Spirit Weapons -- RIP

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I think something weird is going on with the scaling – I just had my spirit sword not only pull the boss of a dynamic event off of me… it then proceeded to effortlessly tank said boss until I killed it.

This was in a level 8 area, so maybe there’s an error in their hp scale or something? Too high at low levels, too low at high levels?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Siam.1278

Siam.1278

^ or HP doesn’t change and it just dies in a few hits because high level mobs hit harder.

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

You basically got the Ranger Treatment from Beta, for the record, Our Spirits are still completely unusable in every regard…even after 3 months ago when the head dev Jon Sharp came to our forum and said Spirits were bad and needed to be changed.

The only change they ended up receiving…. was buffing a talent that increases their chance to go off from 30% to 50%…. thing is..they still have like a 10 second ICD…..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

You basically got the Ranger Treatment from Beta, for the record, Our Spirits are still completely unusable in every regard…even after 3 months ago when the head dev Jon Sharp came to our forum and said Spirits were bad and needed to be changed.

The only change they ended up receiving…. was buffing a talent that increases their chance to go off from 30% to 50%…. thing is..they still have like a 10 second ICD…..

Little difference, you can deal with ranged targets , even without spirits.
WHen guardian are asking for more snaring to be capable to deal with ranged, they cut of our ranged effectivness\defense without compensate it anymore. (and who care of the kittening battle presence it give no bonus to me)
Im really sad to say that the balancing team have really no idea of how the class work.

And instead of playing like teachers, maybe they have to read all the classes forums more often.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

Kittening anet, get a grip! Stop kittening nerfing kitten and get some kittining balls!

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Alent.4780

Alent.4780

Used Shield of the Avenger in urban combat fractal and it got one shotted by trash mobs after bubbling once. Spirit weapons have barely any HP and are as useless as ranger Spirits now. = (

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

I saw the patch notes and thought that nerf seemed unnecessary. I’m sorry it’s ruined some people’s builds with how utterly nerfed spirit weapons got. Sad.

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

I think this nerf was due to the use of avenger in fotm. It simplified a lot of fractals it seemed to anet. However, tot sure why anet is nerfing things because they are useful for fotm. It’s as if they don’t want us to progress and learn how to make use of our utilities. And GG fighting in water. Not sure how I’ll survive now.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

I think this nerf was due to the use of avenger in fotm. It simplified a lot of fractals it seemed to anet. However, tot sure why anet is nerfing things because they are useful for fotm. It’s as if they don’t want us to progress and learn how to make use of our utilities. And GG fighting in water. Not sure how I’ll survive now.

I mentioned a week ago in the dungeon forums that I hoped they don’t nerf SW just because issues with FoTM ( which of course they did ). IMHO they could have just made the shield either not block a bunch of FoTM attacks or make them vulnerable to agony

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Ylvina.6749

Ylvina.6749

testet the SoA on the rata sum fractal lvl 12 against the harpys… was destroyed in 2 seconds…. he didnt even had the time to build his bubble -.-
thanks for this epic patch! /ironie

(edited by Ylvina.6749)

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Ouch, that’s too bad. They are pretty much in line with ranger spirits now :P

All is vain.

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

I am sorry about this change for your skills. They are now in line with necro minions and ranger spirits so welcome to the club i guess for what it is worth.

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Ouch, that’s too bad. They are pretty much in line with ranger spirits now :P

Its really sad, because they were a nice change of pace over some of the other builds.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I am sorry about this change for your skills. They are now in line with necro minions and ranger spirits so welcome to the club i guess for what it is worth.

I didn’t know ranger and necro summons were destroyed when they used a skill related to it.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Kums.2536

Kums.2536

1317500 kitten 2536:

I was one of the few dedicated SW Guardians. This change basically killed us who were very few to begin with. SW build was underrated, the CC from hammer was amazing…

Now SW is completely useless. By the time you summon them, they are dead. I’m sure some adjustments will be made with the next balance/nerf fix..

As a HoW user, myself, I can attest that you can still summon it and pop it’s knockdown. But this update certainly makes the “not destroyed upon use” trait all but worthless.

Agree. Maybe just 1 and done now. Then CD. Before we were able to get multiple knockdowns and CC pretty well while dpsin’. Also visually SW is what attracted me to guardian. Maybe if our CD was reduced it would be okay. But I need to double check.

