Staff - Orb of Light ally targeting

in Guardian

Posted by: WeihGuy.9320

WeihGuy.9320

I want to aim my orb of light at an ally so I can make it detonate on him. However, I seem to be unable to do so since the projectile moves correctly only when targeted at enemies. If I target it at an ally, it will do the same as if I’m targeting nothing: Aim for the ground. I still manage to heal allies with it by activating the orb at close range, but it’s frustrating how I can’t use it in situations where the intended effect would’ve made a good play. They need some way to fix this.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

No skill works by targeting an ally. What you need to do is this: target nothing (or an ally, which is pretty much the same). Then move your camera slightly, so that the head of your character is in the center of the screen (most players hold their camera so that it’s above their character). This way the Orb will fly (roughly) straight on. Untargeted skills fly in the direction the camera is looking at.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

What Ynna said. It’d be really nice if ally targeting was added in the expansion though.

in Guardian

Posted by: WeihGuy.9320

WeihGuy.9320

My gosh… alright it works, BUT this is such a pain to do in a skirmish. I guess I have to get used to it

in Guardian

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Yes, it is kittened, no it wont be fixed, developers cost money dang!

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in Guardian

Ynna.8769

My gosh… alright it works, BUT this is such a pain to do in a skirmish. I guess I have to get used to it

Try to aim it at enemies that are close the players you want to heal. That’s how I use it, but I guess this isn’t really an option in PvE.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

I wish Orb activation would make it stop and levitate in one place, so that bunker Guards would be able to create a minefield/healing field on point. It would look cool, feel pretty unique and force enemies to either take the damage to prevent healing or maneuver around orbs. Even DPS Guards would be able to use it, since Zerker’s Orbs hit pretty hard.

in Guardian

Ynna.8769

That would be a cool skill to get on our Rifle.

“Come on, hit me!”