Something wrong with this setup?

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcturus.5846

Arcturus.5846

So today I started playing GW2 again after a long break due to spring semester and decided to give dungeons a go. The leader asked for my weapon setup which I replied Greatsword/Sword, Shield. Before I could continue to be more specific in stats, I was kicked almost immediately.

Now I ran with this build many times prior to my long break and perhaps things changed but is there something wrong with either (or both) of the weapon choice or were they just _? I have no problems with being kicked. I do however have problems with being ignorant of the reasons of why I was kicked.

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

The reason is probably that the group leader was incredibly stupid.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

Arcturus.5846

Thats what I suspected thanks. Was just surprised to be kicked due to weapons rather than build, stats, etc.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kharel Arhew.1437

Kharel Arhew.1437

Sword/shield is generally looked at as being something of an awkward combo; the shield has a tendency to knock enemies out of an AoE point in dungeons if it’s used in melee range and not carefully managed. Played right, however, it’s great. Also, not having a ranged set would make things difficult for you, depending on the dungeon—most dungeons do require some form of ranged combat capability.

Also the group leader was an idiot.

(edited by Kharel Arhew.1437)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Kicking anyone for weapons is pretty stupid, considering you could always switch out of combat.

Now, if you you were doing a place requiring range, I could understand.

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Some fights require a ranged option, your dungeon you were in a group for may have had one of those fights. What the party leader should have done is asked you if you had a scepter and could swap to it for that fight, but instead they decided to be irreconcilably moronic elitist kittens and kick you out. Oh well.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Arcturus.5846

Ahh that actually helps alot. Thanks guys! Totally forgot there are some very melee unfriendly fights in this game.