You will lose more damage and support running a ranged spec even with extra damage modifiers.

Not for immobile bosses. You just need to be in enough range for allies to receive boons.

Scepter does more damage than Greatsword on certain targets.

edit: the 10% damage bonus is also relevant for Zealot’s Flame, when entering combat and approaching a foe.

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

in Guardian

Posted by: michelada.2947

michelada.2947

And to be honest what you say is somewhat contradictory to the selfishness anet was supposed to provide to dh.

what support it brings? :O

Ok Dragon Hunter for WVW :

U go staff / bow and in a back line party , eles or gank :

- Empower (might stack)
-Symbol of swiftness ( spd / range poke)
-Line of warding (wall)
-Purification (blind the frontline )
-Wall of refletion (reflect projectiles)
-Stand your Ground (stab)
-Fragments of faith (cripple + aegis for your frontline )
-Dragons maw ( wall)
-Wings of Resolve ( Great heal with a gap closer on it + condi clear on a low cooldown)
-Shield of Courage ( projectile block+ stability)
-Hunters ward ( wall )
-Puncure shot (constant Cripple on 2 targets )

Thats all i can remember right now , Dragon hunter don’t compete with any class for the role , create a role for itself , right now there is no such a thing like a backline support , with so many walls , traps , heals and utily skills that’s why i believe that dragon hunters will be amazing for wvw.

in Guardian

Kicast.1459

what support it brings? :O

Ok Dragon Hunter for WVW :

U go staff / bow and in a back line party , eles or gank :

- Empower (might stack)
-Symbol of swiftness ( spd / range poke)
-Line of warding (wall)
-Purification (blind the frontline )
-Wall of refletion (reflect projectiles)
-Stand your Ground (stab)
-Fragments of faith (cripple + aegis for your frontline )
-Dragons maw ( wall)
-Wings of Resolve ( Great heal with a gap closer on it + condi clear on a low cooldown)
-Shield of Courage ( projectile block+ stability)
-Hunters ward ( wall )
-Puncure shot (constant Cripple on 2 targets )

Thats all i can remember right now , Dragon hunter don’t compete with any class for the role , create a role for itself , right now there is no such a thing like a backline support , with so many walls , traps , heals and utily skills that’s why i believe that dragon hunters will be amazing for wvw.

Thx for this constructive remark.
One comment however important stuff of support you talk about is from classical guardian lines.
Rest of the stuff is at the cost of utility: no more fmw or elite focus.. no condi clear on a shout for a trap for a gain I have doubts: aegis on trap will not be a relyable way of providing it(first needs to be triggered second needs teamates on fragments)
And finally bow is no go for the duration it roots you on 5.
I sincerely hope I am wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

This

I have been trying kitten dh with meditation with traps or even with shouts on tanky and dps builds…everything is just a huge blast of innefficiency.
I still don’t get how people manage to get high damage on longbow 2. With the time of chanelling I have same dps landing two aa in the same time.
Virtue casting time is a massive nerf to our survivability. (remember that positionning in gw2 is of very litlle added value with all insta teleport flying around)
Traps…I see one thing efficient for trap which is bad design to be honest : test of faith with 10 dh staking it it can be a zerg killer. While subpar in almost all other scenario it will be nerfed to uselessness without compensation as usual.

How on earth can people enjoy the hypothetical new content that is about to be given to us ? I really hope I am mistaken…because otherwise hot will just be a “thank you guy but reroll to enjoy”

I can’t stand crap like this. You are perfectly welcome to not agree with his opinion or assessment of the DH, but people are allowed to enjoy things you don’t. It has no affect on how you play the class so lighten up.

in Guardian

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

This

I can’t stand crap like this. You are perfectly welcome to not agree with his opinion or assessment of the DH, but people are allowed to enjoy things you don’t. It has no affect on how you play the class so lighten up.

This, so much this. Just because you don’t like it does not mean other people are not allowed to like it, you people need to get over yourselves, the game is not designed specifically for YOU.

@OP, glad you had fun.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in Guardian

Posted by: jdallen.5179

jdallen.5179

@rajule.8054, @VaaCrow.3076, thank you.

The elements some of the critics are missing are… play style and skill.

I started the game about a year and a half ago, built and was running a support warrior, primarily for WvW. It worked well for me, as I’m not a particularly good button masher, and generally dead meat for a decent PvP player, other than in of a group setting, where I can adequately support the rest of my team and be supported by them.

Then came the update that changed our trait mechanic, and unleashed the challenges of unlimited condi stacks. My support warrior became just so much road kill.

I’ve moved over to other classes and builds which support my style – some of what I can do with variants of Guardian are among them. Again, I go for builds and traiting which supports my play style and ability with a keyboard. I’m almost certain, if I tried going with the cutting edge DPS and similar builds being discussed here, I’d suck at them, simply because the problem I’d have is PBCAK – Problem Between Chair And Keyboard. I just don’t have the coordination/depth of understanding of game mechanics/whatever required to fully exploit them.

So, I adjust – and the variations of traiting give me exactly the tools I need in game to get myself to “fun” rather than “perpetual road kill”.

