Some prolly noob staff question

in Guardian

Posted by: itachimichi.6324

itachimichi.6324

hey, i am returning player that didn’t play much on lvl 80 so far. I didn’t have much clue before the changes and now i am a little more confused. I just finished the mainquest last night and started doing the living story 2.

I love the staff. Before i took a break, i used a build i found on metabattle.com- if i remember correctly- with staff and GS and Retreat!, Stand your Ground and the last one i switched as needed. It worked for just running around and if i hit a champ rotation i would do fine aswell. Now i fiddled around with scepter, torch, onehand sword, focus and its just not my staff. I don’t have much gear yet, everything far from being optimal.

i can’t find a staff build there anymore Does that mean that right now there isn’t any with staves?
I love playing with a staff, and reading about the DH made me really exited as i also like Longbows. Can i use both at the same time? Does someone even have a build for that?

help is much appreciated

in Guardian

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

What exactly do you like about staff? I’ll try to make a build for you. And what type of utilities do you like? Do you like longbow over GS? Do you prefer support or damage or a balance of everything? etc

(edited by Skyline Crash.6254)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Bring stand your ground, retreat, feel my wrath. Last skill up to you.

Valor
-Take altruistic healing, others up to you
Honor
-take Pure of Voice, others up to you
Dragonhunter
-as see fit (there’s bound to be changes so can’t give good trait info at this point)

Use shouts for condi removal/healing. If you get low on health swap to staff and use skill 4 for a large heal. (2k per tick from altruistic)

This’ll work for most content, unless wanting to go meditations or more dps oriented.

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Are you just champ farm training with this build? Is that why you want the staff?

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Guardian

itachimichi.6324

i try to use staff as much as possible because i like it. i like staves in all MMOs. I also like staff3 and staff 4, though 4 is sometimes hard to use.

Its not for champ farm only, i do that if i bump into a train and don’t have anything better to do. I think i am going to main her for now.

I prefer Longbow over GS, but i would prolly try to keep a GS in inventory anyways, like i do with scepters, torch and focus.

i will try out the suggested builds, thank you very much
if i want to try dungeons (never did that before in GW2, just in other mmorpgs) do i have do get other weapons?

Edit:
For preferred utility, i like retreat! and stand your ground, though retreat! is prolly my favorite because i like being faster. support or dpsboosts or survivability- all fine. I like to be flexible ^^

(edited by itachimichi.6324)

in Guardian

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Your last question has made me proud. I’m glad you are trying to use weapons that work best in different situations. Check out this page to get all the dungeon rinning info you need. I can also answer any questions as a daily FOTM 50 and arah runner myself.

Metabattle.com, I could link the Guardian dungeon page, stupid phone

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in Guardian

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in Guardian

Skyline Crash.6254

i try to use staff as much as possible because i like it. i like staves in all MMOs. I also like staff3 and staff 4, though 4 is sometimes hard to use.

Its not for champ farm only, i do that if i bump into a train and don’t have anything better to do. I think i am going to main her for now.

I prefer Longbow over GS, but i would prolly try to keep a GS in inventory anyways, like i do with scepters, torch and focus.

i will try out the suggested builds, thank you very much
if i want to try dungeons (never did that before in GW2, just in other mmorpgs) do i have do get other weapons?

Edit:
For preferred utility, i like retreat! and stand your ground, though retreat! is prolly my favorite because i like being faster. support or dpsboosts or survivability- all fine. I like to be flexible ^^

to use 4, use staff 5 in front of you so mobs dont wreck you while channeling.

and just to be sure, are you going to buy heart of thorns? thats the only way to be a dragon hunter if ya didnt know

in Guardian

Skyline Crash.6254

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJAWTlsAhShYrQwQIQQELxDWVAYLVvwuARhtgcBs/lAB-e

this is what i would use if i were you. this build basically boosts LB and staff damage to be pretty good. for staff, i focused on traits that would make your staff 3 strong; i made it bigger, do more damage, and heal people. same with long bow 4 (both symbols). this build excels in keeping enemies away also.

for the last utility (bane signet), just put whatever you want. tbh, you can put whatever you want for the heal and elite also but i would recommend those two.

this build doesnt include what type of gear you want though, thats up to you and what stats you want but if you have any questions just ask

in Guardian

itachimichi.6324

I already bought the expansion
I am already totally hyped
I will test out all the builds.

Thank you all for your help!

in Guardian

Skyline Crash.6254