Spirit Weapon evaluation thread

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Here are the problems with each weapon:

Sword: Fails to get to the target at times, does not scale with power at all (huge problem).
Hammer: Takes forever to cast since it has to leap to the target, the leap should be good enough of a warning.
Bow: Also takes forever to get going, but heals for a rediculous amount (~10k in healing gear).
Shield: Lasts way to short for it’s cast time, or it should be instant cast.

I do like the new incarnation of spirit weapons, though they do have some problems. Though the true problem will arise when we do get mantras and they are “instant cast” spirit weapons.

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Everyone likes bigger numbers. If you kept the new numbers but the old pet style would you like that better or worse?

I’d still prefer the new style. It still needs some considerable polishing, but at least we are much more independent of stupid AI.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

I have to agree with the complaints on pathing. I tested it out in wvw, and they are almost completely unusable inside a tower because of the height elevations, and also fail at random times even not in towers due to the same issue. I think simply having them spawn at the player like Mesmer clones/phantasms do would be better, since the code is already there for that.

For shield, I would suggest increasing the size of the bubble for one, since it spawns off to the side of you, if you move even just a little you aren’t going to be in it. Or have it cast directly in front of you instead of off to the side. And maybe add 2 seconds to the duration.

For bow, I agree on making it cast a lot faster, currently its EXTREMELY hard to target, even by leading the people you want to heal, because of such a delayed cast.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Granrey.8920

Granrey.8920

they cant tank anymore, neither kill a target when you are down. You have to keep pressing them summon them.

I think they were better before. My concern before was the duration was too low.

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

Hammer definitely shouldn’t be instant. 2 sec ranged hard cc on instant cast would be way too strong.

The problem is with the animation speed, it takes 1.75 seconds (from start of cast) for the hit to land, and that’s way to long for such a skill IMO.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kiroshima.8497

Kiroshima.8497

First off, for things that function like wells (with ammo), the offensive spirit weapons have cast times that are like 3x that of necro wells.

Immediately put hammer and sword to 1/4 cast times.

Personally, I would love it if bow became a healing skill, but since that probably will never happen, but it is an aoe support skill, those usually are 3/4 or 1 second cast times. However, bow should pulse an aoe condi cleanse (when traited) since Guard could use some group cleanse that isn’t purging flames (aoe burst cleanse vs cleanse over time).

Shield should be either instant, or function like those stun breaks that have cast times (eg it’s a stun break like well of power).

Dynamics Thesis Defense Unit [UNIV] is looking for new thesis defenders.
Friendly environment, no question is too basic. Enroll Now!
~Fort Aspenwood~

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

They could reduce the cast time a bit because after the cast there is still a time to activation. I don’t believe that ~0.3s of cast would make them OP, considering the after cast time to actually activate.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

Honestly, I don’t really know why Spirit Weapons never got the full “minion” treatment. They do different things than minions do, balancing them shouldn’t be terribly difficult, and sustained hits with some burst abilities is basically what minions already do anyways. Necros would still be the best minion-mancers, but at least there would be options for people who like the play style. Might even attract more of the GW1 Ritualist crowd.

in Guardian

Posted by: Romio.8516

Romio.8516

I actually liked the changes to Spirit Weapons a lot. At last those skills are actually seems to have some use and utility. Even fun, from my point of view.
But my problems with new Spirit Weapons so far, well, pretty much same as people stated above: the casting time seems awfully long.
I think the Sword of Justice should be instant.
Shield of the Avenger should be instant to make it useful for counterplay. A bit longer Dome duration will be good too for now it’s way too short.
Instant Hammer of Wisdom whould be a bit way too much, for it’s a ranged hard CC, but at least 1/2 second will do, since it actually takes a notable aftercast before hit anything.
Bow of Truth seems alright for its effect. Might use a condi cleanse for some strong group utility.
My another concern is a casting animation, for currently there’s none. I even made a separate topic on that matter.

in Guardian

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

They fixed the bug with Sword of Justice missing if you are attacking today. Sadly, they bugged out the applying of burning when Eternal Armory is traited. Posted it to the bugs forum.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/8-16-Sword-of-Justice-broken-again

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

wish the weapons could stay up and have an auto atack like before(but stay near the guard) ._. and go dorment when the commands ammo were spent :\

those fire stacks on auto where actually nice….
plus the KB from hammer atacks..
and the shield pulses….
and the block… (worked well with traited blocks and DH condi removal on block)
and the stunbreaker…..

Everyone likes bigger numbers. If you kept the new numbers but the old pet style would you like that better or worse?

I’d still prefer the new style. It still needs some considerable polishing, but at least we are much more independent of stupid AI.

All that was needed was to remove their “A.I turist mode” and made them stay near the guard, and improve the command skills….

they are worse… much worse…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)