To that end, DH actually, for me, with my play style, looks pretty kitten fun! Is it perfect? Heck no, but that’s why we’re dumping out feedback here, and elsewhere to the devs.

I think it will evolve. Will it be able to compete with the current Meta’s? Don’t know, don’t care. I’m not part of that bleeding edge of game play here; just a duffer out to enjoy himself with his friends.

Most of the detailed feedback I’ve seen given in good spirit is very good. I hope the dev’s take it to heart, and look forward to see what they give us. I’m looking forward to experimenting with DH – which by various accounts works well in group play in WvW already. I can’t wait to see what the tweaks do to improve that, and look forward to finding ways to use it creatively on the new maps.

(edited by jdallen.5179)

in Guardian

Dirame.8521

But then, does a guard have the space for taking this trait and sacrificing utility slots for traps in the current, and even the upcoming, meta?

I think not, maybe for the current meta in some niche situations.

I don’t know why a lot of people keep thinking that if you take Dragonhunter, it means you have to take traps and the Longbow. The Dragonhunter’s Traps and Longbow have their uses but that’s not all that the Dragonhunter is about and those aren’t the only builds you can as a Dragonhunter.

The Dragonhunter traits have been improved to an absolutely solid state (apart from that 1 minor that may or may not change) so much so that it has introduced a new way to play the bunker guard, burst guard, condi guard and possibly other guardian builds.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

This

This, so much this. Just because you don’t like it does not mean other people are not allowed to like it, you people need to get over yourselves, the game is not designed specifically for YOU.

@OP, glad you had fun.

Except the OP is making a thread on the official forums deliberately misleading the devs into thinking the DH is in a good place.

It is hard enough as it is to get the devs to recognize the long list of problems this profession has without these misleading threads.

The OP will still have just as much fun playing the DH when it its fixed.

in Guardian

Dirame.8521

This

@OP, glad you had fun.

Except the OP is making a thread on the official forums deliberately misleading the devs into thinking the DH is in a good place.

It is hard enough as it is to get the devs to recognize the long list of problems this profession has without these misleading threads.

The OP will still have just as much fun playing the DH when it its fixed.

Which problems exactly? Let’s detail those problem here because it’s serves very little to the discussion to just say “problems” in a vague term without mentioning anything specific.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Guardian is far from being the class with the biggest problems on their core spec by far, I dont know what people are talking about. There’s a reason why guard has always been part of all the metas as eles have.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Guardian is far from being the class with the biggest problems on their core spec by far, I dont know what people are talking about. There’s a reason why guard has always been part of all the metas as eles have.

One more follower of “Guardians are in a good spot” right?

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

One more follower of “Guardians are in a good spot” right?

You know the people who say that are the ones who can and CONSTANTLY do look down and can see millions of players at once, right?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

Not for immobile bosses. You just need to be in enough range for allies to receive boons.

Scepter does more damage than Greatsword on certain targets.

edit: the 10% damage bonus is also relevant for Zealot’s Flame, when entering combat and approaching a foe.

What all players need for pve is use class with best output damage and spam it like a lunatic, this is how clever this game is.

in Guardian

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

people like the one who creat the post is what going to kill the class.
dh is bad end.
its dose not synrgist well with outher traits lines and make me actully to give up on for the dh and alost the thetem of dh is dose not fell right .
bow+ medi skils = not new spec.
becuse posts like that dev may think that the gurd communtie actully like the dh with is not the case.
how many of us whould love to see the herld as our spe?(100% )
and guss what its much more dragonic that correct dh (dragon maw? )
btw how dragon hunter can hunt dragon with those traps??
sorry for the spelling im tired and not good in english

in Guardian

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

Their usefulness should not be overlooked. Spear of Justice is vastly superior for a condition build

Just going to point out that you rarely activate Virtue of Justice in a condition build. When you do it’s for the blind during a stomp or right before you kill a PvE enemy for the free reset. In both of these scenarios you want the instant cast VoJ over the altered ability with a cast time.

Plus DH pretty much offers nothing to a condi guard and you would never run DH in the first place.

in Guardian

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I played dragonhunter for a few minutes before switching back over to reaper. While I like what it does, it lacked a sort of wow factor compared to reaper, scrapper, or herald (those are the others I played).

I love the concept of dragonhunter, it feels epic. But the traps having to be laid at your feet is a HUGE turnoff. Would it really be so bad to make them be able to be cast at range with an animation? Like a light appearing or a symbol, that then disappears? And the longbow is just…well it has the same problem necros have, it big awesome skills take wayyyyy too long to be effective. I LOvED the longbow 5, but that cast time and the self root, I mean you won’t catch anybody with that, heck I had a hard enough time catching PvE mobs with it in silver wastes. I can’t imagine it actually hitting anyone in PvP, even with a proper set up. I won’t go into the traits, don’t even really remember them to be honest….

I like what the dragonhunter is about, being a more control oriented version of the guardian, utilizing traps and the unique ability to lock people in an area without using actual conditions like immobilize, but it needs work and polish to get right. It’s flashy, but that’s about it.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Guardian

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

The only reason I’m going to play DH is to pewpew people with LB#2 and watch people rage.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE