Staff Empower duration bugged or reverted?

in Guardian

Posted by: OneManArmy.5617

OneManArmy.5617

November 15th patch notes indicate:
“Empower: This skill’s might duration increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.”

The tooltip for the might duration was correct and indicated 10 seconds, however the actual duration was only 8 seconds both in PvP and PvE.

December 14th patch notes indicate:
“Empower: Skill fact has been updated to display the proper amount and duration of might.”

The Empower ability tooltip was reverted back to 8seconds instead of getting it’s duration correctly applied like the November 15th patch notes say.
Why is that? Working as intended or a bug?
What happened to the change in 15th November?

Surrender is not an option!

in Guardian

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

I don’t want to be negative but I think we’ll never have an answer to this.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

My guess is might duration was extended Nov. 15 to compensate to the 5-man limit on the Heal, which was a drastic nerf.

But if that extension has been canceled, them the staff should be buffed in some other way to make up for the nerf.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in Guardian

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

My guess would be that at some point the devs were going to buff the duration to 10 seconds, and made the changes to the skill itself and the tooltip. Then later on (during the testing process for the patch, before it went live) they decided to revert the duration back to 8 seconds, deeming the change too powerful or whatever. However they forgot to fix the tooltip back to its old duration, and whoever wrote the patch notes either looked only at the tooltip change when writing the notes, or wrote them earlier (before it was changed back).

Now this patch simply fixed the tooltip so that it matches what the skill currently does.

in Guardian

Posted by: kevinchen.5918

kevinchen.5918

ya, I hate how they changed it back without saying anything

in Guardian

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

It’s almost like 2 people are working on fixes but not talking to each other (i’m not saying that is what happens, just that it looks like it when things like this happen with no explanation as to why).

Basically it’s like 1 person decides to buff the duration because of the buff/heal AOE nerf but doesn’t put it in correctly and as such only the tooltip gets changed. Next month the other person notices that the duration doesn’t match the tooltip for some reason so edits the tooltip to match the duration as a fix – when the actual fix was ment to be the duration to be increased to match the tooltip as per the previous month.

It’s a very strange one indeed, i would really love to know why and how this happened.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

in Guardian

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

It does appear suspicious. Hopefully it’s just a stealthy nerf (stealthy in that they describe it as “fixing the tool tip”). Otherwise it’s indicative of poor software CM process (and that’s a tough hole to dig out of).

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Guardian

kevinchen.5918

I REALLY want a GM to reply on this..so I bumped this.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

Me too. Along with a at least an indication that they about the bugged 2nd staff skill.

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma

in Guardian

kevinchen.5918

Bump, need somebody to reply on this

in Guardian

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Along with a at least an indication that they about the bugged 2nd staff skill.

You mean that you basically have to explode it half the time while firing at a cannon/door/etc because it got stuck somewhere? Yeah i hate this -.-