Kumy – Elona [EL] – Jade Quarry

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Spirit Weapons, before this nerf, were far from rubbish. The 3 second on command stun on Hammer is very powerful. The aoe on the sword hits hard. Glass Cannon dps builds had to do nothing but run from them because they could almost singlehandedly kill someone if you time the knockdown and the sword aoe. Sure if you were like a super serious tpvp player was it the most optimal no. But I did tons of free tournaments with a spirit weapon dps build and I would destroy a lot of people and really was about as good a dps as I could get without going into a ridiculous glass cannon build. I don’t want to here about other pets because Spirit Weapons are temporary pets. They have to be powerful because you only have them about half the time and you have to invest tons of trait points into making them good. This nerf is stupefying.

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

A ranger passed by and said : now you feel my pain ???

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Renowneddragoon.4536

Renowneddragoon.4536

i really dont understand why the nerfed SW when i faced ppl useing SW i had no major issues i had to adapt for them but you should for different builds SW have now joined the ranks of ranger spirits
ps. i think anet just hates anything that is controled by AI and helps the player

wvw ranks -http://mos.millenium.org/matchups
FA -Select Few [sF]

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

ps. i think anet just hates anything that is controled by AI and helps the player

As someone who is still hoping we’ll see heroes (ala GW) implemented at some point, I sure hope not.

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Twill.6217

Twill.6217

well, congratulations anet on making already limited choices for guardians even more limited….

everyone and his mother was running shout builds already. Shield of the Avenger was only really useful in fractals (consistently). now i can just go back to spamming shouts again, now in fractals too… just like everywhere else…..

gg….

/facepalm

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Drgori.5724

Drgori.5724

I never liked the SW at all, they are slow, long cooldown, easy to avoid, etc. So I never did a build based on SW, but now I feel the pain of those who play with SW, now is just useless. before it wasn’t OP, it was just annoying, now is just pancakes…LOL… wan’t some fries with that???

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Darcy.2079

Darcy.2079

In hotjoin sPvP, I was fond of using the spirit sword as my one SW, traited with improved duration and a fire inside. The burning damage from it was satisfying. The drawbacks of SWs, despite being invulnerable, meant that it was better to swap it out for a more useful utility in tournaments. Nonetheless, it was fun for me to use a SW in hotjoins.

/mourn

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

What they should have done was make the spirit weapons suseptible to crowd control and boons, but left them invulnerable.

That would leave them unique and have fixed the issues with the shield being overpowered in Fractals.

I do think they reduced the time for recharge on the spirit weapons, though.

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

Well your spirits did get a 25% health increase on the Jan29th update. Not sure how much a difference this will make for them, buts its better than what we got.

All I have seen since launch are the repeated nerfing of Guardian builds. Slowly but surely we are getting pushed into fewer and fewer options to make gameplay interesting. I really did like my Guardian and the gameplay it used to offer. But with so much about the class being nerfed I ended up playing less and less because of the lack of options. I am saying games shouldn’t have balanced classes. But these pointless nerfs without adding anything new just gives me fewer reasons to play.

Looking down the road I see burn builds becoming useless. When they add an expansion with Primordus (which they probably will) we will be fighting lots of destroyers. Destroyers don’t take reduced damage from burning; they are completely immune to that condition.

Are they expecting Guardians to tank these hard hitting attacks from the nerf bat?

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

Well your spirits did get a 25% health increase on the Jan29th update. Not sure how much a difference this will make for them, buts its better than what we got.

All I have seen since launch are the repeated nerfing of Guardian builds. Slowly but surely we are getting pushed into fewer and fewer options to make gameplay interesting. I really did like my Guardian and the gameplay it used to offer. But with so much about the class being nerfed I ended up playing less and less because of the lack of options. I am saying games shouldn’t have balanced classes. But these pointless nerfs without adding anything new just gives me fewer reasons to play.

First off, 0 × 1.25 = 0. So, no +25% health did no REAL change.
Secondly, welcome to the club. Rangers have been getting beaten with the nerf bat since before release. First they took away greatsword, then spirits, then bows. The only thing we have going for us is a defensive healing build that relies on pets, and everyone knows how reliable they are. The only classes that seem to have resisted the power of the almighty nerfhammer are the mesmer and the thief, which I say is a testament to the power level/balance that those two professions have.

I could have forgiven all of this however, if I coudl just play the game. As of the last patch I can’t even play anymore because of abysmal frame rates.
Well that’s my rant. Good Night.

Spirit Weapons -- RIP

in Guardian

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

Yep, tested as well.
They are completely useless utilities now.

Gj Anet, hope you’re proud.

Agree with this.